Defeatment
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brexit is Back Empty Brexit is Back 3rd August 2017, 1:06 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

2Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 3rd August 2017, 1:26 pm

Defeatment

Well I worked as a Poll Clerk for the first one. The fuck I'm doing that again!
I think we'll never get out of the EU. A pity pissing money away isn't an Olympic sport, UK would be 1st, 2nd and 3rd!

"WHY DOES IT ALWAYS HAVE TO BE IN PENCIL?".
It doesn't. You can use for a pen for this one.
"WELL.... WELL... PEOPLE CAN FIND OUT HOW WE VOTED!".
No they can't. After the count all the slips are put into a massive sack which can only be opened on the day so of a UK Judge.
"WELL... WELL... YOU'RE STILL A TRAITOR BECAUSE YOU'VE GOT A BEARD!".
And so on. I'd rather have a referendum on keeping the Monarchy (Out demons out!) Than another EU one.

3Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 3rd August 2017, 1:43 pm

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

Sorry, but the UK has treated the EU like shit. I think the EU should just tell them to pay up and fuck off.

4Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 3rd August 2017, 10:10 pm

iank

iank

The EU are a corrupt joke.
This really gets my goat. They've had the referendum. What, do they keep going until they get the result they approve of?
Ridiculous.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 3rd August 2017, 10:19 pm

Mott1

Mott1

But didn't Farage say he wanted to do the same the evening of the referendum, when it looked like he'd narrowly lose?

6Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 3rd August 2017, 11:31 pm

iank

iank

And that would have been wrong too.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

7Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 10th August 2017, 12:32 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Gina Miller, the campaigner who won a Brexit legal challenge against the government, has revealed that she has been receiving threats of acid attacks for months and is afraid to leave her home.

The businesswoman said that if the threats continued and became too much to bear she would “seriously consider” leaving the UK.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/09/gina-miller-afraid-to-leave-her-home-after-threats-of-acid-attacks

8Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 10th August 2017, 12:51 pm

Boofer

Boofer

The result of the first referendum was a joke. Neither side got to the nub of whether it was a good or bad idea to leave or not, and both punctuated their campaign with levels of whopper-telling you'd normally only find at a timeshare sales pitch.

The referendum should always have been a two-part deal: the very idea you'd allow the public to vote on membership without defining the outcome of that action is absurd. Essentially the messaging from the leave side was 'Pull out and we'll sort out all the rest. Magic money will flow your way once all the Dagos, Darkies and Polacks decide to leave their 3 day a week jobs cleaning toilets at holiday camps.'

The whole thing is/was a massive fraud. I'm all for criticism of the EU, but the far right in this country have never wanted us in, and their prophet, Farage - who never once managed to win a parliamentary seat - is the biggest shit-stirring hypocrite of them all.

9Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 10th August 2017, 1:20 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

There are things that are a matter of opinion like whether gay marriages should be allowed and that is worthy of a referendum. Matters that have deep political and economic ramifications should be decided by experts, not the public. David Cameroon's laughable assertion that he was right to go ahead with the referendum because EU membership was a toxic subject is more posturing from the odious wanker:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/mar/30/david-cameron-i-was-right-brexit-referendum

I think I am right in saying that in the US the percentage required to win a referendum is 70%, whereas, he there is no target but 50% is usually accepted. I am not sure how much can be done about Brexit now but I hope that changes are made to the referendum system to prevent this kind of thing happening again. Make the required percentage 60% so there is a clear majority.

Brexit lead us to May as PM a fucked up snap election and a £2billion bribe to the DUP. Well done, Cameroon, you cunt.

10Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 10th August 2017, 1:30 pm

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

Mr. Happy wrote:
The businesswoman said that if the threats continued and became too much to bear she would “seriously consider” leaving the UK.
[/quote]

I really feel for this woman. This is what happened with me, except for a different reason- being disabled. She should leave the UK IMO. It's doomed and she will find out that other countries are much, much better. I never once regretted my decision to leave.

11Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 10th August 2017, 3:04 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

I am stuck for the next 3-5 years because of certain commitments but emigrating is something that is on my mind more and more these days.

12Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 10th August 2017, 8:54 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2017/aug/10/experts-strike-back-how-economists-proved-right-on-brexit

The experts strike back! How economists are being proved right on Brexit
Barry Eichengreen
The only surprise is that the experts’ predicted economic consequences of Brexit took so long to materialise

13Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 13th February 2018, 7:15 am

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

You guys are seriously fucked. I never thought I'd feel sympathy for the UK but I do. You deserve what's coming (collectively, not individually) and I hope it is going to be the fucking kick up the arse that sorts the UK out once and for all.

I can tell you now the UK is a fucking joke and the laughing stock of the world.Japan recently said it may just drop all opperations if there is no profit to be had and rightfully so.

Thank fuck I got out.

14Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 23rd May 2018, 1:43 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

UK legally bound to pay £39bn Brexit 'divorce bill' before EU trade deal agreed, admits minister
Admission exposes Theresa May’s promise that 'nothing is agreed until everything is agreed' to be an empty one, government told

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-divorce-bill-uk-pay-eu-trade-deal-talks-david-davis-suella-braverman-a8364841.html

15Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 23rd May 2018, 4:02 pm

Boofer

Boofer

This country is becoming a hole.

Actually, it is a hole.

16Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 31st May 2018, 4:40 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

The EU is a sinking ship and we're better off not on it. We were lucky we didn't get the worst of it.

17Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 10th June 2018, 8:21 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

The “Free Tommy Robinson” Protesters in London Were Making a Counterintuitive Argument for Britain to Remain in the EU

But taken in totality, the great irony of the entire Brexit issue is that the lack of information in Britain regarding what the EU really is has turned those who think and act like the British ruling class into supporters of the EU, while Tommy Robinson’s gang of right-wing football hooligans now have vastly more in common with the structural realities of the EU as well as the turning political tides in Europe than they do with mainstream British politics. Of course, none of this is to say that all Brexit supporters want a multiracial society and that all pro-EU Britons are Robinson style hooligans. In fact, the opposite stereotype is the one preferred by the mainstream media even though that stereotype is equally false. The fact remains though that if one wants to associate with an overwhelmingly white and overwhelmingly non-Islamic group of nations, the best thing for the Free Tommy supporters to do is band together with their European allies and work to both democratically kick Merkel out of office in Germany and work to end Brexit in the UK. Ironically, they have largely taken the opposite approach.

It is one thing to be careful what one wishes for, but it is quite another to be blissfully unaware of that for which one is wishing.

https://www.eurasiafuture.com/2018/06/10/the-free-tommy-robinson-protesters-in-london-were-making-a-counterintuitive-argument-for-britain-to-remain-in-the-eu/

I think that article highlights the lack of political awareness of some sides rather well.

18Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 12th June 2018, 1:25 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Brexit is Back Al3jmd

19Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 12th June 2018, 1:25 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Brexit is Back Wswj2u

20Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 14th June 2018, 3:00 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

The Closer Look
2 days ago (edited)
Ok, so I just found out about a new EU copyright law that is coming up on the 20th of June. Essentially what I think it does is nuclear strike anything copyrighted in any country that is part of the EU. It seems according to the rules of this new directive fair use is irrelevant and anything that uses copyrighted work is by default deleted from YouTube, Facebook e.t.c

Nobody has talked about this side yet but I am extremely worried about the effect this will have on the video essay community. I do hope this bill gets struck down before it passes but if it goes through in it's current state and you yourself live in the EU there is a very real chance you will no longer be able to view video essays as it seems fair use has just been abolished. This bill is bad news for everyone. I honestly pray I am wrong.

But if the worst comes to the worst, I guess brexit wasn't that bad a thing for my career XD

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCI9DUIgtRGHNH_HmSTcfUbA/community?lb=Ugx9VDW5YW4-JdmUyAp4AaABCQ

That seems rather Draconian.

21Brexit is Back Empty Re: Brexit is Back 14th June 2018, 3:05 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

In one recent egregious example, a10-hour video of white noise uploaded to YouTube received five copyright claims as a result of Content ID. The copyright claimants opted to monetize rather than take down the video, meaning that they were able to profit off content that did not belong to them. Although Google, of which YouTube is a subsidiary, dropped the claims, a typical user accused of infringement would have to go through a lengthy process.

https://newint.org/features/web-exclusive/2018/06/11/eu-copyright-law

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum