1 Political Compass. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:31 am

https://www.politicalcompass.org/test/

Just for fun.  Wink

Here's mine.

View user profile

2 Re: Political Compass. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:04 am

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater

There were a few questions in there that could have done with a "not arsed" option. Not sure what to make of the result.

3 Re: Political Compass. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:05 am

I did this on PMF and came out in the middle of the green square. PMF has gone down so can't give exact results.

View user profile

4 Re: Political Compass. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:07 am

I think it puts me far too left economically.

Most of the economic questions centred on corporatism and workers rights.

I don't have any objection to fair, regulated trade as long as taxes are paid.

5 Re: Political Compass. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:32 am

Not sure what I am. I agree in helping those most in need, especially the poor and disabled, but I do believe a lot of the lower class are simply lazy and unmotivated. I blame a lot of this loss of ambition on external factors however, such as the lack of social mobility.

I believe education should be free including university.

I am a pro supporter of the EU and appose brexit, but am concerned about excessive immagration and the failure of intergration (and remember folks, my father was an immagrant and now I am one too in Japan). I do support immagration however.

I believe in taxing the rich more and that corporations should risk nationalisation if they fail to pay tax. Boards of such companies should be jailed and have assets stripped if they manipulated the company to avoid tax.

In terms of history, I believe it is vital to teach the evils of the British empire and of all the wars. Imperialism needs to be seen as a bad thing.

I'm also against trident.

I am against the death penality.

Finally, I think we should kick out all US military organisations in the UK.

View user profile

6 Re: Political Compass. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 2:52 am

Mike

Dick Tater
@Genkimonk wrote:Not sure what I am. I agree in helping those most in need, especially the poor and disabled, but I do believe a lot of the lower class are simply lazy and unmotivated. I blame a lot of this loss of ambition on external factors however, such as the lack of social mobility.
Rolling Eyes

View user profile

7 Re: Political Compass. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:07 pm

@Genkimonk wrote:Not sure what I am. I agree in helping those most in need, especially the poor and disabled, but I do believe a lot of the lower class are simply lazy and unmotivated.

There's a palpable difference between the lazy and the unmotivated; they aren't two sides of the same coin.

To be lazy is a volitive, moral choice, to be unmotivated infers external demotivational factors (and possibly endogenous ones).

The problem is it's often difficult to tell the difference between the two on face value. Some people hide their depression/motivational deficits by affecting a lazy persona to hide the state of their mental health; very few are authentically lazy in my experience.

8 Re: Political Compass. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:49 pm

Here's mine.

Not bad for a misogynistic sexist transphobic manchild broflake frightened by the fragility of his own gender, I'd say.

Last edited by Rob Filth on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

9 Re: Political Compass. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:02 pm

Mike

Dick Tater

View user profile

10 Re: Political Compass. on Tue Jul 18, 2017 10:12 pm

Mine also came out in the green quadrant, albeit nearer the centre. Fuck knows where my certificate went!

Oscar Wilde
View user profile

11 Re: Political Compass. on Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:56 am

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum