You are not connected. Please login or register

New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 14]

26 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:33 pm

Moffat will live in infamy for this gender-bending crap.
Can anyone (who isn't an idiot) actually take Missy seriously as the Master? I can't. I didn't even mind her as much in series 10, but I still didn't see her as the Master. The whole thing is absurd, and yes, it has been introduced quite blatantly for PC pandering. It's certainly not because it's a good idea.
I wouldn't want Romana coming back as a man, either, because she's a female character.

It's so sad that this crap has infested this show and it may well end up being the death of it.

View user profile

27 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:33 pm

@Boofer wrote:Excluding all the sophistry and palpable male ego fragility, there's no such thing as a male or female Time Lord any more. The old show defined the Doctor as a male character, and also some of the new, but the canon has been changed by the writing. It's not like changing the gender of James Bond because the Time Lords are an alien race who can change their form. Their gender fluidity is part of their DNA now. Just because we didn't see it before doesn't mean it wasn't happening.


LOL how's it got anything to do with male ego? Again why didn't Brainiac changing gender provoke outrage like Missy? No one even noticed Brainiac gender bending. Again that was because unlike with the Doctor or the Master it meshed with that character.

I wish I could find clips online of Alison Mack in action as Brainiac and post them beside James Marsters as the character to show people how much it worked in that case, because the character was written in a way where his gender genuinely wasn't a part of his character.

I'd then of course post clips of Michelle Gomez alongside, well any of her male predecessors to show why it really didn't work in the Masters case LOL.

And as I said technically you can add anything you want to a work of fiction, but that doesn't mean its automatically great.

You really don't think it changes things in a silly way that now time lords are suddenly gender fluid. Susan is as much a male character as a female one? Again she could either morph into Morven Christie or Brian Blessed! That destroys Susan as a character as it means when she shows up there is no real consistency to her any more. She can be literally anybody and I hate that.

And the funny thing is that new who hasn't even attempted to write the Doctor as a gender neutral character anyway. They're making it up as they go along clearly, cause they stick this shit into it, but then if anything write the Doctor as more of a blokish character making jokes about picking girls up than every before.

Moff's Doctor if he became a woman would probably spend all day looking at his tits.

View user profile

28 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:37 pm

Oh cheer up, Ian, it could be good with a woman. If she nails the character of the Doctor, who cares if she uses feminine hygiene products?

Failing that it could still be Chris Marshall, which will probably upset 99% of fans as opposed the to the angry third or so who can't countenance the idea of the TARDIS console having a make-up mirror.


_________________
View user profile

29 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sat Jul 15, 2017 11:40 pm

Failing that it could still be Chris Marshall, which will probably upset 99% of fans as opposed the to the angry third or so who can't countenance the idea of the TARDIS console having a make-up mirror.

Far more people want Kris Marshall. Also we'd be lucky to get him at this point as he'd have left a show seen by 5 times as many people to be in DW.

View user profile

30 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:22 am

Mike

avatar
Dick Tater
The Doctor is the antithesis of the male ego in a lot of ways.

It's wonderful to have that as a role model, but also wonderful to experiment because it doesn't do away with what has come before, and we have these things called DVDs.

The sort of machismo the Doctor stands against is precisely the default 'male identity' of this society. Indeed, what the Doctor stands for is perhaps more akin to the unity of masculinity and femininity prescribed by Virginia Woolf in A Room of One's Own, a combination she says is utterly essential for artistic and philosophical creativity to flourish in men and women.

View user profile

31 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:17 am

What a load of pseudo-intellectual drivel.

View user profile

32 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:39 am

@Mike wrote:The Doctor is the antithesis of the male ego in a lot of ways.

It's wonderful to have that as a role model, but also wonderful to experiment because it doesn't do away with what has come before, and we have these things called DVDs.

The sort of machismo the Doctor stands against is precisely the default 'male identity' of this society. Indeed, what the Doctor stands for is perhaps more akin to the unity of masculinity and femininity prescribed by Virginia Woolf in A Room of One's Own, a combination she says is utterly essential for artistic and philosophical creativity to flourish in men and women.

Great post.

View user profile

33 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 2:08 am

Mike

avatar
Dick Tater
@iank wrote:What a load of pseudo-intellectual drivel.
Have I offended that fragile male ego of yours, Ian?

Or are you able to challenge my points?

I welcome you to.

As for 'pseudo-intellectual', I am currently writing my dissertation for my Masters degree. This isn't to brag, more to say I do have some ground on which to stand, here.

View user profile

34 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:40 am

I'm confused, I thought the Men's Wimbledon final was being played to decide the new Doctor? Come on Federer!

In all honesty though I did wonder when I'd stop watching the show. If we get a female Doc I'm out.


_________________
"Change, my dear. And it seems not a moment too soon" Cool
View user profile

35 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:59 am

@Mike wrote:
@iank wrote:What a load of pseudo-intellectual drivel.
Have I offended that fragile male ego of yours, Ian?

Or are you able to challenge my points?

I welcome you to.

As for 'pseudo-intellectual', I am currently writing my dissertation for my Masters degree. This isn't to brag, more to say I do have some ground on which to stand, here.

It is to brag Mike and what's more it comes across as arrogant that because you are studying for a masters you have more authority or ground to speak on than the "plebs".

And your points are silly. There are differences between men and women, but I think it says more about you if you think that its sexist to say that.

You are the one who is automatically equating femininity with weak, hence why you want to basically destroy it by saying that actually it doesn't exist. Basically according to SJW's and feminists women's own femininity is just a way for women to be kept down.

I meanwhile don't equate femininity with weakness. I just think its different to masculinity.

Its been shown in many studies that even as infants women are more interested in people, whilst men are more interested in things. Now this makes sense when you think about it. Ages ago men would have to fashion the tools, whilst women reared the next generation of children.

Of course we no longer live in caves, but it has relatively speaking been a short space of time since then. (Look at how little say Tyrannosaurus Rex changed in just a few million years)

So we still have some holdover from that time as our bodies haven't really changed that much as there's no need.

Now of course everything is a spectrum and you do get some women who are interested in things, some men who are interested in people, some feminine guys, tomboy women, but the point is overall this can apply to most men and women.

Hence why women tend to dominate caring professions, more men are interested in tech, why women's interests tend to be more soap operas, romantic novels, things about people and relationships, whilst men's interests again tend to be more about things like action movies, sci fi etc.

Now again that can manifest itself in different ways in different people, but by no means do the masculine traits always make you stronger as you can see with me and my sister.

My sister has always been interested in people. Hence why she became a Doctor and why she has travelled all over the world helping people, visiting war torn and dangerous countries to help the survivors and putting her life in extreme danger. She is an extremely brave and daring person.

Me meanwhile I have very masculine interests. I have always been interested in things like monsters, space ships, etc. However as a result of that I am quite a shy, introverted person, a walking cliche of the sad geek!

So no femininity is not a bad thing, but its perfectly reasonable to say that the Doctor is a masculine character and has always been written as such. Its such a shallow and sexist point of view to say that the Doctor isn't masculine because he isn't macho. As if that's the only masculine trait there is.

All of the Doctors relationships have been from a male perspective, all of the men who have played him have brought aspects of their own male personalities to the role. He's always been more of a scientist, interested in things like his TARDIS, exploring than in people, he's always been more obsessive which again is more of a trait found in men studies have shown.

Of course as always this doesn't mean men are better. On the one hand you do tend to get more men who are over represented in certain fields because they are more obsessed with their goals than women, but on the other there are more men serial killers as a result!

If the character of the Doctor were morphed into a woman, any woman it wouldn't feel like the same character anymore. Either you would have to write him as a feminine character which wouldn't feel like the same MAN anymore or you'd write him as a man in a woman's body in which case what's the point? Seriously why bother if you're so interested in female heroes why not get a new feminine hero like Buffy or Xena, rather than a man in a woman's body?

And no saying that there are differences between men and woman does NOT mean that trans people don't exist. In fact saying that gender is a social construct says they don't exist as hey if there are no differences between men and women, why bother changing? Here is a vid from Blaire White, a male to female transexual about gender NOT being a social construct.



Last edited by burrunjor on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:04 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

36 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:02 am

@Mike wrote:
@iank wrote:What a load of pseudo-intellectual drivel.
Have I offended that fragile male ego of yours, Ian?

Or are you able to challenge my points?

I welcome you to.

As for 'pseudo-intellectual', I am currently writing my dissertation for my Masters degree. This isn't to brag, more to say I do have some ground on which to stand, here.

LOL How did I know you were "college educated (or should I say "college indoctrinated"? LOL
What points? I saw no points to argue with. Just the usual sub-intellectual meaningless regurgitated garbage so beloved of the brainwashed who think they're "clever". LOL

When are you going to have the operation, Michael (or should that be Michelle now)? LOL

View user profile

37 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:19 am

@iank wrote:
@Mike wrote:
@iank wrote:What a load of pseudo-intellectual drivel.
Have I offended that fragile male ego of yours, Ian?

Or are you able to challenge my points?

I welcome you to.

As for 'pseudo-intellectual', I am currently writing my dissertation for my Masters degree. This isn't to brag, more to say I do have some ground on which to stand, here.

LOL How did I know you were "college educated (or should I say "college indoctrinated"? LOL
What points? I saw no points to argue with. Just the usual sub-intellectual meaningless regurgitated garbage so beloved of the brainwashed who think they're "clever". LOL

When are you going to have the operation, Michael (or should that be Michelle now)? LOL

View user profile

38 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:00 am

I cannot see Chibnail casting a female doctor. If Mofftwat was still head writer then I reckon a female doctor would of been cast.

However, the idea of the next doctor being female makes sense because The Doctor  is entering number 13 and he originally only had 12 lives. So 13 being a new cycle makes sense that he becomes another gender.

However, I think the new doctor will remain male but of could be of ethnic race.

View user profile

39 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:42 am

Anti-intellectualism at it's finest LOL Dunning-Kruger in it's crystalline form, laid bare for all to see. LOL

"I knows better than you, cos you've dinloculated by books and shit!

I know everyfink cos Pat Condominium and Borgon of Twattad told me so - and my mate daown the pub too. He ses nuance is for ponces."


_________________
View user profile

40 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:00 pm

Mike

avatar
Dick Tater
@burrunjor wrote:And your points are silly. There are differences between men and women, but I think it says more about you if you think that its sexist to say that.
I don't, and surely my post suggests that there are differences?

@burrunjor wrote:You are the one who is automatically equating femininity with weak, hence why you want to basically destroy it by saying that actually it doesn't exist.
LOL no I'm fucking not. Clutching at straws a bit there. Did you actually even read my post?

@burrunjor wrote:Its been shown in many studies that even as infants women are more interested in people, whilst men are more interested in things. Now this makes sense when you think about it. Ages ago men would have to fashion the tools, whilst women reared the next generation of children.

[...] Now of course everything is a spectrum and you do get some women who are interested in things, some men who are interested in people, some feminine guys, tomboy women, but the point is overall this can apply to most men and women.

Hence why women tend to dominate caring professions, more men are interested in tech, why women's interests tend to be more soap operas, romantic novels, things about people and relationships, whilst men's interests again tend to be more about things like action movies, sci fi etc.
... So my point about the Doctor surely makes sense, that he is a kind of fusion of extreme interest in those around him, and in science; a fusion of scientism and considerable empathy.

@burrunjor wrote:So no femininity is not a bad thing, but its perfectly reasonable to say that the Doctor is a masculine character and has always been written as such. Its such a shallow and sexist point of view to say that the Doctor isn't masculine because he isn't macho. As if that's the only masculine trait there is.
No, you just didn't understand my post in the slightest, did you?

The point I am trying to make is that, yes, while there may be certain basic, largely insignificant differences in men and women on a 'biological' level brought about by ancient roles driven towards the survival of the species, there is a level 'above' that if you will which is socially indoctrinated, discursively constructed. The Doctor therefore goes against what, in our society, are deemed masculine traits. Does he go against them by eschewing them altogether? No. He goes against them by placing them into a dialectic with what is constructed as being feminine in this society.

I direct you to the end of this interview with Herbert Marcuse, a renowned critical theorist and philosopher, and one time colleague of Theodor W. Adorno:



Here, Marcuse suggests that a society could have much to learn from women as they are socially formed. He doesn't here need to speculate as to the biological formation of these traits, just that patriarchal society, formed as it is by what is currently seen as masculinity, has resulted in the society that we have now. Femininity is often associated with empathy, kindness, gentleness, an interest in people (as you say). This does not mean that there are no men like this, nor that men like this are not masculine. This is to speak out against the current constructions of masculinity and femininity in this society.

View user profile

41 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:01 pm

I just hope Tommy Robinson is the New Doctor Who Big Grin



Tommy Robinson vs Muhammed and Islam is the same as the Doctor vs Davros and the Daleks, and Dan Dare vs The Mekon and the Treens.

All 3 cases involve a twisted pathetic, hateful, inadequate man (Muhammed, Davros and The Mekon) who manage to forge a group of fanatical followers in their own twisted image (radical Muslims, IE Muslims who actually follow the Quran rather than the diluted westernised Muslims we live beside. Daleks and Treens.)

And they are opposed by an under dog of a British hero, Tommy, the Doctor and Dan Big Grin

View user profile

42 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:02 pm

Mike

avatar
Dick Tater
@iank wrote:LOL How did I know you were "college educated (or should I say "college indoctrinated"? LOL
What points? I saw no points to argue with. Just the usual sub-intellectual meaningless regurgitated garbage so beloved of the brainwashed who think they're "clever". LOL

When are you going to have the operation, Michael (or should that be Michelle now)? LOL
You really are a despicable bastard, Ian. But once again, I welcome you to challenge what I said. Just because someone goes to university, they're not automatically clever; indeed, just because someone has not gone to university, does not mean they're thick. To suppose such a thing would be ridiculous.

Again. Please challenge what I said with something other than hyperbole.

View user profile

43 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:13 pm

Tommy Robinson, thug and Zionist shill.

Disgusting man, full of hatred and bile.

"I see you, Tommy Robinson.

I see your angry little Toby jug of a face, all snarling and constipated, like a cross little pug trying to force out rusty grapeshot. I see your bent nose, broken over and over in a hundred mindless brawls, squished further from pressing it up against the windows of all the Wetherspoons you’re barred from. You don’t seem very happy, Tommy Robinson. Everywhere you go you’re throwing punches or getting punched, whether it’s at the Ascot or in the street. Every time I see you on the telly I’m half expecting Benjamin Sisko to rock up and shake his head and ask you if anything you’ve done has made your life better.

Because let’s face it, Tommy Robinson, for all your red-faced masculinity and national pride, you’re really a bit of a sad and feeble thing. You’re furious and impotent, lashing out at all around you, jutting your chin and pointing the finger at anyone other than yourself. Your life’s been an angry little whirlwind, and not once does it seem to have occurred to you that maybe it wasn’t Islam’s fault that you punched that off-duty police officer and destroyed your own career prospects.

And that’s probably the saddest thing; that for all your gurning, your fist-shaking, your bellowing into megaphones and punching the sky, you’re too smart to have ever really found a home in any of this racist guff, even in the organisations you built from the ground up. It’s like you’ve decided you’re a dung beetle and can only work with the worst crap life has to offer, yet every time you try to carve something out of it you’re surprised to find out it stinks. You quit the BNP because the National Front links were a bit much for you, which is a bit like turning down a canapé at an orgy when you’ve already got a buttplug the diameter of a grapefruit up you. It’s not like you haven’t already gone too far, you absolute potato.

You even quit the EDL, the UK’s biggest and least talented Mitchell Brothers tribute act, because things got a bit too Nazi. For a smart bloke it’s laughably ridiculous that you seem to be constantly - and unpleasantly - surprised by just how backwards and vicious the people who your rhetoric inspire turn out to be. There was a glimmer of hope when you first turned your back on them, but it turns out that all you really learned out of a few interactions with Muslims was how to reinvent yourself as a slippery little rent-a-gobshite like Mo Ansar.

Which is where we’re at now, Tommy Robinson, with your little goblin face stuck in front of the cameras on the sofas of morning television shows, forcing all of us to play “who’s the bigger tw@?” with you and Piers Morgan over our Weetabix. If the BBC had put a jihadist in front of Huw Edwards the day after London Bridge the offices of the Daily Mail would’ve spontaneously combusted with righteous outrage, but for some reason after a right-wing terrorist ploughs into worshippers outside Finsbury Park Mosque you’re the melt the media have on speed dial.

You’re a hate preacher, Tommy Robinson, and like any other you don’t have a single legitimate argument to cling to. You’ve built your crappy little house on a bedrock of misinformation and any idiot who sees it as a lighthouse shining the way needs their eyesight tested. You can pull your hoods up, you can have your little scraps with Antifa, you can shout you’re England ’til you die until you’re raw in the throat and purpler than David Carradine in the face, but you won’t ever offer a single constructive answer to any of the threats you exploit for your own opportunistic ends.

I see you, Tommy Robinson.

I see you in the dark, your heels ringing on brass, your arms pulled tight around you as you shiver in the cold. I see the halo of stars around you, their pinpricks covering the inky void, a thousand shimmering colours sparkling through the nebulae that wash the horizon. I see you screaming, yelling anything out into the nothingness, hearing nothing but the faintest echo of a retort.

I hear you fall to your knees, Tommy Robinson, banging on the brass disc as it spins, a tiny figure on the other side doing the same.

It’s you and Anjem Choudary, Tommy Robinson. Two sides of the same coin, screaming nothing, never able to see your mirror in each other. Yelling in to the void where you belong for ever, until the stars wink out and the empty noise collapses into silence.

That’d be nice, wouldn’t it? Hell, I’d settle for just not legitimising any of this bullshit. Maybe when Katie Hopkins has finally talked herself out of a job and we can’t hear any of your bollocks any more we can start looking at some actual ways to fix our problems with each other.

I see you, Tommy Robinson. I see you."

https://www.facebook.com/ISeeYouStories/photos/a.572035576233853.1073741829.552777451492999/1158122214291850/

View user profile

44 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 12:20 pm

@Boofer wrote:Anti-intellectualism at it's finest LOL Dunning-Kruger in it's crystalline form, laid bare for all to see. LOL

"I knows better than you, cos you've dinloculated by books and shit!

I know everyfink cos Pat Condominium and Borgon of Twattad told me so - and my mate daown the pub too. He ses nuance is for ponces."

Ah Seal thank you giving me the same argument that I already deconstructed about 5 times already.

First of all I am not a huge fan of Sargon of Akkad. I have regularly said he is too right wing for me with his constant anti socialist rants, and rants against the NHS etc.

I do agree with his position against feminism and Islam and he is quite a good orator (when he isn't just laughing) and I respect the fact that he has people he disagrees with on his channel all the time and gives them a chance to explain their position. As a result of that some of the interviews he gives like this one with Maajid Nawaz can be very fair, interesting and insightful.



But by no means am I a fanboy of him and you have been told this about 6 times. In fact I have quoted and cited the likes of Christopher Hitchens, Ayaan Hirsi Ali, and John Pilger who I have way more common ground with ALL the time.

Yet you ignore that as it doesn't fit your narrative of "he's stupid because he likes some youtubers." Even then you don't even pick the youtubers I am a big fan of like Blaire White, ShoeOnHead, Angry Foreigner, Chris Ray Gun, etc because they are all reasonable so you pick on Sargon who you think is unreasonable to fit your agenda.

And again the fact that you would dismiss someones opinion just because they happen to like some youtubers is the definition of intellectual snobbery.

And I never said going to University made you stupid. I have a History degree. However at the same time I don't think that gives me any authority over someone who doesn't have a degree. That would make me a Frasier Crane style snob "I have a degree from Harvard. Whenever I'm wrong the world makes a little less sense".

View user profile

45 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:10 pm

@Boofer wrote:Tommy Robinson, thug and Zionist shill.

Disgusting man, full of hatred and bile.

"I see you, Tommy Robinson.

I see your angry little Toby jug of a face, all snarling and constipated, like a cross little pug trying to force out rusty grapeshot. I see your bent nose, broken over and over in a hundred mindless brawls, squished further from pressing it up against the windows of all the Wetherspoons you’re barred from. You don’t seem very happy, Tommy Robinson. Everywhere you go you’re throwing punches or getting punched, whether it’s at the Ascot or in the street. Every time I see you on the telly I’m half expecting Benjamin Sisko to rock up and shake his head and ask you if anything you’ve done has made your life better.

Because let’s face it, Tommy Robinson, for all your red-faced masculinity and national pride, you’re really a bit of a sad and feeble thing. You’re furious and impotent, lashing out at all around you, jutting your chin and pointing the finger at anyone other than yourself. Your life’s been an angry little whirlwind, and not once does it seem to have occurred to you that maybe it wasn’t Islam’s fault that you punched that off-duty police officer and destroyed your own career prospects.

And that’s probably the saddest thing; that for all your gurning, your fist-shaking, your bellowing into megaphones and punching the sky, you’re too smart to have ever really found a home in any of this racist guff, even in the organisations you built from the ground up. It’s like you’ve decided you’re a dung beetle and can only work with the worst crap life has to offer, yet every time you try to carve something out of it you’re surprised to find out it stinks. You quit the BNP because the National Front links were a bit much for you, which is a bit like turning down a canapé at an orgy when you’ve already got a buttplug the diameter of a grapefruit up you. It’s not like you haven’t already gone too far, you absolute potato.

You even quit the EDL, the UK’s biggest and least talented Mitchell Brothers tribute act, because things got a bit too Nazi. For a smart bloke it’s laughably ridiculous that you seem to be constantly - and unpleasantly - surprised by just how backwards and vicious the people who your rhetoric inspire turn out to be. There was a glimmer of hope when you first turned your back on them, but it turns out that all you really learned out of a few interactions with Muslims was how to reinvent yourself as a slippery little rent-a-gobshite like Mo Ansar.

Which is where we’re at now, Tommy Robinson, with your little goblin face stuck in front of the cameras on the sofas of morning television shows, forcing all of us to play “who’s the bigger tw@?” with you and Piers Morgan over our Weetabix. If the BBC had put a jihadist in front of Huw Edwards the day after London Bridge the offices of the Daily Mail would’ve spontaneously combusted with righteous outrage, but for some reason after a right-wing terrorist ploughs into worshippers outside Finsbury Park Mosque you’re the melt the media have on speed dial.

You’re a hate preacher, Tommy Robinson, and like any other you don’t have a single legitimate argument to cling to. You’ve built your crappy little house on a bedrock of misinformation and any idiot who sees it as a lighthouse shining the way needs their eyesight tested. You can pull your hoods up, you can have your little scraps with Antifa, you can shout you’re England ’til you die until you’re raw in the throat and purpler than David Carradine in the face, but you won’t ever offer a single constructive answer to any of the threats you exploit for your own opportunistic ends.

I see you, Tommy Robinson.

I see you in the dark, your heels ringing on brass, your arms pulled tight around you as you shiver in the cold. I see the halo of stars around you, their pinpricks covering the inky void, a thousand shimmering colours sparkling through the nebulae that wash the horizon. I see you screaming, yelling anything out into the nothingness, hearing nothing but the faintest echo of a retort.

I hear you fall to your knees, Tommy Robinson, banging on the brass disc as it spins, a tiny figure on the other side doing the same.

It’s you and Anjem Choudary, Tommy Robinson. Two sides of the same coin, screaming nothing, never able to see your mirror in each other. Yelling in to the void where you belong for ever, until the stars wink out and the empty noise collapses into silence.

That’d be nice, wouldn’t it? Hell, I’d settle for just not legitimising any of this bullshit. Maybe when Katie Hopkins has finally talked herself out of a job and we can’t hear any of your bollocks any more we can start looking at some actual ways to fix our problems with each other.

I see you, Tommy Robinson. I see you."

https://www.facebook.com/ISeeYouStories/photos/a.572035576233853.1073741829.552777451492999/1158122214291850/

That has got be the biggest load of snobbish, pretentious bollocks I have ever read in my life LOL LOL LOL LOL

Okay first things first. It makes me laugh that you accuse Tommy of being a Zionist. Its such a double standard. Why is it okay for you lot to go on about the evils of Zionism, but I can't go on about the evils of Islamism? "Cause Muslims are brown and Jews are white".

If someone says something bad about Zionism people don't instantly assume you hate the Jews, (who have had FAR more of a history of persecution than Muslims.) But as soon as I say something bad about Islam then its I hate all Muslims and apparently want to exterminate them from people like you Lady Lusipher and Mike LOL. Such a soft bigotry of low expectations.

And that poem, rant whatever, first of all just focuses on insulting Tommy's looks more than anything else which is NOT an argument. Its childish abuse.

Second of all he Ascot thing was in self defence. Here's Tommy's side of the story and video footage to back it up.



On top of that I noticed a lot of class snobbery in that response too.

Also Tommy is NOT a hate preacher. In fact Tommy has warned that innocent Muslims will pay as a result of this PC bullshit as the more and more we don't do anything about the growing problem with Islamic extremism then the more support there will be for genuine right wing thugs who attack anyone who is brown skinned.

Here a week or so before the Finsbury Mosque attack he warns of that happening. Ironically if people had listened to him we could have avoided so much bloodshed its not true!



To even try and compare Tommy Robinson to Anjem Choudary is disgusting.

Tommy Robinson has helped young and vulnerable people across the United Kingdom like Chelsey Wright who the cowardly mainstream media and the police have otherwise ignored.

View user profile

46 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:13 pm

Anyway getting back on point apparently Jodie Whitaker and Kris Marshall are neck and neck at the bookies.

I think its Jodie not only because of the PC pandering, but wasn't Capaldi a last minute favourite too?

View user profile

47 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:23 pm

@iank wrote:He's right, though, Michael. The level of blatant anti-white male racism and sexism on GB is astounding at the  moment. And these people are so dumb they don't even realise how hideous they are, utterly oblivious to their own hypocrisy. If anyone was on there spouting the same level of vitriol about the possibility of casting a black man they'd get banned.

GB is a New Who site. You can't expect intelligent conversation from them.

And they are run by Americans. When was the last time you saw an American actually debate, rather than shout over eachother and call each other "snowflakes".

View user profile

48 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:40 pm

@iank wrote:Moffat will live in infamy for this gender-bending crap.
Can anyone (who isn't an idiot) actually take Missy seriously as the Master? I can't. I didn't even mind her as much in series 10, but I still didn't see her as the Master. The whole thing is absurd, and yes, it has been introduced quite blatantly for PC pandering. It's certainly not because it's a good idea.
I wouldn't want Romana coming back as a man, either, because she's a female character.

It's so sad that this crap has infested this show and it may well end up being the death of it.

Have to say, I agree completely with this.

I have never seen Missy as being The Master, even if she was more tolerable during Series 10.(I have always put Missy down to being The Rani pretending to be the Master)

Muppet has turned the show into self-parody with transgender regeneration, and nothing more than an extended version of "The Curse of Fatal Death".

I am expecting this new Doctor announcement to be the final nail in the coffin and yes, I WILL be out when the next Doctor is announced as a woman no matter how talented the actress or great the script writing is.

There's far better shows out there and it's a shame to see an old faithful dog be put down and out of it's misery, but hey, shit happens and you've got to get on with life.



Last edited by Rob Filth on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

49 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:40 pm

... So my point about the Doctor surely makes sense, that he is a kind of fusion of extreme interest in those around him, and in science; a fusion of scientism and considerable empathy.

Not at all. That implies that men are incapable of empathy. They obviously are. Its just in a different way to women.

The Doctor takes on a fatherly role to those around him most of the time, which is different to a motherly one. He's also sometimes a big brother figure, a crazy uncle or even a husband and boyfriend!

Also the Doctor is quite a cold, ruthless character a lot of the time too. Yes he has a strong sense of morals, but a lot of the time his obsession with exploring puts people in danger, like the first Dalek story, the Caves of Androzani, even in the Tennant era.

PS it made me laugh when Seal said the Doctor loathes violence.



Yeah he really does.

The point I am trying to make is that, yes, while there may be certain basic, largely insignificant differences in men and women on a 'biological' level brought about by ancient roles driven towards the survival of the species, there is a level 'above' that if you will which is socially indoctrinated, discursively constructed. The Doctor therefore goes against what, in our society, are deemed masculine traits. Does he go against them by eschewing them altogether? No. He goes against them by placing them into a dialectic with what is constructed as being feminine in this society.

The Doctor isn't remotely feminine? When was he feminine? He had long hair, I suppose, but even then that was meant to be in a more bohemian way like Jim Morrison. You wouldn't say he was gender neutral.

And gender differences are not largely insignificant. Not at all. Again watch Blaire White's video. Her gender played a huge role in her life and personality as it does for us all.

Here, Marcuse suggests that a society could have much to learn from women as they are socially formed. He doesn't here need to speculate as to the biological formation of these traits, just that patriarchal society, formed as it is by what is currently seen as masculinity, has resulted in the society that we have now. Femininity is often associated with empathy, kindness, gentleness, an interest in people (as you say). This does not mean that there are no men like this, nor that men like this are not masculine. This is to speak out against the current constructions of masculinity and femininity in this society.

I don't believe there is a patriarchy in the west. What we have is a society that is too egalitarian for its own good. Everyone is treated equally, but sadly we don't take into account the differences between men and women. In certain situations men are going to have an advantage over women, and in others women are going to have one over men because we're different.

Take for instance the education system. The way its set up now caters more to feminine interests and thus men are falling behind drastically.



Meanwhile its harder for women in medicine, because often they have to take massive time off to have children, and thus can't progress quite as far as their male counterparts. Sadly female Doctors often have to make a choice between having a child and a career.

Females in Medicine: Having Children

Again the reasons for this is because we buy into crap like "there are no differences between men and women" and thus we assume they are always going to function exactly the same in any situation when they won't. Sometimes you are going to need to take the differences into account, like with the education system that shouldn't just be one way.


View user profile

50 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 1:45 pm

@Rob Filth wrote:
@iank wrote:Moffat will live in infamy for this gender-bending crap.
Can anyone (who isn't an idiot) actually take Missy seriously as the Master? I can't. I didn't even mind her as much in series 10, but I still didn't see her as the Master. The whole thing is absurd, and yes, it has been introduced quite blatantly for PC pandering. It's certainly not because it's a good idea.
I wouldn't want Romana coming back as a man, either, because she's a female character.

It's so sad that this crap has infested this show and it may well end up being the death of it.

Have to say, I agree completely with this.

I have never seen Missy as being The Master, even if she was more tolerable during Series 10.(I have always put Missy down to being The Rani pretending to be the Master)

Muppet has turned the show into self-parody with transgender regeneration, and nothing more than an extended version of "The Curse of Fatal Death".

I am expecting this new Doctor announcement to be the final nail in the coffin and yes, I WILL be out when the next Doctor is announced as a woman no matter how talented the actress or great the script writing is.

There's far better shows out there and it's a shame to see an old dog be put down and out of it's misery, but hey, shit happens and you've got to get on with life.

Rob Filth man great to see you back! cheers

Obviously I agree with you both. I remember when Missy was announced and some people actually said that Michelle Gomez channelled Roger Delgado and that they could imagine any Master in her scenes.





Yeah they are definitely believable as the same character LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

Cheer up though at least Dan Dare is making a comeback! Maybe he can take DW's place after it sinks?

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum