You are not connected. Please login or register

New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 14]

126 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:41 pm

@Mike wrote:
Yep, this is all completely accurate - but for me, the formula has changed beyond all recognition in the past twelve years anyway. I've never seen a female Doctor as being some sort of heretical idea. It could work. It could have worked in the old series too.

Perhaps that is an argument for creating a character who reflects our current mores, culture and politics. As I said, it does seem odd that people want to instead radically alter something that's carried on in one form or another for 50+ years. It's like puritans whitewashing over frescoes in old churches. It's not enough for them to win, but they somehow need to 'possess' what they rail against too.

I'm not the type to be 'triggered' or need a 'safe space' - I just think it's a bloody stupid idea, and the culmination of Who being run by people who seem to secretly hate it.

View user profile

127 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:49 pm

Didn't Sydney Newman tout a female Doctor in the 80s?

This isn't a new a idea by any means. It existed way before the new show.

128 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:49 pm

@BobDominelliSudbury wrote:Season 11 introduces a brand new archenemy for the doctor, timelord villain The Mansplainer!

LOL LOL LOL

Now that's funny.

View user profile

129 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:54 pm

@Boofer wrote:Didn't Sydney Newman tout a female Doctor in the 80s?

This isn't a new a idea by any means. It existed way before the new show.

All kinds of crap ideas were floated in the 80s. True, the RTD and Moffat have done their darndest to realise them, but that's no reason to encourage them...

View user profile

130 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:55 pm

@Mike wrote:Yes, classic Who was always about conservatism.

The show has always changed, but suddenly the Doctor has a vagina and you manchildren are crying?

Twunts like iank spend most of their time taking the piss out of people wanting safe spaces and suchlike, yet you're all severely fucking triggered over this.

It's hilarious. Very Happy

Except somethings did remain constant for the most part, otherwise TruWho would not be a thing and a section on this forum.

I'm not bothered I just find all of this funny. Because nothing is going to change. NuWho will continue to be shit.

@Boofer wrote:
@BobDominelliSudbury wrote:Season 11 introduces a brand new archenemy for the doctor, timelord villain The Mansplainer!

LOL LOL LOL

Now that's funny.

The fact that the Doctor will be womansplaing constantly makes me laugh so much.

View user profile

131 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:02 pm

@The Talking Cabbage wrote:It's the Brexit of fandom - monumental hubris combined with a shrill intolerance for any deviation from the party line.

Fantastic simile, I couldn't agree more.

"Disagree with this decision and you're obviously a sexist, misogynist, transphobic Daily Mail reading caveman!"

Never mind the fact that many fangirls are also dismayed by this decision, and to hell with any past conventions of the show or the fact that it doesn't make any damned sense.  

I'm sure the decision will be seen as a success when viewing figures go up by the morons who never watch the show who are titillated by this cheap stunt casting and tune in for the initial curiosity factor, but once they all bail out again after realising it's still the same badly written third rate hack, all it leaves behind is a bitterly divided fandom which is why it is so darn destructive.

Last edited by Rob Filth on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:08 pm; edited 2 times in total

View user profile http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

132 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:05 pm

@Mott1 wrote:Well at least it brought you back to The Hive, Rob! Which is a silver lining to Nu Who's latest cloud...
I wonder what Rani thinks of this?

He's such a twit he probably thinks it's great.

I just wish I could say I was surprised by the decision, but I'm not.

133 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:56 pm

Well I guess this news finally confirms my fan theory that NuWho has always been a parallel universe version of the original franchise rather than a continuation, caused by a splinter regeneration taking place after McGann and causing three parallel-universe 9th Doctors(Eccleston, Rowan Atkinson and Richard E Grant)

I'm beginning to think that the Richard E Grant cartoon is the correct lineage from McGann and the other two parodies now.

134 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:02 pm

@Rob Filth wrote:I'm beginning to think that the Richard E Grant cartoon is the correct lineage from McGann and the other two parodies now.

'Scream of the Shalka' is miles ahead of the shit we got after 2005. No wonder the RTD hated it so.

View user profile

135 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:32 pm

Crying with joy at the announcement of the next Doctor. Bed-wettingly excited.

136 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:51 pm

@Clayton Dickman wrote:Crying with joy at the announcement of the next Doctor. Bed-wettingly excited.

I love your socks, Seal. They are always so predictable LOL

View user profile

137 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:13 pm

View user profile

138 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:14 pm

http://tuckered.co.uk/2017/07/16/barry-from-eastenders-cast-as-next-wonder-woman/

Barry from Eastenders cast as next Wonder Woman

View user profile

139 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:21 pm

What a clusterfuck joke.
I'm struggling to see this as anything other than an utter joke and the end of the program. So it turns out that Chinballs' idea of "bold and radical" was to cut the lead character's balls off... while the rest of the show will no doubt remain the same tired New Who cookie-cutter crap.

I'm trying to see the positive in this, I really am. And maybe if this was classic Who and we were in the hands of some creative genius, I might be able to. But this is New Who and its the man who wrote Cyberwoman.
The show is an international laughing stock today.

View user profile

140 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:24 pm

And not just Cyberwoman but Broadchurch season 2. Try convincing me this is going to be great telly!

View user profile

141 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:42 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
Rawkuss wrote:
Worldstar!!

142 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:45 pm

Well I'm not familiar with the actress so I can't comment on her suitability for the part. I thought Capaldi had promise and look what happened there.

I'm tipping an initial ratings boost as people tune in to see the new female Doctor. How long that lasts will depend on the scripts and the tone that Chibbers sets.

For me, Doctor Who died with CyberBrig, so whatever the motivations behind casting a female Doctor (probably not the right ones) nothing can ever beat "Death in Heaven" as a monumental ass raping of the old show.

At least, I hope that's the case.

View user profile

143 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:48 pm

@iank wrote:...was to cut the lead character's balls off...
Didn't RTD do that about 10 years ago? Laughing

View user profile

144 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:49 pm

@Lacrobat wrote:Well I'm not familiar with the actress so I can't comment on her suitability for the part. I thought Capaldi had promise and look what happened there.

I'm tipping an initial ratings boost as people tune in to see the new female Doctor. How long that lasts will depend on the scripts and the tone that Chibbers sets.

For me, Doctor Who died with CyberBrig, so whatever the motivations behind casting a female Doctor (probably not the right ones) nothing can ever beat "Death in Heaven" as a monumental ass raping of the old show.

I think we're all going to see RTD thicko scripts as high-art and regard him as a modern day Robert Holmes once we see just how fucking dumb Chibnalls juvenile hack is.

I reckon even "Death in Heaven" is gonna seem like an "Ark In Space" or something by comparison.

This is the guy who wrote Torchwoods moronic "Kiss Kiss, Bang Bang" don't forget.

You can kind of guess where he's going with a female Doctor already...

"Curse Of Fatal Death" is gonna look like a fucking gritty dark Robert Holmes/Graeme Harper classic by comparison.

Last edited by Rob Filth on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

145 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:52 pm

Rawkuss wrote:
@Clayton Dickman wrote:Crying with joy at the announcement of the next Doctor. Bed-wettingly excited.

I've changed names a few times, but I've never done sock-puppets.

Not my style. Wink

View user profile

146 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 10:57 pm

I do apologise.

View user profile

147 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:04 pm

@Rob Filth wrote:I reckon even "Death in Heaven" is gonna seem like an "Ark In Space" or something by comparison.
Oh Gawd!

I've not seem much of "Torchwood", certainly not "Cyberwoman" or "Kiss Kiss....". I've seen his NuWho stuff and... oh Christ.... he wrote "Crap CGI on a Spaceship" didn't he?

Bollocks!

View user profile

148 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:06 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
@Lacrobat wrote:Well I'm not familiar with the actress so I can't comment on her suitability for the part. I thought Capaldi had promise and look what happened there.

The Doctor is up there with James Bond when it comes to casting and fans who will complain no matter who gets the part. From the top of my head I don't think I've seen Jodie Whittaker in anything but I'm going to trust they didn't cast her lightly.

People are bringing up Chibnall's previous Who and Torchwood episodes but Moffat already showed how someone can vary in quality when working under other people compared to having full control, and we know Chibnall created a critically acclaimed show when he had control. We'll just have to wait and see how his run turns out.

As I said in the female Doctor thread, I wouldn't have cast a woman but there's so many problems with nuwho that I've put up with that a female Doctor isn't going to make me stop watching. It's tears in rain at this point. Moffat will be gone which is a plus and the show will be changing so I'm curious to see how it turns out.

I hope Jodie is decent in the role and that people don't take it out on her too much.

149 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:15 pm

@Boofer wrote:
Rawkuss wrote:

I've changed names a few times, but I've never done sock-puppets.

Not my style. Wink

Apology accepted, Sweet-cheeks.
Mwah!

150 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:17 pm

geek

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum