New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 5 of 14]

101 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:25 pm

View user profile

102 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:25 pm

Ian Levine on Twitter:
CHRIS CHIBNALL MAKES ME WANNA VOMIT

He has put the final nail into Doctor Who.

Le all out, Ian

RIP

View user profile

103 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:27 pm

@Mike wrote:Of all the shitehouse things new Who has done over the past twelve years, this is the thing that causes you all to go nuclear?

Fuck me. Very Happy

If regeneration was a pot-luck transgender thing, then why have the last 12 incarnations all been men? Does the Doctor keep some loaded dice in his pocket or something?

Come on, we've now gone past the realms of pointless revisionism and entered the domain of pure parody.

View user profile http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

104 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:28 pm

Mike

Dick Tater
@Rick Deckard 2.0 wrote:
@Mike wrote:Of all the shitehouse things new Who has done over the past twelve years, this is the thing that causes you all to go nuclear?

Fuck me. Very Happy

Come off it Mike, this changes everything.

Its first and foremost lazy writing. The BBC can't write a good female role model so they hijack a male one whose been a role model to many boys (including mine back in the day) for the last 50 years.
They can, and have. Smile

View user profile

105 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:30 pm

http://newsthump.com/2017/07/16/fictional-time-travellers-dont-have-vaginas-insist-morons/

View user profile

106 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:31 pm

http://metro.co.uk/2017/07/16/the-new-doctor-who-is-jodie-whittaker-and-its-the-best-news-ever-6783557/

Great! Nepotism, to boot...

Oscar Wilde
View user profile

107 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:31 pm

Mike

Dick Tater
@Rob Filth wrote:

Fuck me. Very Happy

If regeneration was a pot-luck transgender thing, then why have the last 12 incarnations all been men? Does the Doctor keep some loaded dice in his pocket or something?

Come on, we've now gone past the realms of pointless revisionism and entered the domain of pure parody.
Because random selection doesn't imply any sort of diversity; it can still result in a bias.

View user profile

108 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:35 pm

@Mike wrote:
@Rick Deckard 2.0 wrote:

Fuck me. Very Happy

Come off it Mike, this changes everything.

Its first and foremost lazy writing. The BBC can't write a good female role model so they hijack a male one whose been a role model to many boys (including mine back in the day) for the last 50 years.
They can, and have. Smile

Ok, I asked for that one.

Honestly though I can't see how this is meant to do anything beyond divide fans.

109 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:37 pm

So Jodie Whittaker is The Doctor. I wonder if the new Doctor will wear a kinky St Trinians 6th form outfit.

View user profile

110 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:38 pm

@Mike wrote:
@Rob Filth wrote:

Fuck me. Very Happy

Because random selection doesn't imply any sort of diversity; it can still result in a bias.

Come on, with binary sexes, you know as well as I do that due to the law of averages that had transgender regeneration been an original concept that The Doctor would've been a woman long before now as indeed some of the future projected incarnations of Romanas, at least one of them would've been a man.

This isn't even revisionism of the type the last 4 years of NuWho has been obsessed with, it's nothing more than ludicrous parody to tililate wankers who never watch the show.

View user profile http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

111 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:46 pm

Mike

Dick Tater
@Rob Filth wrote:
@Mike wrote:
@Rob Filth wrote:

Fuck me. Very Happy

Come on, with binary sexes, you know as well as I do that due to the law of averages that had transgender regeneration been an original concept that The Doctor would've been a woman long before now as indeed some of the future projected incarnations of Romanas, at least one of them would've been a man.

This isn't even revisionism of the type the last 4 years of NuWho has been obsessed with, it's nothing more than ludicrous parody to tililate wankers who never watch the show.
Even if that's the case, Doctor Who depends on change, and renewal, and it's always been about experimentation.

I don't understand why none of you are willing to give this a chance.

View user profile

112 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:47 pm

Well at least it brought you back to The Hive, Rob! Which is a silver lining to Nu Who's latest cloud...

Oscar Wilde
View user profile

113 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:49 pm

Pauline Quirk is being tipped to play the Master

https://twitter.com/TheCyberdevil/status/886642481160499201

View user profile

114 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:54 pm

TruWho, NuWho, FemWho?

115 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:05 pm

Why people are not giving chances? Screwing with 50 years of how things have been all of a sudden does not make people receptive to change.

People here should know that better than anyone.

View user profile

116 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:09 pm

Maybe I'd be more willing to give it a chance if the first female doctor wasn't written by the same man who thought this was a good idea:

117 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:18 pm

That was a great idea.

I laughed for days.

View user profile

118 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:20 pm

Mike

Dick Tater
@Raku wrote:Why people are not giving chances? Screwing with 50 years of how things have been all of a sudden does not make people receptive to change.

People here should know that better than anyone.
Yes, classic Who was always about conservatism.

The show has always changed, but suddenly the Doctor has a vagina and you manchildren are crying?

Twunts like iank spend most of their time taking the piss out of people wanting safe spaces and suchlike, yet you're all severely fucking triggered over this.

It's hilarious. Very Happy

View user profile

119 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:22 pm

The real problem is that Who has a working formula, and it's just been buggered up. Of course, the whole point of Nu Who seemed to be iconoclasm for iconoclasm's sake. It's all very oedipal - all these fanboys getting their hands on Who, killing it with crap, undermining the Doctor as a character and then finally turning him into a woman.

And naturally, this provides an ideal bandwagon for renta-gobs to jump on to proclaim their 'progressive politics', even as TV continues to be dominated by posh white blokes who went to Oxbridge. It's the Brexit of fandom - monumental hubris combined with a shrill intolerance for any deviation from the party line.

View user profile

120 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:29 pm

View user profile

121 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:31 pm

Mike

Dick Tater
@The Talking Cabbage wrote:The real problem is that Who has a working formula, and it's just been buggered up. Of course, the whole point of Nu Who seemed to be iconoclasm for iconoclasm's sake. It's all very oedipal - all these fanboys getting their hands on Who, killing it with crap, undermining the Doctor as a character and then finally turning him into a woman.

And naturally, this provides an ideal bandwagon for renta-gobs to jump on to proclaim their 'progressive politics', even as TV continues to be dominated by posh white blokes who went to Oxbridge. It's the Brexit of fandom - monumental hubris combined with a shrill intolerance for any deviation from the party line.
Yep, this is all completely accurate - but for me, the formula has changed beyond all recognition in the past twelve years anyway. I've never seen a female Doctor as being some sort of heretical idea. It could work. It could have worked in the old series too.

View user profile

122 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:34 pm

@Boofer wrote:

Fappage.

View user profile

123 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:35 pm

@Rick Deckard 2.0 wrote:Maybe I'd be more willing to give it a chance if the first female doctor wasn't written by the same man who thought this was a good idea:

One has to wonder why the likes of Chibnall, Moffat and RTD are such good choices to run a sci fi TV show when they've spent most of their 'proper' careers doing 'proper' telly and writing material for the genre which seems to drip such utter contempt for it.

View user profile

124 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:37 pm

Jodie Whitaker's first interview already: https://blogtorwho.com/jodie-whittakers-first-interview-announcement-13th-doctor/

View user profile

125 Re: New Doctor To Be Announced This Sunday on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:38 pm

Season 11 introduces a brand new archenemy for the doctor, timelord villain The Mansplainer!

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 14]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9 ... 14  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum