You are not connected. Please login or register

New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 11]

201New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Tue 28 May 2019, 4:35 pm

Zarius

Zarius
Looks like Christel Dee is putting the show behind her (also posted this in the series 12 thread, but figured it was worth noting here because she contributes to the magazine)

https://twitter.com/ChristelDee/status/1133382050969473024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fgallifreybase.com%2Fgb%2Fthreads%2Fthe-gallifrey-base-water-cooler-thread-s-s-general-part-2.260018%2Fpage-281

202New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Tue 28 May 2019, 5:12 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Hmm... she always grated on my nerves.

203New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Tue 28 May 2019, 8:05 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker

Cute cover.

204New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Tue 28 May 2019, 8:56 pm

Cunnus Maximus

Cunnus Maximus
She looks like she's having her bumhole licked for the first time.

205New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Tue 28 May 2019, 9:03 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
Might just buy it to spunk on the cover.

206New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Tue 28 May 2019, 9:05 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Commander Maxil wrote:Might just buy it to spunk on the cover.

To be fair, it looks like she's bracing herself....

207New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Tue 28 May 2019, 10:42 pm

iank

iank
@Zarius wrote:Looks like Christel Dee is putting the show behind her (also posted this in the series 12 thread, but figured it was worth noting here because she contributes to the magazine)

https://twitter.com/ChristelDee/status/1133382050969473024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fgallifreybase.com%2Fgb%2Fthreads%2Fthe-gallifrey-base-water-cooler-thread-s-s-general-part-2.260018%2Fpage-281

Typical. Hijacks the show with her Agenda Bullshit, then fucks off once the damage is irreversible.

208New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Tue 28 May 2019, 11:25 pm

UncleDeadly

UncleDeadly
"Successfully launching"???

"Record Breaking"???

Well, she may have done absolutely nothing but at least she's learned from the experience; the invaluable NuWho skill of taking unearned credit and patting oneself on the back for it.

209New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Wed 29 May 2019, 12:24 am

burrunjor

burrunjor
@Zarius wrote:Looks like Christel Dee is putting the show behind her (also posted this in the series 12 thread, but figured it was worth noting here because she contributes to the magazine)

This makes me so fucking angry. It just further goes to show that everything I've been saying since 2013 about these utter contemptible fake fans is true.

They do not care about DW in the slightest. They were A/ utter chancers who wanted to use it to further their careers. B/ Spiteful anti men bigots who just wanted to take a role away from men. C/ they were the ones who were more or less running the show from behind the scenes with both Chris Chibnall and Steven Moffat bending over backwards for them.

She actually destroyed the show and is now fucking off? I wonder what franchise she plans on destroying next? Batman, Superman, Spider-Man? Actually no, none of their fandoms will be so spineless.

To think there will be people on Gallifrey Base applauding her. Doctor Who has the most spineless excuse for a fandom I've ever seen. They actually let these chancers walk all over the show and character? Who fandom deserves another cancellation and long hiatus to really hammer home how ill founded this SJW crap and "Doctor Who is all about change" way of thinking are. The fitzroy cucks need purged from the franchise too.

210New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Wed 29 May 2019, 1:19 am

Cunnus Maximus

Cunnus Maximus
New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Glass-10

211New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Wed 29 May 2019, 11:45 am

burrunjor

burrunjor
Boofer wrote:New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Glass-10

I thought that was a picture of Jodie's new sonic screwdriver. I'm not joking. LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

212New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Wed 29 May 2019, 1:26 pm

Cunnus Maximus

Cunnus Maximus
Nah, it's just a crystal d. Big Grin

213New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Fri 31 May 2019, 1:14 pm

Zarius

Zarius
DWM promised some exclusives, but it was a big nothing burger.  There was nothing about The Judoon
and Chibnall's production notes was just him gushing about Jodie. The time team were at it again, slagging off Web Planet for being too slow, praising Full Circle because it went by faster (and one of them didn't know who Tom was), and then watching the ghastly Caretaker episode...oh and Chrystal was on the panel reminding us she hates 60s Doctor Who.

214New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Fri 31 May 2019, 4:00 pm

ClockworkOcean

ClockworkOcean
Dick Tater
@Zarius wrote:one of them didn't know who Tom was
New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Wtf10
@Zarius wrote:oh and Chrystal was on the panel reminding us she hates 60s Doctor Who.

So for the past four years, Moffat and Chibnall have been basing all of their creative decisions on the instructions of someone who openly despises the very foundations of the show. Could these scummy, treacherous reprobates sink any lower?

215New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Fri 31 May 2019, 11:13 pm

Cunnus Maximus

Cunnus Maximus
@Zarius wrote:DWM promised some exclusives, but it was a big nothing burger.  There was nothing about The Judoon
and Chibnall's production notes was just him gushing about Jodie. The time team were at it again, slagging off Web Planet for being too slow, praising Full Circle because it went by faster (and one of them didn't know who Tom was), and then watching the ghastly Caretaker episode...oh and Chrystal was on the panel reminding us she hates 60s Doctor Who.

You still buy this, you bloody enabler.

216New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 8:46 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
@Zarius wrote:Chrystal was on the panel reminding us she hates 60s Doctor Who.

Why? Has she completely lost it?

217New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 9:19 am

iank

iank
She's a vile dumbass. Hence she rises to the top with the other effluent.

218New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Mon 03 Jun 2019, 9:51 am

burrunjor

burrunjor
Not knowing who Tom Baker is when you work for DWM is fucking laughable its almost to the point of parody.

Its like hiring a writer for Batman who asks whose that weird clown guy?

I still say the people we should be angry at the most are the enablers. The Gary Russell's, the Nicholas Briggs, the Steven Moffat's, the Samuel Davis, (who hilariously did a video accusing me of hating all women in strong roles BTW. I asked him where his reviews of female led series were like Xena, Buffy, Charmed, Once Upon A Time were as they seemed to be absent from his channel. He hasn't got back to me. It almost seems like he's the one who knows fuck all about female heroes and is overcompensating?)

These guys weren't even ideological. They weren't even shills like Trilbee. They were just spineless self loathing fanboys. They wanted to run with what they thought were the cool kids and were so stupid they thought a divisive, middle class ideology represented all left wing politics and all women; so they helped to give away a show they claimed to love, and in some cases had made their careers.

When the show returns again we need to make sure these people have 0 influence on ANYTHING DW related.

219New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Wed 12 Jun 2019, 10:16 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
@Zarius wrote:one of them didn't know who Tom was

Come on, which one was it?

220New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Sat 22 Jun 2019, 2:01 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor
Anyone know how DW magazine is doing these days in terms of sales?

I checked out some of the time teams twitter pages and they don't even seem to ever mention working for DWM anymore or promote new issues which is really quite odd. Its almost like they want to distance themselves from it?

I did find this gem from Claudia Boleyn. I hate posting this as I don't want to encourage people to gang up on anyone online or just ridicule people for what they say on twitter. Still this to me sums up why the show lost its way.

She retweets that having a rival is homoerotic. LOL LOL LOL

https://twitter.com/meanIesbian/status/1142055924384882689

When people like her became the target audience is it any wonder the Master/Doctor relationship turned into the embarassing slashfest that it was? I'm just glad they never brought back Magnus Greel. One can only imagine what fun they would have had with that.

PS if Hitler and Winston Churchill were fictional characters then the likes of Claudia Boleyn, Paul Cornell, Whovian Feminism and Steven Moffat would be insisting that there was a gay subtext there. LOL

221New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Sat 22 Jun 2019, 2:32 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
It always sucks when the pretty ones go bad. Sad

222New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Sat 22 Jun 2019, 7:04 pm

Richayard

@burrunjor wrote:Anyone know how DW magazine is doing these days in terms of sales?

ABC reckon around 20K an issue

https://www.abc.org.uk/product/16476

223New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Sat 22 Jun 2019, 8:09 pm

stengos

stengos
@Richayard wrote:
@burrunjor wrote:Anyone know how DW magazine is doing these days in terms of sales?

ABC reckon around 20K an issue

https://www.abc.org.uk/product/16476

I think that is falling then. Looking at the PressGazette website the equivalent figures at earlier points in time were ...

2016, July to December:    22,523
2017, April to June:           21,913

PressGazette sources it's raw data from ABC.

So despite all the fuss and hyperbole that surrounded Jodie when she launched in the Autumn of last year the circulation for the shows main magazine tie in is on a steady decline. Granted the rot set in before she took over the lead role in the tv programme, but she, Chinballs and the radical redirection the programme has taken since they got on board have done nothing to help reverse it.

I may of-course be misunderstanding what i am reading. I am not used to interpreting circulation figures.

Links to the two articles i am referring to:

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/uk-magazine-abcs-winners-losers-and-full-breakdown-as-circulation-declines-average-6-per-cent/

https://www.pressgazette.co.uk/magazine-abcs-full-breakdown-of-uk-magazine-sales-figures-for-first-half-2017/

Out of interest does anyone know how season 11 DVD sales are doing?

224New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Sat 22 Jun 2019, 10:01 pm

Cunnus Maximus

Cunnus Maximus

225New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine - Page 9 Empty Re: New [old] Editor For Doctor Who Magazine on Sat 22 Jun 2019, 10:22 pm

Cunnus Maximus

Cunnus Maximus
Series 11 entered the top 100 DVD chart at no.10 on 20th January.

By 27th of January, it was no.90.

By 3rd of February it was nowhere to be seen.

To be fair to series 11, series 10 entered the chart at 80 and dropped out the following week.

Series 11 is in the the top 100 US DVDs for the year so far at no.93, having sold 34,666 units, netting $1.2m. It'll probably slip out though, given that you'd have needed to have shifted 150k units to crack the top 100 the previous year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum