DeadManRising
Farticus
Mike
25 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Zarius

Zarius

After ten years in the job, Tom Spilsbury is stepping down as editor, his final issue this month's issue 515, and his replacement is Marcus Hearn, who previously co edited the magazine in the nineties, and who currently edits the special edition and Essential Doctor Who tie in magazines.

https://doctorwhomagazine.com/a-change-of-editor-for-dwm/

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

Thank god that pink haird fool is gone. Did you ever see him on BBC news? My God. He utterly ruined the magazine and filled it with rimmers of RTD and Moffat.Utterly void of any real criticism of the show. I think its actually high time they just kill the bloody thing.

Mike

Mike

Genkimonk wrote:Thank god that pink haird fool is gone. Did you ever see him on BBC news? My God. He utterly ruined the magazine and filled it with rimmers of RTD and Moffat.Utterly void of any real criticism of the show. I think its actually high time they just kill the bloody thing.

Not sure that's Spilsbury you're thinking of.

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Genkimonk wrote:Thank god that pink haird fool is gone. Did you ever see him on BBC news? My God. He utterly ruined the magazine and filled it with rimmers of RTD and Moffat.Utterly void of any real criticism of the show. I think its actually high time they just kill the bloody thing.

I doubt that will change. I really can't see the magazine biting the hand that feeds them, they do the same with BF.

Zarius

Zarius

I skimmed over a few issues a while ago. They said Angels Take Manhattan made more romantic sense than actual sense and they also were quite scathing of In The Forest of the Shite.

They can on occasion allow their standards to rise Surprised

iank

iank

I'm pretty sure that "pink haired fool" was DWM writer Ben Cook, not Tom Spilsbury. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Boofer

Boofer

Ben Cock is a major cock.

Clayton Dickman

Clayton Dickman

iank wrote:I'm pretty sure that "pink haired fool" was DWM writer Ben Cook, not Tom Spilsbury. Wink

Can't be meeee then.
Now if you said "pink headed tool"...

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

There's a new DWM out this Thursday! Issue 523 includes exclusive interviews with new executive producer Matt Strevens and Missy herself, Michelle Gomez. Plus Out of the TARDIS returns with Dan 'Strax' Starkey!

https://twitter.com/DWMtweets/status/970583665817382912

Zarius

Zarius

Looks like the DWM strip has an interesting final arc for Capaldi planned...they've even brought back the lesbo who merged with Shade

Zarius

Zarius

Let's take a look at the new Time Team shall we?

https://thetimeladies.com/2018/05/01/meet-the-time-team/

Ugh, a lot of Nu Who fanboy youtube celebrities..oh, and they've also gone and hired mentally disturbed Claudia Boleyn

Boofer

Boofer

Just who the fuck are the Time Team? And why the fuck do they all look like the sort of jump-cutting, fast-talking twats who appear at the top of every Youtube 'Trending' list?

Not a single one who'll give a fuck about the old series cannon.

Zarius

Zarius

Boofer wrote:Just who the fuck are the Time Team? And why the fuck do they all look like the sort of jump-cutting, fast-talking twats who appear at the top of every Youtube 'Trending' list?

..Because they mostly all are. Claudia, her brother and Crystal are all big YT celebrities in Whovian circles..Claudia actually hates the Moffat era and labeled Matt Smith a sex pest, so I'm surprised she's been hired. She also suffers from mental illness.

Farticus

Remember the words of The Watcher

"Worldwide and Panini are c***s."

Beth, Kezia, Christel and Claudia are all super entitled rich girls who know DWM and they all meet at The Quiz of Rasillon.

This Time Team will never criticise Feminist Who the Teenage Witch.

They are now propaganda.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Zarius wrote:Let's take a look at the new Time Team shall we?

https://thetimeladies.com/2018/05/01/meet-the-time-team/

Ugh, a lot of Nu Who fanboy youtube celebrities.

Oh dear god! I told you all aspects of DW have been taken over by the SJWs. The show, the character, the conventions, the audios, now the magazine.

Its hilarious when you look at the way they try and promote these people too.

Why is the most important thing which female characters they like?

Also its funny how they almost all mentioned new who companions as their favourite (and even then it was almost all Rose and Martha.)

Beth’s enthusiasm for Doctor Who is infectious, and her love for the show simply radiates from her! Fresh to classic Doctor Who, she brings new perspective and insight into aspects you may never have considered before. Particularly passionate about the representation of female characters, she has a great eye for interesting discussion points within the Time Team gang which we can’t wait for you to read. Constantly on the go with new ideas, projects and campaigns, her creativity as one half of The Time Ladies knows no bounds!

LOL fresh to Classic Who that says it all.

Then there is this.

Actor, singer and student, Dan exudes talent just like his sister Claudia! He has a massive passion for Doctor Who and Marvel, and his loveable character will make him a Time Team favourite. His favourite female Who character is Sarah Jane Smith.

‘Especially her Sarah Jane Adventures era. She taught an entire generation that an action hero can be any gender, any age and that you can still save the day and be a darn cool person without using weapons or violence!’

LOL again apparently Sarah (in the SJA adventures of course) was the first time we saw a hero be any gender? I guess he can't be that big a Marvel fan if he's not even familiar with Jean Grey, She Hulk, Susan Storm, Storm, Rachel Van Helsing, Kitty Pryde, the Wasp, Rogue, etc. Why is it all of these people who desperately want to see female heroes NEVER watch tv shows with female leads?

I have spoken to Claudia a few times and she is a nice person, so I'm not going to call her names or anything like that, but she is obviously only there for political reasons.

She has done nothing but trash the show for the past 5 years. And its in pretty severe ways too. She's accused it of promoting rape! See here.

Eleven Sexually Assaults Jenny

What's going to happen if they have her review this story as part of their time team?

It just goes to show you that they actually care about virtue signalling more than in promoting the show they represent LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

burrunjor

burrunjor

PS Claudia's main choice for the role of the Doctor was Angel Coulby. That alone kind of killed her credibility as a Who fan to me.

I mean how could anyone who claims to know the character of the Doctor actually say Angel Coulby is their dream choice for the character. Either she is lying and doesn't care about someone who is right for the role being cast, just in imposing her own agenda on the show. Or she has been so deluded by her agenda that she can no longer look at it in objective way (kinda like the people who say Missy wasn't shit, never mind say she channelled Delgado.)

Last edited by burrunjor on 3rd May 2018, 10:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Farticus

Listen to Beth and Kezia's podcast if you dare.

It's embarrassing stuff.

The Time Ladies on SoundCloud

burrunjor

burrunjor

Farticus wrote:Listen to Beth and Kezia's podcast if you dare.

It's embarrassing stuff.

The Time Ladies on SoundCloud

I've read Whovian Feminisms blog. I think I've suffered enough in seeing what SJW "fans" think of DW.

Its hilarious how much the show has been taken over. I remember when I first came her and I said that a lot of people weren't so sure as understandably, there was still some refuge for fans like the odd good episode on tv, and Big Finish.

Now is there any square inch of the show that's not been taken over by these people?

iank

iank

Oh, that is just pathetic.

The mind boggles, it really and honestly does. LOL

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Boofer

Boofer

Not sure if I find it hilarious or deeply depressing.

Maybe it's time to give these people the victory they've been hankering for and archive all the good stuff until the socio-political climate reverts back to normality?

I just don't see any way of fighting back against the current postmodern, demographic-obsessed invasion of culture by the far left, especially when it's supported by a pyramid of university ideologues, media institutions and most of our elected representatives.

We are stuck in an iron cage of abstraction and relativism from which there is seemingly no escape.

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Wasn't there a rumour that the BBC wanted a female editor? I had heard they are more micromanaging and protective of the brand than ever these days. This and the recent JW casting seem to show a definite policy of trying to be progressive in the most nauseatingly insincere manner imaginable.

The Time Team are composed of the most superficial DW fans imaginable. And the BBC are just as adept at mismanaging the show as ever. But when was that ever any different?

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Boofer wrote:Not sure if I find it hilarious or deeply depressing.

Maybe it's time to give these people the victory they've been hankering for and archive all the good stuff until the socio-political climate reverts back to normality?

I just don't see any way of fighting back against the current postmodern, demographic-obsessed invasion of culture by the far left, especially when it's supported by a pyramid of university ideologues, media institutions and most of our elected representatives.

We are stuck in an iron cage of abstraction and relativism from which there is seemingly no escape.

What is your dislike of Postmodernism exactly? I am uncertain as to whether TV has morphed into a totally Postmodern format and will never return to anything like it was.

Boofer

Boofer

Mr. Happy wrote:What is your dislike of Postmodernism exactly? I am uncertain as to whether TV has morphed into a totally Postmodern format and will never return to anything like it was.

Spurious relativism leading to uncritical acceptance of dangerous and frivolous ideas, supercilious abstractionism predicated on mere pretentiousness than any actual purpose,and overuse of intertextual writing tropes and devices to the point where 'texts' feel more like collages of old ideas wrapped in sugar-coated pc narratives than original works.

Also, I wouldn't say it's taken over TV in absolute terms, but its metastasising at a rapid rate. Look at the changes in NuWho over the last 10 years or so.

burrunjor

burrunjor

And the BBC are just as adept at mismanaging the show as ever. But when was that ever any different?

I don't think the BBC was ever as bad at just being incompetent as this in regards to DW in the past. Don't get me wrong I'm not hankering for the good old days of the Beeb LOL. Its always been a stain on Britain lets be honest.

From its history of ironically sacrificing young girls for the sake of the perverts it holds dear, to its act of public vandalism in destroying the lives work of many of our most talented actors, writers and comedians like Peter Cook, to unprofessional cunts running it like Grade who cancel shows that they personally don't like even when they are popular with, and paid for by the viewers. The Beeb's history despite the great shows its produced is disgraceful.

Still in terms of incompetence with a brand I don't think I've ever seen anything quite like this. They had a demonstrable example of this SJW crap failing over the past 3 years.

Hmm lets see Missy, outside of an SJW circle was a complete disaster both critically and commercially. And even among that SJW circle TBH their opinions couldn't be trusted, as even they clearly didn't actually believe what they were saying about Missy.

They came out with things like "Missy is more like Roger Delgado than any other Master". I mean seriously here? That alone should prove that they were divorced from reality and were going to say she was brilliant no matter what. Missy could have pulled down Capaldi's trousers and sucked him off and these cretins would still say she was closer to the original Classic era Master than any other version, and only sexists couldn't see that.

Then there was the widespread loathing of Clara due to her taking over the show and slapping the Doctor and going on about toxic masculinity, the widespread mocking of Bill having to go on about "hey I'M A LESBIAN" every two minutes, people doing dozens of youtube videos that got hundreds of thousands of hits mocking the show for its PC pandering, the ratings sinking to the lowest they have ever been in 50 plus years, and the total and complete failure of Class, the SJW spin off (even Big Finish aren't bothering with Class, what does that tell you.)

Even with all of that they not only still went ahead with a female Doctor, but crowbarred this shit into every single square inch of the franchise, like Big Finish, the magazine etc, and from the looks of things the next season is all going to be historicals about how hard it was for women and black people in the past, and how white men have always been evil.  

At least in the late 80s they actually WANTED to kill it.

burrunjor

burrunjor

Found this comment on the latest Bowlestrek video (check out his channel BTW its great. So glad to see a high profile fan who isn't a self loathing "sorry I'm white, sorry I'm male" like Mr Tardis or a shill for the Beeb)

Erikjust - Oh, I've been attacked, bullied, hounded, and cyber-mobbed by these pricks who are passing themselves off for Doctor Who fans these days! I actually WORKED for PBS here in America back in the 1980's promoting the show before the BBC pulled the rug out from under us. The show was doing well in reruns here in the states and everyone loved the show. I worked with actors, writers, directors, sfx crew, and show-runners from Doctor Who. It was a great time getting to know the people I'd watched on TV for so many years! It was very surreal!

At NO time was the idea of changing the Doctor into a woman ever mentioned or even whispered! The female fans loved the Doctor and were VERY satisfied with characters like the various companions, Romana, and even The Rani. They felt very well represented and didn't care about virtue signalling or other such nonsense! Everyone had a part to play and we all enjoyed it - those behind the camera and in front of it! I never heard any complaining about unfair treatment. Colin Baker knew he had to portray his Doctor as a prick because that was his character. It was in the script and people left it there.

This new toxic breed of fan is just appalling! I couldn't be more disgusted with them. They're rude, disrespectful, arrogant, and abrasive! It's THEIR way or the highway! What a load of crap! Doctor Who was NEVER about this kind of nonsense. The fans didn't treat each other like this. We all loved the show and no one felt under-represented because it wasn't even a thought! The only thing we focused on was the amazing set of adventures we would have in the big blue box! Seeing nasty people like this take over the show I dearly loved and put my heart and soul into is heartbreaking. I made friends with the people from the show. I'd had conversations with Colin Baker and Peter Davison back then. I know how much they love the show. But, I know how the BBC works. If they DARE speak out against the female Doctor or the current direction of the show, they will be blacklisted and their royalty/pension checks will be stopped. They rely on that money to live. So, they say things in support to appear to be accepting. Anything else would be a threat to their livelihood.

The BBC isn't a FRIEND to these SJW types. They are getting a lot of press over their controversial decisions and they can act every bit the rogues. It's all a farce. Controversy brings attention, which brings curiosity, which brings eyeballs - in their view. But, it's backfiring on them. They misjudge Doctor Who and it's fandom. Like the Star Trek and Star Wars fans, they will let it be WELL known if their show is being screwed with. The show BELONGS to the long-time fans who stuck with the show through thick and thin. It is THEIR money that bought the memorabilia, paid admission to conventions, and bought the DVDs. So, the BBC has a responsibility to THEM. The problem is that the BBC has it backwards. It will crumble on them. Just you watch.

More than half the fandom was alienated even before the Christmas Special aired. You can see it on Bowlestrek's ratings video. over 5 MILLION viewers haven't watched the last 3 seasons. They DO NOT like the direction the show is going. They DO NOT like that Peter Capaldi's Doctor was written in as a buffoon who had to have his companions save him and figure things out. That is their HERO: The Doctor. He's not an idiot and they won't stand for him being portrayed that way. I give the show a season/series or 2 more before either Whittaker leaves (along with Chibnall), or the show is put back on hiatus indefinitely.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 13]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum