You are not connected. Please login or register

Old for New

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Old for New Empty Old for New 11th July 2017, 11:50 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

I am shamelessly nicking this thread idea from Planet Mondas Forum, but what Classic Series stories would you like to see New Who attempt?

They could only liven up Planet of Giants and could hardly make Delta and the Bannermen worse.

The Web Planet, it would be nice to see the new series take on a whole serial set on a strange alien planet. It would probably be condensed down to 45 mins but never mind.

2Old for New Empty Re: Old for New 11th July 2017, 11:58 pm

iank

iank

I'd rather they make something original. Razz

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Old for New Empty Re: Old for New 12th July 2017, 12:01 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Like Hell Bent or Dark Water?

4Old for New Empty Re: Old for New 12th July 2017, 12:16 am

iank

iank

If those are the only options, I vote for cancellation.

5Old for New Empty Re: Old for New 12th July 2017, 2:07 pm

Mr Seta

Mr Seta

In terms of bringing something back from the classic series, I would love to see a Celestial Toymaker story. Something along the lines of Divided Loyalties where the Doctor is forced way out of his comfort zone and manipulated into doing something horrible.

And maybe something with Fenric.

But yeah. Something original would be preferred.

6Old for New Empty Re: Old for New 13th July 2017, 12:20 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Well, I think we would all like something original but that really isn't particpating in the spirit of the thread.

Here is the original idea from PMF cos I obviously haven't explained this right:

Has anyone considered how a 'Classic' era story would fare if it was adapted for the 'NuWho'?

For instance, I feel 'The Green Death', with a bigger budget and the special effects technology of today would make a rather good 2 part 'NuWho' story.

There's a lot going on it. It has 'green' issues, a scary monster in the maggots/giant fly thingy they grow into and it has a romance blooming in it....

Likewise Black Orchid would make a spiffing 1 parter. It has an emotional core to it and a tragic protagonist.

And with Downton Abbey fever, it would go down well with that fanbase.

When I say adapted, I mean made with modern camera techniques/editing etc.

Not just a blatant remake with more money....

7Old for New Empty Re: Old for New 13th July 2017, 12:40 am

Boofer

Boofer

Earthshock.

A high budget Earthshock with Mondasian Cybermen, a proper captain and - an obvious bonus -
we get to see Adric die again.

8Old for New Empty Re: Old for New 13th July 2017, 1:09 am

iank

iank

I've never understood the whining about Beryl Reid. She's not supposed to be a military commander, she's basically a glorified trucker. She's also wickedly hilarious in the part.

9Old for New Empty Re: Old for New 14th July 2017, 10:07 am

Mr Seta

Mr Seta

Rawkuss wrote:

Has anyone considered how a 'Classic' era story would fare if it was adapted for the 'NuWho'?

For instance, I feel 'The Green Death', with a bigger budget and the special effects technology of today would make a rather good 2 part 'NuWho' story.

There's a lot going on it. It has 'green' issues, a scary monster in the maggots/giant fly thingy they grow into and it has a romance blooming in it....

Likewise Black Orchid would make a spiffing 1 parter. It has an emotional core to it and a tragic protagonist.

And with Downton Abbey fever, it would go down well with that fanbase.

When I say adapted, I mean made with modern camera techniques/editing etc.

Not just a blatant remake with more money....

Now that you mention it... Black Orchid would actually make a good story if approached the same way as something like Downton.

10Old for New Empty Re: Old for New 14th July 2017, 10:31 pm

Boofer

Boofer

iank wrote:I've never understood the whining about Beryl Reid. She's not supposed to be a military commander, she's basically a glorified trucker. She's also wickedly hilarious in the part.

She's rather quaint and lovable, but in this version it would have been an army freighter transporting high energy weapons. One of which would be beamed down for the cave bomb plot.

Think I might call him B'stard.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum