You are not connected. Please login or register

Dangling plot threads from the Moffat era

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

burrunjor

burrunjor

I was just thinking the other day Moffat has left a lot story arcs unresolved at the end of his era which are unlikely to be picked up by Chibnall.

You'd have thought rather than bother with the stupid Monk trilogy he'd have tried to wrap up at least some of these story lines.

1/ The Zygons: Yeah okay big shock I want to see more of Ingrid Oliver on my tv, but still this is a pretty big thing to leave hanging. There are 20 million Zygons still on earth. Then there is Bonnie, and whether or not it is the real Osgood that's still alive etc. Are they going to just completely forget about that? For all we know the Doctors next companion could actually be a Zygon in disguise. Also what if there is another invasion of earth, wouldn't the Zygons want to defend it too? Come to think of it where were they during the Monk invasion of earth?

2/ Rassilon: Where did he go when the Doctor booted him off of Gallifrey?

3/ Gallifrey: How did Gallifrey return from where the Doctors sent it?

4/ The Minister of War: Remember the cute Scottish fangirl from the Ghost two parter whose from the future mentioned this. She said it was as big a thing for the Doctor as the Harold Saxon Master, but the Doctor didn't want to know about his future. Seems like we'll never know what it is now.

5/ Rusty: The Dalek who hates Daleks who left with the rest of his kind to try and bring about their end from within. Where is he? Did they find out that one of their own was trying to destroy them? If not again that's quite a big thing to just leave hanging IMO.

iank

iank

Did we ever find out what happened to Madam Kovarian? I've a feeling it may have been mentioned in Time of the Doctor, but I've tried to block that shitfest out. Still grates my cheese that Amy's (well deserved) revenge on her in TWORS didn't actually happen and she basically got away with what she'd done. The motivation for her and her cronies for hating the Doctor so much never seemed to be explained or amount to much either...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:Did we ever find out what happened to Madam Kovarian? I've a feeling it may have been mentioned in Time of the Doctor, but I've tried to block that shitfest out. Still grates my cheese that Amy's (well deserved) revenge on her in TWORS didn't actually happen and she basically got away with what she'd done. The motivation for her and her cronies for hating the Doctor so much never seemed to be explained or amount to much either...

No we never did find out what happened to her. Even though I hated her character I was very annoyed at that too.

In Time of the Doctor its said that the Silence were a group of priests who did their best to protect Trenzalore from the Daleks. However one group broke away and went back in time to kill the Doctor before he could ever get there, and thus prevent the war from happening. This sect were the Kovarian sect as seen in season 6.

Other than that she's presumably still out there. Though according to Moffat Kovarian was married to Tasha Lem.

iank

iank

Such made-up-as-he-went-along convoluted bollocks.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Zarius

Zarius

Rassilon's fate post Hell Bent was covered in the comics I think...he came back partially converted and invaded Gallifrey with Cybermen. I cared little about the story to really see what happened next. Comics are of dubious canocity anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum