You are not connected. Please login or register

Series 10

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 12]

76 Re: Series 10 on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:29 am

iank wrote:What top writers would want to work on it, though, these days?

I am sure Ben Elton must be free

LOL

View user profile

77 Re: Series 10 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:36 am

Pearl Mackie will not be carrying on into series 11, it has been revealed.
I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this.

View user profile

78 Re: Series 10 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:26 pm

iank wrote:Pearl Mackie will not be carrying on into series 11, it has been revealed.
I don't know why anyone would be surprised by this.

I heard she's retiring from acting after tripping over her own facial features.

View user profile

79 Re: Series 10 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:46 pm

New trailer teases the regeneration

https://twitter.com/ArchangelNews/status/848857501802082304

And Missy does that weird trendy dance pose I don't know the name of because I'm an out-of-touch cave dweller on Androzani

View user profile

80 Re: Series 10 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:14 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
The Dab?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dab_(dance)

View user profile http://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

81 Re: Series 10 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:29 pm

Well if the bit at the end happens in the first episode and the rest of the series is a flashback to how that happened then ta daa! R.I.P. any tension or drama this series.
(It's also why I hate stories written in first person, whatever troubles happen in the story the narrator is in some sort of position to recount what happens. You've no idea how much "The Pit And The Pendulum" pissed me off!)

I now return you to the Series 10 thread!

View user profile

82 Re: Series 10 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 3:42 pm

Pearl’s sudden departure is reportedly down to show bosses wanting to orchestrate a big shake-up once Peter Capaldi leaves his post as the Time Lord this December.
I hope it's not just a case of letting Chibbers choose his own companion as well as his own Doctor.

So much spin and BS around NuWho it's hard to take claims of a "big shake up" seriously.

View user profile

83 Re: Series 10 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:02 pm

I not sure how you'd expect that much different from Chinball.

Most of his contributions have been truly shocking/messy.

View user profile

84 Re: Series 10 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:22 pm

Cunt wrote:I not sure how you'd expect that much different from Chinball.

Most of his contributions have been truly shocking/messy.

Most of Moffat's contributions pre-showrunner were the best episodes of New Who. Wink

View user profile

85 Re: Series 10 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:17 pm

Yes, that's the only bit of hope, that we might get a shocking reversal of that scenario!

View user profile

86 Re: Series 10 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:07 pm

Brown-Noser Press

reaction to Missy in the trailer

First reaction to "The Pilot"

5 star return for #DoctorWho. It was one of funniest eps in light years. Pearl Mackie new assistant is a real find

https://twitter.com/TheTellyRocket/status/849347560343035904

At #DoctorWho launch. The first episode itself is a proper relaunch - completely fresh starts to get the new viewers in.

https://twitter.com/scottygb/status/849332218799566850

View user profile

87 Re: Series 10 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:41 pm

'The Pilot' by Steven Moffat
'Smile' by Frank Cottrell-Boyce
'Thin Ice' by Sarah Dollard
'Knock Knock' by Mike Bartlett
'Oxygen' by Jamie Mathieson
'Extremis' by Steven Moffat
'The Pyramid at the End of the World' by Peter Harness
'The Lie of the Land' by Toby Whitehouse
'The Empress of Mars' by Mark Gatiss
'The Eaters of Light' by Rona Munro
'TBA' by Steven Moffat
'TBA' by Steven Moffat

Source: Someone with an early copy of DWM on GB

View user profile

88 Re: Series 10 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:14 pm

When departing Doctor Who showrunner Steven Moffat got up on stage before the press screening of the series ten opener, his main aim was to convince the audience to close their eyes at a certain point during the episode two trailer shown immediately afterwards and save themselves from the spoiler. And it's a warning I feel duty bound to pass on...

"This is just a public warning," said a playful Moffat. "Some people hate spoilers and some people love spoilers – and everybody hates me whatever way they think about it. So this is my last attempt in this role to avoid hatred.
"At the end of the episode there will be yet another awesome trailer for Doctor Who... at the very end of the trailer there is, frankly, an enormous spoiler, a spoiler that may actually melt your brains. But I promise you, you'd be better off not knowing because awesome though it will be here, it will be even more awesome in a few weeks' time. So we're gonna give you the option, in our frankly camp and ridiculous way...
ADVERTISING

"There will come up a warning and then there will be a countdown to the spoiler, and then there will be a warning to 'blink now'. If at that point you close your eyes and wait until you hear the cliffhanger noise, you will have a better experience in a few weeks’ time."
So there you have it, warning delivered. And, yes, I am reliably informed that the same countdown will appear in the trailer when it airs on BBC1 on 15th April after the first episode.
And, of course, I want you to have the same option to close your eyes that all the journalists in the room had tonight (even though, like all the journalists, none of you will choose it).
Suffice it to say that, as far as certain fans will be concerned, it's the kind of surprise for which phrases such as "melt the internet", "OMG!" and, simply, "squeeeeeee!" were invented.

And if we're lucky, it may just fill in an important gap in Time Lord history.

Just 11 days to go. The countdown has begun...

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-04/theres-a-surprise-so-big-in-the-new-series-of-doctor-who-that-it-comes-with-a-countdown

View user profile

89 Re: Series 10 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:19 pm

Oh dear God what shit is he going to pull now?

View user profile

90 Re: Series 10 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:50 am

I was thinking what the spoiler was as I drifted off last night.

Either the journalists, sorry TV journalists,  are bigger nerds than they make out and know more about the show than they dare admit, so it could be anything.  Rolling Eyes

Or... Sea Devils are back. "Classic" monster. (IE: They appeared on a box of Weetabix when the journalists were young).

Or it could be something else. Suppose the best thing is to not let it get your hopes up too high.
We'll find out soon enough.  But I'm going with Sea Devils or an episode where Capaldi is superimposed into footage from a Smile  story.

We've already had Gallifrey back. And that set the world on fire. tongue

View user profile

91 Re: Series 10 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:35 am

The Movellans are back.

Dominelli confirmed this on the intra-anal, sub-space farting communicator earlier.

View user profile

92 Re: Series 10 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:41 pm

iank wrote:Oh dear God what shit is he going to pull now?

View user profile

93 Re: Series 10 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:09 pm

And multiple Masters too

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3264755/doctor-who-star-john-simm-returning-to-do-battle-with-the-new-time-lord-as-super-villain-the-master/

View user profile

94 Re: Series 10 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 8:21 pm

Arghhhh - my eyes - the fanwank - my eeeeyyeeesssss!!!....

View user profile

95 Re: Series 10 on Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:23 pm

WTF

View user profile

96 Re: Series 10 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 9:01 am

Multidoctormasterclusterfuckeroo-a-doo-da.

Sounds shiiiiiiiiiiiit.

97 Re: Series 10 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 4:58 pm

Official confirmation. Here come the drums

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/latestnews/2017/john-simm-doctor-who

View user profile

98 Re: Series 10 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:13 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
I don't think I'll be able to handle Simm's Master and Missy hamming it up at the same time.

View user profile http://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

99 Re: Series 10 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:19 pm

Shall we all just do something else on Saturday nights?

Then again that'll mean avoiding any BBC transmission, including any (increasingly rare) live football broadcasts, quiz shows or panel shows (normally starring Alexander Smarmstrong), the news, continuity announcements etc etc as the shite will be advertised left right & centre. Oh well!

I'd rather watch The Nightly Show for all eternity than see another episode of this!

Oscar Wilde
View user profile

100 Re: Series 10 on Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:46 pm

Mott1 wrote:Shall we all just do something else on Saturday nights?

Then again that'll mean avoiding any BBC transmission, including any (increasingly rare) live football broadcasts, quiz shows or panel shows (normally starring Alexander Smarmstrong), the news, continuity announcements etc etc as the shite will be advertised left right & centre. Oh well!

I'd rather watch The Nightly Show for all eternity than see another episode of this!

And suddenly Video Games pop up as a credible alternative. Or the Internet. YouTube has got stuff that goes on for over an hour. A blank set of paper and a pen? Spring cleaning?
Cleaning the guttering makes a late dash Saturday evening pastime from nowhere.
Or leave and go out. You may be some time.

Missing the show is easier than you think. Missing people going on and on about it? Now there's fantasy talk for you!

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum