You are not connected. Please login or register

Series 10

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

126 Re: Series 10 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:50 am

View user profile

127 Re: Series 10 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:09 pm

I really just looks like same old shit. Who is that bold git? Looks like fucking Dr Eggman without the tash.

View user profile

128 Re: Series 10 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:45 pm

@Genkimonk wrote:I really just looks like same old shit. Who is that bold git? Looks like fucking Dr Eggman without the tash.

View user profile

129 Re: Series 10 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:58 pm

Yeah, not exactly inspiring.

View user profile

130 Re: Series 10 on Thu Apr 13, 2017 10:31 pm

@Genkimonk wrote:Who is that bold git? Looks like fucking Dr Eggman without the tash.
He's Da Mole from the very trendy Wind in the Willows episode.

For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.
View user profile http://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

131 Re: Series 10 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:35 pm

Moff on the Monsters

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p04zs7j4

View user profile

132 Re: Series 10 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 5:11 pm

https://inews.co.uk/essentials/culture/television/doctor-who-voice-of-the-daleks-nicholas-briggs-interview/

I voice the Daleks on Doctor Who – they’re all different in their twisted little ways

View user profile

133 Re: Series 10 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:48 pm

Capaldi confirms on Norton he's filmed his death scene but will still do christmas

View user profile

134 Re: Series 10 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:15 pm

@Cunt wrote:
@Adam Ant Driver wrote:Is it worth activating the chatbox while the new episode is on or wait until it's finished before complaining?

We should set up a private stream for live shitposting and comments.

The day Mike did the classic series stream over one Xmas was super-fucking amazing.

Someone else would have to set that up. Any takers?

For three long days, I felt the cold hand of death on my shoulder. Lost in the depths of despair I tried to figure out what I had done to deserve this. I wasn't an evil person. The worst thing I'd ever done was kick a pig - School trip to Heston Farm, 1964, I maintain it was self-defence.

135 Re: Series 10 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:35 pm

The Kris Marshall gossip's started up again...Mirror and Sun claiming he'll be in the finale

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3339851/new-doctor-who-revealed-as-kris-marshall-takes-over-from-peter-capaldi-and-has-already-joined-the-cast/

View user profile

136 Re: Series 10 on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:42 pm

If Kris Marshall does become the Doctor I see it being a one-and-done deal like Eccelston. I would say it'd be a waste but the 13 lives thing went out of the window a while ago.

Now I'm picturing the show becoming an anthology where the cast and writers change every year.

137 Re: Series 10 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:28 pm

Y'know, I do feel sorry for the Moff sometimes. He just can't win with the SJWs.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/3341997/doctor-who-feminist-campaigner-gay-assistant-bill-potts-girl-on-girl-titillation-male-viewers/

*SIGH*

View user profile

138 Re: Series 10 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 7:36 pm

Nobody can with the SJWs, you give them something they want and they move the goalposts so they can continue demanding. Moffatt deserves it and brings it on himself by trying to cater to them instead of telling them to sit on a spike.

139 Re: Series 10 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:32 pm

@Adam Ant Driver wrote:Nobody can with the SJWs, you give them something they want and they move the goalposts so they can continue demanding. Moffatt deserves it and brings it on himself by trying to cater to them instead of telling them to sit on a spike.

THANK YOU! That's why I have been saying for fucking years.

PS the vast majority of these people who go on about caring about representation "Oh I need to see more women heroes, LGBT characters, black people, little girls need to see someone who is like them, growing up I never saw my story told" etc are so full of shit its not true.

I've yet to see any of them ever actually you know WATCH tv shows or franchises starring women, LGBT characters, black people.

They always watch things starring white men its hilarious. Seriously when was the last time you saw Paul Cornell write about Xena? Or Buffy? Or Charmed? Or Once Upon A Time? Its all things starring male characters from Doctor Who to Star Trek to Sherlock Holmes to Superman he has either written about or for. Same applies to others like Whovian Feminism. Why the fuck if she's interested in feminist themes in a tv show is she watching one that isn't about feminism instead of you know Xena, Buffy or Charmed, 3 massive female empowerment series?

Now you might say"well maybe they just like DW, Sherlock Holmes etc more" and yes I think that is the reason. I'm not saying they can't stand female heroes or are sexists or anything stupid like that.

But still if that's the case why should we take them seriously? They ultimately aren't prepared to bring attention to, or even simply watch something starring a woman, LGBT character or black person solely for representation, yet they expect everyone else to? In fact they expect everyone else to instantly love Missy or the new female Thor, who are replacing long standing male characters people love, or else they are sexists?

They are so full of shit its not true. They don't give a fuck about female characters. Ask any of them who Gabrielle, Faith, Callisto, Emma Swan, Regina Mills, Prue Halliwell, or Glory are. All brilliant female characters in the sci fi and fantasy genres. I doubt these people could name one of them, because all they care about is making themselves look good and thankfully more people are catching on to their shit.

View user profile

140 Re: Series 10 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Personally I'd love to see more LGBT etc characters in Television.
Trouble is they never do anything interesting! Always playing either the victim of the goodies.
Why can't we have Transexual serial killer characters? You know, the sort of characters actors relish and enjoy playing?
Having them as the oppressed or good hearted people is even more damaging and insulting as not having them on TV at all.
But anyway, Series Ten. As you were.

View user profile

141 Re: Series 10 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:41 pm

Whedon ran into the same problem in Buffy. Massive hissy fits over the death of Tara at the end of season 6, and the "you only killed her because she was gay!" backlash essentially forced them to make Willow GAY (rather than bisexual as she obviously was) and give her another girlfriend in season 7 who was a weak character with zero chemistry with her rather than, say, bring back Oz or finally pair her with Xander.

View user profile

142 Re: Series 10 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:50 pm

@Defeatment wrote:Why can't we have Transexual serial killer characters? You know, the sort of characters actors relish and enjoy playing?
That happened in Pretty Little Liars, a cheesy but really fun show. "A", a blackmailer/murderer was revealed to be a transexual and people lost their minds in outrage because it wasn't politically correct. Apparently belonging to certain groups means it's impossible to do anything wrong.

The funny thing is that it's a female driven show, female cast and female showrunner. Suddenly loses all brownie points when it's (in)convenient.

143 Re: Series 10 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:15 pm

I rather like PLL. Twisted Evil Big Grin

View user profile

144 Re: Series 10 on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:23 pm

@iank wrote:I rather like PLL. Twisted Evil Big Grin
It's been seven seasons and maybe a little past its prime and I'm still kind of sad it'll be ending soon. It's so addictive, I dare anyone to watch the first 3 episodes or so and not get drawn in. It rides the line between silly camp fun and genuinely good perfectly.

The main cast being beautiful doesn't hurt either. Wink

145 Re: Series 10 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:31 am

@Defeatment wrote:Personally I'd love to see more LGBT etc characters in Television.
Trouble is they never do anything interesting! Always playing either the victim of the goodies.
Why can't we have Transexual serial killer characters? You know, the sort of characters actors relish and enjoy playing?
Having them as the oppressed or good hearted people is even more damaging and insulting as not having them on TV at all.
But anyway, Series Ten. As you were.

Personally I don't think it matters. I used to but really representation is completely unimportant.

It only matters when we live in a time when people are being persecuted for who they are. I completely understand say someone in the 60's who has to deal with racism feeling better when they see a black hero on tv, as they are being made to feel subhuman, so that will counteract that.

In the modern Western world however who gets told they are inferior for who they are? I know there are still individual racists and sexists around, but they are a minority, who are rightfully viewed with contempt by society at large.

Thus it has no real need in the modern world. Obviously that doesn't mean that we shouldn't have anything with female, or LGBT heroes. Make as many as you want, but the point is we don't need to force diversity into everything and we shouldn't ever act like its a big deal anymore. Some things work better with an all male cast (like bottom) or an all or mostly female cast (like Ab Fab)

Also again I don't get this idea that there aren't that many LGBT characters on tv? There are dozens in every soap. also in terms of fantasy shows, Buffy, Xena, Babylon 5, Torchwood, Doctor Who, have all had LGBT main characters. Hell some of them are even leading characters like Jack and Xena who was so iconic they even named a planet after her.

You have had plenty of LGBT villains too. Doctor Frank N Furter from the Rocky Horror Picture Show is as iconic as any other character and he was bisexual and a transvestite, then there was also Lana's lesbian stalker in Smallville who kills people, Willow went evil in Buffy and in some ways became the most terrifying villain in the series. James Gilles, William Murdoch's archenemy in the Murdoch Mysteries is also gay (he's a brilliant villain too, really recommend that series, Gilles is kind of like a Victorian Joker)

Really its not big deal IMO.

View user profile

146 Re: Series 10 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:49 am

@Adam Ant Driver wrote:
@Defeatment wrote:Why can't we have Transexual serial killer characters? You know, the sort of characters actors relish and enjoy playing?
That happened in Pretty Little Liars, a cheesy but really fun show. "A", a blackmailer/murderer was revealed to be a transexual and people lost their minds in outrage because it wasn't politically correct. Apparently belonging to certain groups means it's impossible to do anything wrong.

The funny thing is that it's a female driven show, female cast and female showrunner. Suddenly loses all brownie points when it's (in)convenient.

I think New Who should have an episode where we see how the SJWs and the anti SJW's react to an alien invasion in the whoniverse.

The Daleks invade and then we see an almost universally reviled presidential candidate say he wants to build a forcefield around the earth to keep the aliens out.

"I love aliens, nobody has more respect for aliens than me. My best friend is from Gallifrey. You are looking at the guy who loves aliens more than anyone else. But they are not sending their best people. We've had Dalek invasions, Sontaran invasions, Cybermen invasions. Look at Gallifrey, since it put up a forcefield after the time war they've had no invasions, and they're kicking our asses. They've invented time travel, they've mastered immortality. So we're going to build a forcefield and nobody builds them better than me, and we're going to get Mars to pay for the forcefield and build it for us."

Then we'd have the SJW's take to the streets with signs like "NOT ALL DALEKS" "TIMELORD REGENERATIONS MATTER".

Paul Joseph Watson would probably do a video about how some planets are better than others, Cenk Uygur and Ana Kasparain would call him a racist who is trying to tar all aliens as being like the Daleks. Anita Sarkeesian would complain that we could see Missy's arse during the Cyber invasion of 2014 but not Davros's and say that his Dalek chair was almost designed to strategically cover his butt at all times.

Milo Yiannopolous would probably make a crass remark about the female companion's looks whilst she and the Doctor were saving the earth on twitter. Something like she looked like a guy he used to fuck before being banned from twitter.

View user profile

147 Re: Series 10 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:10 pm

Oh boy...

Now The Mirror seem to have picked up that David Bradley/First Doctor returning rumour..

Doctor Who will have a new time travelling companion in the Christmas Special – in the shape of the first Time Lord.

Harry Potter star David Bradley will reprise his role as William Hartnell’s original Doctor, which he previously played for the BBC sci-fi show’s 50th drama An Adventure In Space and Time.

He will flank Peter Capaldi’s 12th incarnation in this year’s festive outing, following the departure of Pearl Mackie as Bill Potts at the end of this series (despite rave reviews after her debut on Saturday).

In the plot, the first Doctor has to help the current one play out his last mission in the Tardis. The pair must work together to save home planet Gallifrey by moving it to another dimension.

Fans will discover the close-up shot of Capaldi’s eyes from the 50th special, The Day of the Doctor, was actually the start of his own regeneration.

The scene, which was the only glimpse that viewers got of Matt Smith’s successor during the entire episode, will be returned to at Christmas as Capaldi transforms into the 13th Doctor.

Bradley, 73, is best known for his role as Argus Filch in the Potter films and as the suicidal newsagent in the first series of Broadchurch. He first played Hartnell’s Doctor in drama-documentary An Adventure in Time and Space.

An insider revealed: “David was convincing as Hartnell, it’s exciting he’s back.

“Four years ago it took all the previous Doctors to save Gallifrey, so maybe some of the others will also pop up in Capaldi’s swansong.

“It’s great that the first Doctor will be there to help out during those all-important regeneration moments.”

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/firs ... r-10244835

cyclops affraid

View user profile

148 Re: Series 10 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:03 am

It would great if David Bradley was the 13th Doctor. His portrayal of William Hartnell's 1st Doctor was wonderful.

View user profile

149 Re: Series 10 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:11 am

@Arthur Stengos wrote:It would great if David Bradley was the 13th Doctor. His portrayal of William Hartnell's 1st Doctor was wonderful.

Sorry the producers and the tiny, obnoxious audience the producers seem to court above all else would have this attitude to him even being suggested.

View user profile

150 Re: Series 10 on Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:53 am

Funny thing is, those Matt Smith rumours could easily come true if there's some timey whimey twist to the special, as Capaldi owes his entire existence to placing Gallifrey in a pocket dimension, triggering the seige of trenzalore

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum