Chris
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The Chibnall era Empty The Chibnall era 13th June 2017, 11:30 pm

iank

iank

First words from Chibbers:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-13/new-doctor-who-boss-chris-chibnall-has-some-bold-and-innovative-ideas-for-the-show

He talks a lot less like a twat than Mofftwat, and even admits the new series has gone off the boil! Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

2The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 14th June 2017, 12:34 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

iank wrote:First words from Chibbers:

http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-13/new-doctor-who-boss-chris-chibnall-has-some-bold-and-innovative-ideas-for-the-show

He talks a lot less like a twat than Mofftwat, and even admits the new series has gone off the boil!  Big Grin

I'm not sure. Its good that he is acknowledging that the show is failing but this was the reason his friend gave.

For me, when it goes towards story­lines that are a little bit more for the fans, I think you can lose that general appeal. I think Chris is going to offer a slightly different take on what the show should be.

What the actual fuck? The problem with the Capaldi era is that its too much for the fans! Yeah cause fans love all of these things don't they.

I honestly can't think of an era not just of Doctor Who, but of anything that spits in the faces of actual fans more. Saying that the problem is that it is made for us is the last fucking insult. As a life long fan I wish the Capaldi era could be scrubbed from canon forever and I know I am not alone.

The Peter Capaldi era was made for SJW fucktards, Tumblerina's and whiney third wave feminists and as a result like anything made for them such as the new Ghostbusters movie its been a fucking disaster and a massive flop.

Here are some reviews from actual fans of the show.

Here meanwhile are what whiney little feminists who can't watch anything unless its all about their fucking political movement thought of it.

How Doctor Who Delivered A Righteously Feminist Finale: Vanity Fair

Whovian Feminism Reviews Hellbent: This Is The Most Feminist Episode of Doctor Who I Have Ever Seen

I think that demonstrates the audience Moffat and co are after which is why its viewers have literally slipped to the lowest they have ever been!

3The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 14th June 2017, 1:14 am

iank

iank

I think he probably just means in term of fanwank. You can't deny it's gone off the scale in the Moffat era, and even more so in the Capaldi era.

4The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 14th June 2017, 2:00 pm

Chris

Chris

iank wrote:I think he probably just means in term of fanwank. You can't deny it's gone off the scale in the Moffat era, and even more so in the Capaldi era.

You should know by now that Bumjoe can only talk about one thing.

5The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 14th June 2017, 3:40 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Chris wrote:
iank wrote:I think he probably just means in term of fanwank. You can't deny it's gone off the scale in the Moffat era, and even more so in the Capaldi era.

You should know by now that Bumjoe can only talk about one thing.

You've got a cheek. All you do is just call everybody sexist.
See here.

Put your opinions here. God help us all. This one has a lesbian in it.

(quote]Rubbish. Why was the wood person a woman when she could easily have been a man. There were already multiple women in the episode. I mean come on let's have some balance.
[/quote]

Ice, elephants & Regency race relations. Get to chatting here.

Virtue Signal
Cultural Marxism
Third Wave Feminism
All Lives Matter
Lock Her Up
Stealthing
Roosh V
Sargon of Akkad
Richard Spencer
Barrowman

Also as far as originality goes you're even stealing seal's bumjaw joke!

Plus this is relevant to the topic at hand. We were discussing why Doctor Who has gone wrong, and I brought up what I feel that is. What are we not supposed to say that because you get triggered?

6The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 14th June 2017, 6:07 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Bonjour wrote:Waaaah! Why duz there haf 2b wiimins in evry fing now!?!?

SleepSleepSleep

7The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 14th June 2017, 6:44 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Boofer wrote:
Bonjour wrote:Waaaah! Why duz there haf 2b wiimins in evry fing now!?!?

SleepSleepSleep

Do you have to white knight for Penny EVERY single time she gets into a disagreement with someone here? Even when it contradicts what YOU have said in the past about SJW's. Like when you whined about Class's diverse cast just being there for the creators to virtue signal?

Imagine how tedious it would be if every time someone disagreed with Iank, they had to deal with me, Rawkuss, Adam Ant, and Mott1 jumping down their throats?

As another user pointed out its hilarious that what happens is basically Penny accuses people of being sexists and then when someone disagrees they have to deal with you and Mike. Don't get me wrong since your "arguments" are usually just "you hate women cause you're a virgin" or something highly original like that, then they are easy to deal with, but its just hilarious that Penny the strong willed feminist has to get two white knights to fight her corner every single time.

I'd be offended if I were you Penny.

Also finally Seal how many female led shows do you like? Well since I apparently can't stand any shows that star strong women how many do you like? You got all of Xena, Buffy, Charmed, Dark Angel, Ghost Whisperer, Alien film series, Nikita, Once Upon A Time, Survivors, The Bionic Woman on DVD like I have?

And I wouldn't have thought a guy who constantly goes on about Pearl Mackie being too ugly to be the companion is very feminist.

8The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 14th June 2017, 6:46 pm

burrunjor

burrunjor

Anyway getting back on topic I think its too early to really judge Chibnall. Even the fact that he is a good or bad writer is nothing to go by.

Barry Letts IMO was a crap writer for DW but definitely one of, if not the best producers for the show. Similarly Moff wrote excellent episodes for RTD but was the worst showrunner who has almost driven the show into the ground!

Also all the things about restoring the show to what it once was have been said many times before. All we can do is wait sadly.

9The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 15th June 2017, 8:23 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Some possible information [I've heard some of these rumours before, particularly the thing about the Great Vampires, the Sunday time slot is new]

https://www.reddit.com/r/gallifrey/comments/6hbe5r/spoiler_info_from_a_source_of_mine_about_series/

10The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 15th June 2017, 11:20 pm

iank

iank

Absolute bollocks, made up on a whim just because Chibbers diplomatically said a season long story like Broadchurch wasn't "impossible" when asked by an interviewer.
This seems to forget he also said he wanted to make it more mainstream and less fan-oriented again. So he's gonna do a season-long story about Time Lords and the Great Vampires. Somehow I think not...

11The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 10th July 2017, 7:51 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

12The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 10th July 2017, 8:18 am

Mott1

Mott1

I wouldn't be against a season-long story like Torchwood : Children Of Earth, arguably the best Nu Who product. If it's like Miracle Day tho forget it - I hope he looks at the strengths and weaknesses of both approaches.

13The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 10th July 2017, 9:14 am

iank

iank

He seems like less of an ass than Moffat. Big Grin LOL

14The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 10th July 2017, 12:25 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

John Barrowman seems less of an arse than Moffat. It's like saying Idi Amin killed fewer people than Mao Ze-Dong - but I d agree, though. Very Happy

15The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 10th July 2017, 12:46 pm

Boofer

Boofer

Listen to what he's saying. The main focus is going to be on big, bold emotional beats.

Hope that doesn't mean more RTD-style gush.

16The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 10th July 2017, 1:06 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

I wasn't all that fond of RTD initially but his era has grown on me. He handles emotion and writes better characters than SM. So a step backward is a step forward in my opinion. But I think by the law of averages we should expect a showrunner who will connect with both fandom and the public in a way that will usher in some sort of high-point.

I am really going to have to watch Broadchurch soon as that has to be the biggest indicator of what will come next. I have heard good things.

DW is never going to come back in the more plot-driven kind of format it used to have. I would like that but it won't. Chibnall is a modern writer who will write a modern show, I imagine.

Oh, and please no bloody Kris Marshall. I think that would just be an acknowledgment that DW slipped under Moffat and is desperately trying to regain some of the former popularity it had under RTD. People say that Moffat laid the groundwork for DW becoming big in America but I think that RTD laid the ground work and it was more because of him - not sure it's a good thing either way.

17The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 10th July 2017, 1:09 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

And, look, the only other name being bandied around is Kris Marshall, and he’s such a lazy choice that he’d be in danger of killing the series dead. There’s something depressing about the prospect of a Kris Marshall Doctor. There’s no risk to him. He’d be a Doctor designed by committee. He’d be a fake Irish pub of a Doctor. He doesn’t have the sparkily fierce intellect or the towering sharpness... He plays people who worry about the internet. He isn’t suited at all...

That quote from the Guardian sums him up for me.

18The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 10th July 2017, 10:26 pm

iank

iank

Yeah, giving Moffat the credit for its popularity in the US is a joke. He happened to be in charge when BBC America kicked off. Big deal.

19The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 16th August 2017, 8:01 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

20The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 16th August 2017, 2:41 pm

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

I'd say that IS canon and a Robert Holmes/Hinchcliffe masterpiece compared to what Chinballs about to do...

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

21The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 19th August 2017, 8:17 pm

Zarius

Zarius

22The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 20th August 2017, 11:16 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

He made some good points in there but that was way too long, whiney and pedantic.

23The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 30th August 2017, 11:30 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

'Doctor Who' Music Composer, Murray Gold, Reportedly Departing the Show After Nearly 13 Years

https://creators.co/@lewiisjefferies/4257730

24The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 31st August 2017, 1:38 am

iank

iank

The article's four months old and just speculation.

25The Chibnall era Empty Re: The Chibnall era 3rd September 2017, 11:28 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum