Total Votes : 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 World Enough and Time on Fri May 26, 2017 12:20 am

Had enough? Time to stop?

View user profile

2 Re: World Enough and Time on Fri May 26, 2017 12:25 am

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
Made them all early, huh? I applaud you for the creativity in all the options. LOL

And also myself for seeing them all before somebody voted Barrowman. It's a Hive-tide miracle.

3 Re: World Enough and Time on Fri May 26, 2017 1:23 am

I think B would have liked that particular poll. Glad I did these now.

View user profile

4 Re: World Enough and Time on Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:57 am

Paul Scoones' Master theory: https://twitter.com/paul_scoones/status/876711132890767360

View user profile

5 Re: World Enough and Time on Mon Jun 19, 2017 5:45 pm

Not happening. Simm was seen filming scenes with Pearl as well, he's in disguise for most of the first part, his reveal is a big deal.

View user profile

6 Re: World Enough and Time on Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:18 pm

A k f l y u p b I w j e o d h I m e q v t c x g w s r n and z!
Now I know my Doctor Who storytelling ABC... Viewing figures escape me

View user profile

7 Re: World Enough and Time on Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:01 pm

Much Better

8 Re: World Enough and Time on Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:07 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
"One of the best episodes since the show returned – and certainly one of the darkest"
http://www.radiotimes.com/news/2017-06-22/doctor-who-world-enough-and-time-spoiler-free-preview-one-of-the-best-episodes-since-the-show-returned--and-certainly-one-of-the-darkest

9 Re: World Enough and Time on Thu Jun 22, 2017 3:29 pm

Doctor Who Online's preview seems to confirm one of the spoilers I heard about over on GB and reddit

http://news.drwho-online.co.uk/1011-World-Enough-And-Time-DWO-Spoiler-Free-Preview.aspx

''I'm worried about my future''

View user profile

10 Re: World Enough and Time on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:49 pm

Am I being delusional or was that excellent?! Definitely one of the best post-2005.

Simm looked perfect in that final scene and dare I hope he is playing a more serious version of the character this time round?

Next week looked a bit iffy but this one was great.

11 Re: World Enough and Time on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:53 pm

@Rick Deckard 2.0 wrote:Am I being delusional or was that excellent?! Definitely one of the best post-2005.

No, I agree. Not sure how any of that fits into the established continuity but it was all very good. I thought that the Dr. Who stuff was rather tongue-in-cheek but quite liked it. It's the second part of Moffat's two-parters that usually fail.

View user profile

12 Re: World Enough and Time on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:57 pm

Not a hell of a lot happened and they wasted the time dialation gimmick just to have Simm chew the scenery with a rubbish accent.

Definitely not bad as far as Bill's situation went though

View user profile

13 Re: World Enough and Time on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:30 pm

14 Re: World Enough and Time on Sat Jun 24, 2017 8:35 pm

Why was Simm playing a Der Stürmer cartoon character?

15 Re: World Enough and Time on Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:11 pm

Uh-oh, I hear Bill in the trailer for that...that could mean anything really, Bill in the head of the Cyberman etc...I do think she'll overcome her programming and side with everyone in The Doctor Falls though, hopefully not much else.

View user profile

16 Re: World Enough and Time on Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:42 pm

Why bring back the shitty flying Cybusmen ffs? Rolling Eyes

View user profile

17 Re: World Enough and Time on Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:20 pm

I thought it was an ok episode this time. As stated above, nothing much happened. I think they missed a beat by not having the partially converted men and women do anything. They could have made it waaaaay more darker and scarier.

But the music was on point this time around. Perfectly captured the mood.

18 Re: World Enough and Time on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:19 pm

A lot of it was just sitting around waiting for the Doctor to turn up.

To be honest, you could have squeezed the content of the episode down to about 20 minutes and it still wouldn't have felt all that punchy.

I enjoyed the conversion of Bill, the body horror and the bleak atmosphere, but there were a number of mistakes, especially with the science.

The gravity on the ship would have ran on a gradient to the back, meaning Bill's journey to the other side to be 'fixed' would have taken many years. By which time the Doctor and the rest wouldn't be that far behind her, and she'd be dead. While time might be much slower at that end of the ship, it wouldn't be running that much quicker 10, or even 20 miles further up.  There's also the other possibility she was fixed not far where she was taken from, but that doesn't explain how the proto-men were able to intercede the moment she'd been shot. Even if they were laying in wait, they'd still have to drag her goofy arse 400 miles through time treacle.

View user profile

19 Re: World Enough and Time on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Wouldn't the gravity have had to have been so strong at the end of the ship near the black hole for time to run backwards that it would have ripped the ship apart anyway?

View user profile

20 Re: World Enough and Time on Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:57 pm

Rawkuss wrote:Wouldn't the gravity have had to have been so strong at the end of the ship near the black hole for time to run backwards that it would have ripped the ship apart anyway?

Gravity is actually quite a weak force. You have to get very close to the event horizon in order to be pulled 'in'. If you're thinking about it in the proper terms i.e. space-time curvature, imagine a weak curve that trickles you in until you reach the 'cliff' In essence, the ship would have easily pulled away from it - just as it would be able to from a supergiant star.

According to the physics, you'd simply see the object stop, then fade from the visible spectrum to the infrared..then nothing.

There are a few papers which suggest time may run backwards inside a black hole.

https://phys.org/news/2015-09-law-implies-thermodynamic-black-holes.html

View user profile

21 Re: World Enough and Time on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:24 pm

Aside from some typical cringeworthy humour and Moffat-trolling early on, I thought that was actually excellent, probably the best episode for about six sodding years, to be honest! Dark, scary, great doom-laden atmosphere, a very impressive return for the original Cybermen (certainly not something I would have ever expected to see on TV in 2017!). It was great to have John Simm back too, and I loved him "doing an Ainley" and spending nearly the entire episode in disguise before ripping off his mask for the big reveal.  Big Grin I actually watched that again almost as soon as it had finished, which isn't something I've done for many a year (I've hardly been able to bear watching most of them once the last few years, let's face it). Terrific.  Surprised  Shocked
How much do we want to bet they'll screw it up next week, then? Wink

View user profile

22 Re: World Enough and Time on Sun Jun 25, 2017 10:52 pm

@Boofer wrote:
Rawkuss wrote:Wouldn't the gravity have had to have been so strong at the end of the ship near the black hole for time to run backwards that it would have ripped the ship apart anyway?

Gravity is actually quite a weak force. You have to get very close to the event horizon in order to be pulled 'in'. If you're thinking about it in the proper terms i.e. space-time curvature, imagine a weak curve that trickles you in until you reach the 'cliff' In essence, the ship would have easily pulled away from it - just as it would be able to from a supergiant star.

According to the physics, you'd simply see the object stop, then fade from the visible spectrum to the infrared..then nothing.

There are a few papers which suggest time may run backwards inside a black hole.

https://phys.org/news/2015-09-law-implies-thermodynamic-black-holes.html

Ah, thanks x

View user profile

23 Re: World Enough and Time on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:46 am

Shall I tell you one thing I've liked this season about the multi-parters? They've finally stopped doing that 'to be continued' shit! Just straight from the cliffhanger into the titles, like it always was!

View user profile

24 Re: World Enough and Time on Mon Jun 26, 2017 3:07 am

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
Missed the episode and had to watch it on demand, maybe your comments made my hype the episode up too much but it wasn't all that and a bag of potato chips.

Not only did nothing much happen, but even with the time disparity gimmick moffat couldn't tell the story without using flashbacks. Not a barrowman, but still pretty shit.

25 Re: World Enough and Time on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:08 am

Ya miserable CUNT.
Big Grin

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum