Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film>

+4
Ludders
Pepsi Maxil
iank
REDACTED
8 posters

THISISNOTHERE

Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> I_vote_lcap33%Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> I_vote_rcap 33% [ 3 ]
Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> I_vote_lcap0%Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> I_vote_lcap22%Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> I_vote_rcap 22% [ 2 ]
Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> I_vote_lcap11%Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> I_vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> I_vote_lcap11%Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> I_vote_rcap 11% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Empty Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> 30th November 2019, 4:33 pm

REDACTED

FYEO for me.

2Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Empty Re: Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> 30th November 2019, 8:57 pm

iank

iank

I love them all, bar TMWTGG, which is just sort of middling, and Octopussy, which is just boring. The other five though... gold.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Empty Re: Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> 30th November 2019, 11:25 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Moonraker is pretty awesome.

Octopussy has an island populated exclusively by scantily clad women, an exhilarating pre-title sequence, an awesome Tuk Tuk chase and some great stunt work particularly during the train sequence. I believe I also saw a nipple in the title sequence. If that's boring to you I wonder what qualifies as entertaining in your book LOL

4Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Empty Re: Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> 14th January 2020, 8:45 am

Ludders

Ludders

Live and Let Die was the peak of Roger Moore's Bond movies. It's actually quite good, but should've been a one-off.
Roger Moore's Bond is basically The Saint at best, and a Thunderbird puppet at worst, but with more corny lines.
Being a fan of Christopher Lee, I wish I could vote for The Man With the Golden Gun, but it's dire. As are the rest.

5Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Empty Re: Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> 14th January 2020, 3:04 pm

Fendelman

Fendelman

Had to go with Live and Let Die, although the Spy Who Loved Me comes a close second. Moonraker would be my third choice, being James Bond in space and all, but I don't think it's as well written (or maybe edited) as those two. I like the other Bonds, but I've always thought Roger Moore's Bond was sort of the definitive version of the character. I'd rank Connery second, Brosnan third, Dalton fourth...

6Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Empty Re: Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> 14th January 2020, 7:53 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Live & Let Die - surprisingly unsettling. The voodoo stuff might be hokey but it makes it closer to horror than the series ever normally got. The J W Pepper sequence breaks up the action/tension nicely and is funny. Yaphet Kotto is very good in his double role too.

Golden Gun - I always find this more entertaining than I should. Lee is wonderful and there's a real rapport with Moore, who mirrors Scaramanga more than Connery's Bond would've done. Terrible Bond girl and the tone is all over the place, but that fun house climax is fantastic.

Spy - I find this slightly overrated, but Jaws is ultra-menacing.

Moonraker - A good one to watch while sloshed.

Eyes - Julian Glover is great, isn't he? I think the extra menace in this balanced out some of the farce nicely.

Octopussy - Fun from start to finish. The most OTT Berkoff performance of all time, knife-juggling twins, Moore as a clown, mechanical crocs, Tarzan impressions, buxom birds with faberge eggs, great location filming, Louis Jourdain's 'smooth as cashmere villain' works well opposite Moore...

View - Oh dear. Moore admitted he was too old for the role by now, and he was. The whole thing had fallen into farce by now...

7Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Empty Re: Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> 15th January 2020, 1:02 am

Boofer

Boofer

Had to choose between Live and Let Die and A View to a Kill. Went with the latter as it's a mixture of utter madness, action and 80s kitsch.

Love the soundtrack too.

8Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Empty Re: Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> 15th January 2020, 1:05 am

iank

iank

Finally, someone with taste. Big Grin

9Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Empty Re: Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> 15th January 2020, 1:02 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Yeah, the score is one of John Barry's finest. The series no longer has cool action motifs like this:

Tanya Roberts is also one of my favourite Bond girls. I bet the whingers over at The Mary Sue hate her  LOL  

Speaking of John Barry, this is probably my favourite Barry piece at the moment:

1:04 onwards is legendary.

10Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Empty Re: Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> 15th January 2020, 8:47 pm

iank

iank

Well, to be honest, I think Roberts is pretty bad, not so much her, but the character is lame and doesn't even show up till nearly an hour in! She's one of the weakest of the Moore era Bond girls IMO.
But the rest of AVTAK is great, Rog is great - and looks no older than Craig was looking back in fucking Skyfall - Patrick Macnee is great, Walken is great and there's some of the best action sequences in the whole series (including the climax).
Anyone dismissing this for "oh he's too old" is round the bend, frankly.

11Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Empty Re: Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> 15th January 2020, 11:19 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I liked the fact that he looked older. I also liked his style in the film:

Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Leathe10

Dalton also wore a cool leather jacket in Daylights:

Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Car10

Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Underr10

It fits Bond, not The Doctor.

I see Craig is desperately trying to look as cool as Dalton by stealing his fashion.

Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Bomber10

12Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Empty Re: Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> 15th January 2020, 11:52 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil wrote:I see Craig is desperately trying to look as cool as Dalton by stealing his fashion.

LOL LOL

Like he'd even be aware of that Dalton wore something vaguely similar, once. LOL

13Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> Empty Re: Favorite Roger Moore Bond Film> 17th January 2020, 8:10 am

stengos

stengos

Live and Let Die. Moore retained a harder edge in that one.
Then The Spy Who Loved Me followed by Golden Gun.
The rest are good but Roger stayed in the role too long for my tastes.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum