You are not connected. Please login or register

Star Trek

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:01 pm

The Orville has a problem striking the right balance of comedy and ripping of Next Generation.

ST:D (notice I put the colon in there) was great for the first couple but the third felt more traditional Star Trek to me. Interested to see where the next episode will go.

View user profile

27Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:32 pm

Nicola Bryant cheers

View user profile

28Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:21 am

Mr. Happy wrote:The Orville has a problem striking the right balance of comedy and ripping of Next Generation.

ST:D (notice I put the colon in there) was great for the first couple but the third felt more traditional Star Trek to me. Interested to see where the next episode will go.

I'm still only halfway through the second episode of STD because my internet has been terrible lately. It's alright so far and looks amazing but it takes too much inspiration from the recent films such as the overuse of dutch angles and lens flare and the plot being war driven, Spock's sister also seems too emotional like Quinto rather than the Nimoy version, if anything Doug Jones as Saru acts more vulcan than her and his prosthetics are pretty great. Beyond was a box office bomb and the movie franchise is as good as dead so it feels weird watching them follow a style that didn't work. Good to hear it gets closer to traditional Trek, I just hope they can keep up the visual effects without it costing too much to give the show a chance at life.

I only saw the first episode of The Orville which was bad enough to break my 3 episode rule. I read more recent episodes have a better TOS feel to them so I might give it another chance at some point but that first episode was awful.

View user profile http://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

29Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:14 am

The overuse of Dutch angles was terrible. That seemed to stop after the first episode. They do focus on Michael Burnham a lot though. Don't see the point in an emotional Vulcan, just make her human.

The Orville gets a lot better, but still not totally great. Just watch the latest one and judge it on that if you care to. Ep.6

STD had a lot of complaints recently cos a character said Fuck or mother fucker or something. And yet a mention of the Klingons eating a Star Trek officer is fine Smile

View user profile

30Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:08 pm

I'm rather getting into Enterprise, which I never really bothered with originally. Just finished season 2. I really like the cast - miles better than bloody Voyager - and while there are still some yawnsome "character" episodes, when it's good it's really good. I really enjoyed the Borg one. Very horror-movie, couldn't help but think of both The 10th Planet and The Ice Warriors (alien creature frozen in the ice coming back to life after hundreds of years). Smile

View user profile

31Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:57 pm

This is a very nice analysis of DS9 by the one and only Razorfish (sic).

I don't endorse his political leanings, but his reviews are fascinating and pretty much spot on.

View user profile

32Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:58 pm

His insistence that Voyager fucked up because of an over-reliance on the Borg is baffling. There was so much wrong with it in addition ot that Wink

View user profile

33Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:17 pm

Not least the entire cast barring Robert Picardo. Big Grin Big Grin

I actually picked up the TNG blu ray set last week. Looks really great in HD. Even season 1 isn't as bad as I remembered!

View user profile

34Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:52 am

I'm coming from a place where I didn't despise DS9 as much as everyone else at the time.

But, then again, I've always enjoyed dipping in-and-out of Trek without counting myself as much of a fan.

It always seemed more like a proper drama than the other, more formulaic Trek efforts. It didn't fit the ST template to a large extent, and I admit it's not always a thrill-a-minute ride, but its dark and character-focused writing and mega-arc narrative brought a new dimension to the 'franchise'.

For all the languid, personal-political episodes, there are gems, like Once More Unto the Breach, Duet and Call to Arms.

View user profile

35Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:48 am

DS9 was always my fave.

View user profile

36Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:55 pm

I loved DS9 on broadcast and have been meaning to watch it again soon. I always preferred Next Gen, though, and Babylon 5 is calling!

None can compare to Blakes 7, booyah!

View user profile

37Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:32 am

View user profile

38Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:53 am

As Arsene Wenger would say, 'Top top quality'.

View user profile

39Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:16 am

LOL LOL LOL

View user profile

40Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:45 pm

Why Two Star Trek Movies Are Being Simultaneously Developed, According To Simon Pegg

So if Quentin Tarantino hadn't approached the folks at Paramount and Bad Robot with his idea for a Star Trek movie, then the companies would have just moved ahead with Star Trek 4 on its own and not worried about working on another cinematic project for a while. But evidently whatever Tarantino pitched was intriguing enough that it warranted further exploration, as The Revenant writer Mark L. Smith will pen the screenplay. From what's been reported so far, it sounds like Tarantino's Star Trek movie stands a good chance of moving forward, although Pegg previously expressed doubt that Tarantino would actually direct this movie given how busy the man is currently with Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2420941/why-two-star-trek-movies-are-being-simultaneously-developed-according-to-simon-pegg

What a thoroughly odd situation, two very different sounding Star Trek films at once and one will be a non-Tarintino Tarintino movie. I hope he does direct it and that it violent, bloody and SF (not action like the other recent ones).

View user profile

41Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:13 pm

View user profile

42Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:16 pm

LOL Nice

View user profile

43Star Trek - Page 2 Empty Re: Star Trek on Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:47 am

ClockworkOcean

ClockworkOcean
Dick Tater
"STD Season 2 Will Show How Michael Burnham Prepared Spock For Kirk"

Keep going, Alex. Go ahead and "reveal" that the franchise's most iconic character, created long before you were even born, owes all of his life achievements to your universally disliked diversity hire Mary Sue lead. A smart move guaranteed to endear a disgruntled and sceptical fanbase to your new season.

LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum