Adam Ant Driver
Defeatment
iank
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Video Games Empty Video Games 15th May 2017, 1:08 am

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

I was sure there was a thread about this but apparently not. Do people play games here? What are you playing?

I started playing GTA: San Andreas today and it's pretty fun so far.

https://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

2Video Games Empty Re: Video Games 15th May 2017, 1:46 am

iank

iank

I've never really been into video games, probably not least because I'm shit at them. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Video Games Empty Re: Video Games 15th May 2017, 11:21 am

Defeatment

I'm quite good at the Final Fantasy stuff.
I did complete The Last Of Us once. Going through it again and I forgot how much I hated the Ellie being hunted stage. Although at least in the burning building section you could liven it up by pretending she was being stalked by Jimmy Savile. (Sorry...)
I still play Silent Hill, and although it's an incredibly goods looking game Alien Isolation is just so difficult.

And yeah, San Andreas is a great game. Hope you get to play GTA V soon.

4Video Games Empty Re: Video Games 15th May 2017, 2:01 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

I finished GTA V last year, having not played a game in the series since Vice City on the PS2. Well, I did play the Chinatown Wars on the Nintendo DS. After playing GTA V I bought the 3 game boxset on the playstation store and have only just got around the starting San Andreas. I've not even finished GTA 3 or Vice City yet (last save file is from september) but Vice City is rage inducingly difficult and I'm stuck on all available missions even when I watch walkthrough videos.

I think the biggest problem is how clunky the controls feel in the older games compared to GTA V, I can't count the times I've screwed up driving because I'm still trying to use the trigger buttons instead of X and O.

5Video Games Empty Re: Video Games 19th May 2017, 9:04 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

Just bought the deluxe edition of Sleeping Dogs. It's about an undercover cop trying to infiltrate the triad in Hong Kong. It's like GTA with a combat system similar to the Arkham series, there's also a bunch of martial arts, interactive objects and the ability to jump from car to car at high speeds which is fun.

Came with all 24 sets of DLC too.

6Video Games Empty Re: Video Games 2nd June 2017, 7:46 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Adam Ant Driver

I now have the complete Wonder Woman movie costume and weapons set in Injustice 2 after completing the multiverse world. I didn't bother getting her up to level 20 and instead went into the final battle at level 11.

It's the only way to get the costume and the world expires in a few days.

7Video Games Empty Re: Video Games 15th September 2019, 3:04 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

I'll probably make some reviews of video games that I'll play, in a similar manner to how members on this forum review movies or TV shows.
So anyway, recently I've been playing Sonic Adventure 1 on the Dreamcast to celebrate its 20th anniversary. It's Sonic's first 3D Game, and yet, it's still the best 3D Sonic game in my opinion, next to Unleashed. 4/6 campaigns are fantastic, there's a great lighthearted story (albeit presented clunky, but it was one of the very first games to use cutscenes, so I'll let it slide), the music is the best in the franchise (in fact, I may call it my favourite soundtrack), and it has the best controls out of any Sonic game, and I'm including 2D games in that. A 9/10 game for me, I still love it.

8Video Games Empty Re: Video Games 15th September 2019, 9:35 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I was thinking last night I just might be tempted to get either the Playstation 4 or X-Box just to get the Sega classics set so I can play old Sonic again.

9Video Games Empty Re: Video Games 16th September 2019, 12:31 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

Tanmann wrote:I was thinking last night I just might be tempted to get either the Playstation 4 or X-Box just to get the Sega classics set so I can play old Sonic again.

Video Games 1450758380820

Just get the roms and emulate for free wtf?

10Video Games Empty Re: Video Games 16th September 2019, 12:50 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Spider-Man 2. I used to swing around the city for hours and fuck about. I always used to jump from the tallest building and commit suicide when I got bored.

The pizza theme was the absolute best Big Grin

11Video Games Empty Re: Video Games 25th October 2019, 5:04 pm

Genkimonk

Genkimonk

I love playing all the really unusual Japanese games like Katamari Damasy.

Recently played a rather good SF visual novel called "Our World is Ended " (The bad English is explained in the story) which I feel anyone who likes deep SF about human society would like. A few....uncomfortable Japanese themes in the game, but the story is really damn good.

12Video Games Empty Re: Video Games 25th October 2019, 9:26 pm

REDACTED

Just set up my old N64 and plan on having a fun night replaying Goldeneye....

13Video Games Empty Re: Video Games 30th October 2019, 8:28 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The music in this game was phenomenal:

14Video Games Empty Re: Video Games 9th December 2019, 11:35 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater

A comment on the use of political allegory in the new Wolfenstein games.

Nobody is saying Nazism isn’t deserving of some hate.
But the more modern games they have been quite keen on quite exaggerating the extent of the hate and dehumanisation of the enemy, whilst also attempting to draw parallels to modern politics and groups.
Can’t you see a problem here?
Encouraging us to violently slaughter ‘Nazis’ and to laugh and cheer because they are despicable sub-humans is one thing, but then telling us that these ‘Nazis’ are quite similar to millions or billions of people living today is kind of discomforting.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum