You are not connected. Please login or register

Recent Who purchases

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Recent Who purchases  Empty Recent Who purchases on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 7:24 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
Bought The Krotons and The Dominators on DVD earlier. Hopefully I'll get them by the weekend and enjoy them both with a Pepsi on Saturday evening.

2Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 7:27 pm

Bernard Marx

Those are coincidentally the only TruWho stories I have yet to buy on DVD. I’ve just never got around to it.

3Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Wed 09 Oct 2019, 7:35 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
Awesome. I personally don't intend to collection every single story on DVD. That said, I will eventually complete the Sixties stuff at some point. I only have about four or five Hartnell serials left to buy.

4Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Thu 10 Oct 2019, 3:44 pm

Indrid Mercury

Indrid Mercury
Picked up the 'The Two Doctors' figure set at my local B&M. I stopped collecting the CO figures back in 2012 but for this, I made an exception.

5Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Mon 21 Oct 2019, 2:24 am

iank

iank
Have ordered the 23 and 12 (the US one) blu rays off eBay.

6Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Tue 22 Oct 2019, 5:20 pm

Doctor7

I am kinda debating whether to get the blurays or not that darn logo on them I like the covers otherwise.

7Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Tue 22 Oct 2019, 6:41 pm

Doctor7

I am starting to read and collect older non fiction doctor who books like the television companion.

8Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Tue 22 Oct 2019, 7:45 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater
I ran out of DVDs to buy about 5 years back, so only the rare new releases as they come out. I haven't bothered with the Blu-Rays.

Macra Terror last year was the most recent though I have yet to watch it.

9Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Tue 22 Oct 2019, 10:38 pm

Doctor7

This is the book I am getting

10Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Tue 22 Oct 2019, 10:39 pm

Doctor7

Recent Who purchases  41bm5910

11Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Tue 22 Oct 2019, 10:49 pm

iank

iank
Series 6 Blu ray.
I only have a few of New Who on Blu ray (1, mainly for Empty Child and because there was something very off with the audio on the series 1 DVD set... so low), 5, 6 and 7 (because I never bought it on DVD at the time and when I decided to give it another go a year or so back I got the Blu for the same price as the DVD set on eBay) and one half of series 10 (same reason).
I just can't bring myself to "upgrade" any of the Tennant seasons... LOL

12Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Tue 22 Oct 2019, 10:57 pm

ClockworkOcean

ClockworkOcean
Dick Tater
@Doctor7 wrote:Recent Who purchases  41bm5910

I just bought this myself the other day, along with the Big Finish adaption of Shada.

13Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Wed 23 Oct 2019, 12:48 am

Doctor7

It is A very good book going to buy the doctor who handbooks at some point too.

14Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Wed 23 Oct 2019, 9:52 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko
The last book in the BBC range of Past Doctor adventures, purchased recently.  I just never got round to buying/reading it (probably because it was released back in 2005 and I was then, no doubt, too NuWho'd-up to notice. Oh, the shame! Embarassed ).

Recent Who purchases  Aaa_at10

15Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Thu 24 Oct 2019, 7:33 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
@Kaijuko wrote:The last book in the BBC range of Past Doctor adventures, purchased recently.  I just never got round to buying/reading it (probably because it was released back in 2005 and I was then, no doubt, too NuWho'd-up to notice. Oh, the shame! Embarassed ).

Nice. I'm also attempting to obtain all 73 Eighth Doctor books for my collection as a personal mission (it's my favourite era of Who, and I read all 73 in PDF formats, so I want to have proper texture and a proper feeling when reading it in physical form). So far, I only have 32. After that, I'll attempt to get all 76 PDAS as well.

16Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Fri 25 Oct 2019, 8:18 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
I've bought and been reading this lately.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1700409743/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Basically it's a long list of reasons the Whittaker Doctor fell flat for the author, and felt such a departure from the show.

It's a brick of a volume though.

17Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Sat 26 Oct 2019, 7:40 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko
@Tanmann wrote:I've bought and been reading this lately.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1700409743/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Basically it's a long list of reasons the Whittaker Doctor fell flat for the author, and felt such a departure from the show.

It's a brick of a volume though.

Hmm, this looks fascinating- I may consider buying it myself.  Thanks for the heads-up.

18Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Sat 26 Oct 2019, 7:49 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko
@SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:
@Kaijuko wrote:The last book in the BBC range of Past Doctor adventures, purchased recently.  I just never got round to buying/reading it (probably because it was released back in 2005 and I was then, no doubt, too NuWho'd-up to notice. Oh, the shame! Embarassed ).

Nice. I'm also attempting to obtain all 73 Eighth Doctor books for my collection as a personal mission (it's my favourite era of Who, and I read all 73 in PDF formats, so I want to have proper texture and a proper feeling when reading it in physical form). So far, I only have 32. After that, I'll attempt to get all 76 PDAS as well.

While I can't say it's my favourite era of Who, I've certainly enjoyed an awful lot of the EDA's and am currently re-reading the rather marvellous 'The Scarlet Empress' by Paul Magrs -it's an absolutely smashing book.

Recent Who purchases  Aaa_4610

19Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Sat 26 Oct 2019, 6:15 pm

Indrid Mercury

Indrid Mercury
Just ordered The Wheel In Space audio CD.

Recent Who purchases  51qgp710

20Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Sat 26 Oct 2019, 10:25 pm

iank

iank
(Wheel In Space animation gets announced today)

Wink

21Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Sat 26 Oct 2019, 10:58 pm

Indrid Mercury

Indrid Mercury
@iank wrote:(Wheel In Space animation gets announced today)

Wink

I was collecting the soundtracks anyway....
I'm that much of a completest. Wink

22Recent Who purchases  Empty Re: Recent Who purchases on Thu 14 Nov 2019, 1:57 am

iank

iank
Season 18 and Season 10 blu rays. Both look great.
Feel ripped off by the US 12 blu ray. Looks like shit. Can only conclude it's because it's US, though why is baffling given I've bought plenty of US Blus before and they sure as shit don't have that juddering thing going on...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum