8 posters

Power Vs Evil

Power vs Evil I_vote_lcap36%Power vs Evil I_vote_rcap 36% [ 4 ]
Power vs Evil I_vote_lcap64%Power vs Evil I_vote_rcap 64% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Power vs Evil Empty Power vs Evil 6th October 2019, 6:51 pm

REDACTED

Which David Whitaker Dalek story gets your vote?

2Power vs Evil Empty Re: Power vs Evil 6th October 2019, 7:50 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Power for me. Evil has a fantastic beginning and ending, but the episodes that are focused in the house drag out the story for me. I end up getting bored in those episodes, while Power's pace feels smooth and every episode felt important.

3Power vs Evil Empty Re: Power vs Evil 6th October 2019, 8:58 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Power. Evil is superb, but there’s an unsurpassable dread and genuine atmosphere to Power which I can’t help but be drawn to. I’d also argue that the Daleks are presented at their absolute best in Power, scheming and manipulating without being turned into caricatures, and with intelligently implicit direction to showcase this. Evil is similar, but isn’t as tightly written and doesn’t have the same atmosphere. Although I must say that I consider both of these to be amongst the absolute best Dalek stories.

4Power vs Evil Empty Re: Power vs Evil 6th October 2019, 9:40 pm

iank

iank

Evil, albeit by default given I haven't seen 6/7th of it.
I think Power is overrated, and suffers from a lot of the plodding/dull characters also seen in Enemy.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5Power vs Evil Empty Re: Power vs Evil 7th October 2019, 8:40 am

Kaijuko

Kaijuko

I'm very fond of both stories, but I voted for The Evil of the Daleks  - Episode 1 is absolutely smashing and I really like the Holmes & Watson vibe between Jamie and the Doctor as they try to track down the missing Tardis.
There's so much of Wells/Verne/Victoriana in the show's DNA that it amazes me it took them so long to set a story in the 19th Century, but I'm glad they did.

Nice also to see early appearances from Windsor Davies and Brigit Forsythe.

TEOTD -  my all-time favourite Dalek tale - it seems Whitaker understood how to write the Skaro tin pots better than Terry Nation.

Power is a fantastic outing for the Daleks but alas, not quite as good.

Last edited by Kaijuko on 8th October 2019, 7:29 am; edited 1 time in total

6Power vs Evil Empty Re: Power vs Evil 7th October 2019, 2:53 pm

Ludders

Ludders

At the moment I'm going for Evil, but I still haven't had chance to watch my Blu Ray of Power yet, so things could change.

7Power vs Evil Empty Re: Power vs Evil 8th October 2019, 11:45 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Two very good serials. I think Power just edges it for me because of the atmosphere and the Tristram Cary music.

8Power vs Evil Empty Re: Power vs Evil 2nd January 2020, 8:11 am

Rob Filth

Rob Filth

"Power" is the most tightly written & creepier between the two, but I opted for "Evil" purely because I like the varied location settings from modern day England/Victorian times/Skaro & the big booming Emperor Dalek sitting like a spider in a web.

Who can fail but to be won over by Alpha, Beta & Omega crowing "Jaaaaamie!Frieeeeend!"?

There would never be a Dalek story as great as this again until "Genesis"

http://www.thefuckingobvious.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum