You are not connected. Please login or register

Worst Doctor Performance

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Worst Doctor Performance Empty Worst Doctor Performance 2nd October 2019, 7:28 am

REDACTED

Which stories had the worst performances from the original seven Doctors?

2Worst Doctor Performance Empty Re: Worst Doctor Performance 2nd October 2019, 7:42 am

Boofer

Boofer

All of the McCoys.

3Worst Doctor Performance Empty Re: Worst Doctor Performance 2nd October 2019, 8:39 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

This is difficult for TruWho (I can think of many poor Doctor performances in NuWho), but I’ll try:
Hartnell: The Celestial Toymaker (he’s not bad in it, and I loathe the notion that he was a poor actor due to forgetting his lines- he’s just barely in the story and thus hardly leaves an impact).
Troughton: This is difficult, as regardless of the quality of the story, he never seemed to phone it in. I’ll have to think about this one...
Pertwee: The Mutants or Monster Of Peladon. He doesn’t seem especially arsed about them whilst in it, which probably makes sense due to their nondescript nature.
Tom Baker: Underworld, Nightmare Of Eden or The Leisure Hive. In Underworld’s case, as with Pertwee above, he doesn’t seem arsed. In Eden’s case, the overly jovial and parodic nature of his performance tonally clashes with the potentially dark tone of the narrative. In The Leisure Hive’s case, see Underworld, with the addition of looking aged and even less arsed.
Davison: Four to Doomsday and Arc Of Infinity. He seems slightly uncomfortable in the former, and seems to be sleepwalking in the latter.
Colin Baker: The Twin Dilemma or Mindwarp.
McCoy: Time and the Rani and Dragonfire (I’ll defend the guy more than most, but his performance during the Dragonfire cliffhanger is frankly woeful).

4Worst Doctor Performance Empty Re: Worst Doctor Performance 2nd October 2019, 9:12 am

iank

iank

Colin's is definitely Mindwarp. Painfully misjudged.
Tom in Leisure Hive again. As bored as we are.
Seconded Davison in Arc. He's practically in a coma.
Sylv - TATR, where he's clearly uncomfortable, and the "laughing" scenes in Patrol. Not sure what's supposed to be wrong with his performance in Dragonfire...

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5Worst Doctor Performance Empty Re: Worst Doctor Performance 2nd October 2019, 9:15 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

iank wrote:Colin's is definitely Mindwarp. Painfully misjudged.
Tom in Leisure Hive again. As bored as we are.
Seconded Davison in Arc. He's practically in a coma.
Sylv - TATR, where he's clearly uncomfortable, and the "laughing" scenes in Patrol. Not sure what's supposed to be wrong with his performance in Dragonfire...
My main issue is the face he pulls whilst dangling from the ice cliff face. It just comes across as unintentionally hilarious. But yeah- Time and the Rani is probably his absolute worst.

6Worst Doctor Performance Empty Re: Worst Doctor Performance 2nd October 2019, 9:17 am

iank

iank

lol Forgot about that bit. Probably best to blame the director. Big Grin
Like that bit where he pulls faces in Ghost Light. They told him to do it because they were going to put effects over his face like he was being attacked... and then never did! LOL

If we're going to include bits like that though... I nominate all Pert's daft face-pulling moments too then! Wink

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

7Worst Doctor Performance Empty Re: Worst Doctor Performance 2nd October 2019, 9:20 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

iank wrote:lol Forgot about that bit. Probably best to blame the director. Big Grin
Like that bit where he pulls faces in Ghost Light. They told him to do it because they were going to put effects over his face like he was being attacked... and then never did! LOL

If we're going to include bits like that though... I nominate all Pert's daft face-pulling moments too then! Wink
Can’t disagree with any of that. The thing about Pertwee is that he’s otherwise the most stern and serious Doctor, yet the faces he pulls whilst being tortured are just ridiculous. LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum