You are not connected. Please login or register

BBC Animation Survey

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 BBC Animation Survey on Fri Feb 10, 2017 11:39 pm

BBC Worldwide are apparently sending surveys to those who bought Power online asking how they feel about future animations.

"In this short survey we'd like to know what you thought of 'Power of the Daleks', and how you would feel about further animations. "

Selected questions:
"If the BBC commissioned more animations of unaired or lost Doctor Who episodes, one option would be to edit the original stories into shorter versions for the purposes of the animation. How would you feel about this hypothetical situation?"

""Another option might be to combine live action scenes from the original televised episodes (where available) with animated sections in areas where no original film still exists. How would you feel about this hypothetical situation?"

"Are there any unaired or lost episodes that you would particularly like to see animated in the future? If so, please list them below."

I don't mind the idea of combining them really but fuck off with shortening them. Looks like we're in for more anyway.

View user profile

2 Re: BBC Animation Survey on Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:50 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
I almost bought Power today, but I bottled it and decided I'd rather watch it to see if I like it before paying for it. They didn't have a huge collection of classic who, just a bunch I already had and some I'm not familliar with so I left them.

The sad part is I bought series 9, even though I haven't seen that and only have the first 3 series on DVD. I'm glad they're no long in the big packages and looking at the discs, the cute UNIT agent with the question marks on her collars is back. That's something to look forward too I suppose, that and being caught up on what people keep complaining about.

I hope the Zygon story is decent, at least.

View user profile http://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

3 Re: BBC Animation Survey on Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:46 pm

lol I just this morning decided to buckle and give the Crapoldie era another go and bought the cheapest DVDs of series 8 and 9 I could find on eBay.
I'll no doubt regret it...

View user profile

4 Re: BBC Animation Survey on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:17 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
I do. I've watched the first 4 episodes and they're 0 for 4 so far. All they had to do was tell a simple ghost story and they screwed it up again. The ghost design was awful and the monster was weak.

The next episodes look to be the ones with the Game of Thrones girl. No

If the nearest HMV wasn't over an hour away I'd take it back and use the money to buy something more entertaining, like enough laxatives to overdose.

Shame, series 5 and 8 were probably my favourite of nuwho. That's a sad thing to say.

Last edited by Dick Tater on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

5 Re: BBC Animation Survey on Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:19 pm

Aw, shucks. Confused Sad Laughing

View user profile

6 Re: BBC Animation Survey on Sat Feb 11, 2017 11:29 pm

the cute UNIT agent with the question marks on her collars is back. That's something to look forward too I suppose

That was all I was looking forward to in series 9 too LOL

View user profile

7 Re: BBC Animation Survey on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:08 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
I'm just starting the Zygon story now, unless something happens to her in this or the rest of the series, they really messed up by not making her the next companion.

Was that a Hartnell portrait on the wall of the UNIT base?*

I was going to say The Woman Who Lived was okay, then a fire breathing lion-man showed up. Rolling Eyes

EDIT*: Turns out it was.

8 Re: BBC Animation Survey on Sun Feb 12, 2017 2:53 pm

It's a shame you didn't like the ghost two-parter, the second episode was weak, as that was the best for me. The Zygon one was very popular but certain things spoiled it. The series does pick up towards the end and then just ....

You'll see Wink

View user profile

9 Re: BBC Animation Survey on Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:18 pm

Adam Ant Driver

Dick Tater
The first part of the ghost story was decent and I liked the cliffhanger, the monster in the second part was weak and they overcomplicated it as usual.

The DVD includes a small trivia book that states the ghost design was inspired by Peter Cushing in Tales From the Crypt, it's a shame a film from 1972 looks a lot better than the episode. The CGI on the eyes was horrible, there were times you could see the texture stay still while the heads moved.

That fire breating lion, though. What were they thinking? He only did it once and it had no effect on the plot.

The plot description in the box for "Sleep No More" makes it sound like a mockumentary. It says nothing other than it's compiled from old footage and the BBC thanks the souls that allowed it to happen. I'm looking forward to that, it certainly got me interested in seeing it.

10 Re: BBC Animation Survey on Sun Feb 12, 2017 3:24 pm

Dick Tater wrote:

That fire breating lion, though. What were they thinking?

Thundercats?

View user profile

11 Re: BBC Animation Survey on Thu Jun 22, 2017 10:30 am

There's some talk of an animation or two possibly coming. Seems likely there'll be something brewing in the gap once the current series finishes next week. So what would you expect or want to be next?

View user profile

12 Re: BBC Animation Survey on Thu Jun 22, 2017 4:22 pm

Evil of the Daleks would be my pick, or Fury. Something with Victoria [I watched Ice Warriors episodes one and two lately and I'm really fond of her]

View user profile

13 Re: BBC Animation Survey on Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:49 pm

Steve Roberts has been on GB saying that no Troughton is being animated, and then added nor is any Hartnell. Somebody responded with this:

Do you reckon they would or should animate Shada? I have been very happy with what there is of it. Would like more of course but they don't need to do the whole thing, just the gaps.

View user profile

14 Re: BBC Animation Survey on Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:15 pm

Given Levine already did one (and if they wanted Tom all they'd have to do is add his voice in instead), it would be a tremendous waste of resources when they've got oodles of fucking missing episodes left to do.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum