You are not connected. Please login or register

Greatest decade for everything?

+3
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
burrunjor
ClockworkOcean
7 posters

Best decade for everything?

Greatest decade for everything? I_vote_lcap0%Greatest decade for everything? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Greatest decade for everything? I_vote_lcap0%Greatest decade for everything? I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Greatest decade for everything? I_vote_lcap50%Greatest decade for everything? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 1 ]
Greatest decade for everything? I_vote_lcap50%Greatest decade for everything? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Greatest decade for everything? Empty Greatest decade for everything? 14th September 2019, 10:34 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Greatest decade for everything? Vnpk10

Yes.

2Greatest decade for everything? Empty Re: Greatest decade for everything? 14th September 2019, 10:39 pm

iank

iank

It was tough to choose, but in the end I went for the 80s.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

3Greatest decade for everything? Empty Re: Greatest decade for everything? 14th September 2019, 10:40 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

iank wrote:It was tough to choose, but in the end I went for the 80s.

Good man.

4Greatest decade for everything? Empty Re: Greatest decade for everything? 15th September 2019, 12:32 am

Ludders

Ludders

I think those you who experienced the 80s through the rosy glow of childhood were lucky in the sense that you didn't have to confront the reality of how shit it was as an adult. The best thing about the 80s for adults was that we had previous decades to fall back on.
Before Margaret Thatcher destroyed our manufacturing base, making our GDP reliant on the finance sector, and creating a debt based economy through deregulation, and implementing free market neoliberalism alongside Ronald Reagan.
Before music was proliferated with talentless warriors of the keyboard that did everything for you at the touch of a button, in order to save people from actually having to learn to play an instrument, let alone to levels much higher than mere proficiency.
Before Dr Who declined to a level where you had to cherry pick the classics from a multitude of stories that were merely OK, or just terrible. The decade where the cult of populism began to seep not only into Dr Who, via its reliance on guest stars began replace good writing, but in culture in general. The decade where appearances became more important than substance. The birth of political correctness. The commodification of art. Profit over creativity. The adoption of the I'm Alright Jack mentality en masse. The pied piper of Downing Street fostering material greed, leading the pigs by the nose by waving a credit card at them, as the City of London assumes control of our economy.
Today on Play School we're looking through the Overton window at a decade where everything that led to everything you hate now, began.
Dystopian future? We're living it now, and this is where it began.
Where is the line between reality and satire drawn? You decide. Lol

5Greatest decade for everything? Empty Re: Greatest decade for everything? 15th September 2019, 12:46 am

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Ronnie wrote:I think those you who experienced the 80s through the rosy glow of childhood were lucky in the sense that you didn't have to confront the reality of how shit it was as an adult. The best thing about the 80s for adults was that we had previous decades to fall back on.
Before Margaret Thatcher destroyed our manufacturing base, making our GDP reliant on the finance sector, and creating a debt based economy through deregulation, and implementing free market neoliberalism alongside Ronald Reagan.
Before music was proliferated with talentless warriors of the keyboard that did everything for you at the touch of a button, in order to save people from actually having to learn to play an instrument, let alone to levels much higher than mere proficiency.
Before Dr Who declined to a level where you had to cherry pick the classics from a multitude of stories that were merely OK, or just terrible. The decade where the cult of populism began to seep not only into Dr Who,  via its reliance on guest stars began replace good writing, but in culture in general. The decade where appearances became more important than substance. The birth of political correctness. The commodification of art. Profit over creativity. The adoption of the I'm Alright Jack mentality en masse. The pied piper of Downing Street fostering material greed, leading the pigs by the nose by waving a credit card at them, as the City of London assumes control of our economy.
Today on Play School we're looking through the Overton window at a decade  where everything that led to everything you hate now, began.
Dystopian future? We're living it now, and this is where it began.

post of the day

6Greatest decade for everything? Empty Re: Greatest decade for everything? 15th September 2019, 10:41 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ronnie wrote:

Were you born a fool or has the condition developed over time? I've never read so much rubbish!

7Greatest decade for everything? Empty Re: Greatest decade for everything? 15th September 2019, 10:50 am

burrunjor

burrunjor

I went for the 1910s. I can't think of anything bad that happened in that decade?

8Greatest decade for everything? Empty Re: Greatest decade for everything? 15th September 2019, 10:55 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

burrunjor wrote:I went for the 1910s. I can't think of anything bad that happened in that decade?

The 1910 Frankenstein short film is an absolute disaster and caused many men to bash their heads against the wall in utter frustration. Few recovered.

Last edited by Pepsi Maxil on 15th September 2019, 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

9Greatest decade for everything? Empty Re: Greatest decade for everything? 15th September 2019, 11:19 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Ronnie wrote:
Before Dr Who declined to a level where you had to cherry pick the classics from a multitude of stories that were merely OK, or just terrible. The decade where the cult of populism began to seep not only into Dr Who,  via its reliance on guest stars began replace good writing, but in culture in general. The decade where appearances became more important than substance.

Still reguarly beat the shit out of the likes of Planet of Spiders and Terror of the Autons, though.

10Greatest decade for everything? Empty Re: Greatest decade for everything? 15th September 2019, 2:17 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

All decades have their major disadvantages so I don't really think that there is a perfect decade at all really. Even with how great the 70s, 80s and 90s were, there is always something to bog it down. I'll probably just go with the 90s as my favourite decade.

11Greatest decade for everything? Empty Re: Greatest decade for everything? 15th September 2019, 3:24 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Pepsi Maxil wrote:Were you born a fool or has the condition developed over time? I've never read so much rubbish!

Greatest decade for everything? 3am3r3via Imgflip Meme Generator

12Greatest decade for everything? Empty Re: Greatest decade for everything? 15th September 2019, 9:48 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Ronnie wrote:
Before Dr Who declined to a level where you had to cherry pick the classics from a multitude of stories that were merely OK, or just terrible. The decade where the cult of populism began to seep not only into Dr Who,  via its reliance on guest stars began replace good writing, but in culture in general. The decade where appearances became more important than substance.

Still reguarly beat the shit out of the likes of Planet of Spiders and Terror of the Autons, though.

You know I'm with Ronnie on this, don't you?

13Greatest decade for everything? Empty Re: Greatest decade for everything? 15th September 2019, 9:52 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:
Pepsi Maxil wrote:
Ronnie wrote:

You know I'm with Ronnie on this, don't you?

You guys booked the hotel room yet?

14Greatest decade for everything? Empty Re: Greatest decade for everything? 15th September 2019, 9:56 pm

iank

iank

I'm with Pepsi on this. Big Grin

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum