The Hive

You are not connected. Please login or register

Colin Baker era opinions?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Colin Baker era opinions? on Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:17 am

Utter hamminess doesn't translate so well in audio form.

27 Re: Colin Baker era opinions? on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:16 am

Which is why Colin's by far the best audio Doctor. Big Grin

View user profile

28 Re: Colin Baker era opinions? on Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:49 pm

Mr. Happy wrote:I think that Toiletman is confusing the Colin Baker era with this:

Actually, I'd watch this for a week straight before I'd suffer even 10 minutes of Trial

JNT gives us an extreme Doctor, in the way that Rob Liefeld comics, Poochie from the Simpsons, and Mountain Dew Code Red are extreme: A crude version of the good stuff that equates being louder with being more awesome.
The obnoxiousness of the Doctor's personality might have worked better if they hired someone who could actually act, but all the audience got was horrible OTT pantomiming flaring nostrils.
View user profile

29 Re: Colin Baker era opinions? on Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:46 pm

BobDominelliSudbury wrote:
Mr. Happy wrote:I think that Toiletman is confusing the Colin Baker era with this:

Actually, I'd watch this for a week straight before I'd suffer even 10 minutes of Trial

Last edited by Commander Maxil on Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:02 pm; edited 3 times in total

30 Re: Colin Baker era opinions? on Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:15 pm

I saw Terror Of The Vervoids again recently, I still find it a guilty pleasure. Camp but funny one-liners and that twist in the tale at the end... whilst I do find Time And The Rani a cringe fest despite O'Mara's performance and the bubble traps - for some reason the Bakers seemed more comfortable writing for their namesake playing the Doctor. In my opinion!

View user profile

31 Re: Colin Baker era opinions? on Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:20 pm

I believe TATR was originally written to be Colin's regeneration story.

View user profile

32 Re: Colin Baker era opinions? on Tue Feb 27, 2018 10:47 pm

@iank wrote:I believe TATR was originally written to be Colin's regeneration story.

Works better as an introduction story. It is almost too lightweight to be a Doctor's regeneration story. As much as I love the story it would have been a disaster for the Sixth Doctor's reputation had he starred in it. His reputation isn't perfect that it would be almost basement level if he had something like that ending his era.

33 Re: Colin Baker era opinions? on Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:27 pm

View user profile

34 Re: Colin Baker era opinions? on Sun May 20, 2018 11:39 am

View user profile

35 Re: Colin Baker era opinions? on Fri Oct 12, 2018 5:54 pm

@Mott1 wrote:I saw Terror Of The Vervoids again recently, I still find it a guilty pleasure. Camp but funny one-liners and that twist in the tale at the end... whilst I do find Time And The Rani a cringe fest despite O'Mara's performance and the bubble traps - for some reason the Bakers seemed more comfortable writing for their namesake playing the Doctor. In my opinion!

I've warmed to Vervoids. I actually like the Six/Mel combination better than Six/Peri. I also like the Malcolm Clarke score and some of the guest stars. The downside to the story is the Vervoids themselves.

I don't dislike Trial as much as I used to. It holds up remarkably well considering all the behind the scenes stuff that was going on at the time. I think I wanted it to be better than was realistically possible.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum