Ludders
stengos
Tanmann
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
REDACTED
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 3:00 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Classic (special mentions are for The Web Planet (which is admittedly slowly growing on me), The Ark, The Underwater Menace, The Space Pirates, Revenge of the Cybermen, The Invasion Of Time, Arc Of Infinity, all of season 23 and Paradise Towers):
10. The Dominators
9. The King’s Demons
8. The Twin Dilemma
7. Timelash
6. The Mutants (decent script and concept, appalling execution)
5. The Time Monster
4. Time and the Rani
3. Time-Flight
2. Underworld
1. Warriors of the Deep

New (this will be hard- special mentions are for The Idiot’s Lantern, Doomsday, Last Of The Time Lords, The Doctor’s Daughter, Journey’s End, Planet Of The Dead, Let’s Kill Hitler, The Wedding Of River Song, Asylum of the Daleks, Dinosaurs on a Spaceship, Nightmare in Silver, Kill the Moon, In the Forest of the Night, etc- there are too many to count):
10. Partners in Crime
9. The End Of Time
8. Love and Monsters
7. Fear Her
6. The Tsuranga Conundrum (or however it’s spelt)
5. New Earth
4. Death In Heaven/ The Magician’s Apprentice tied (they’re both two ends of the same stick of shit as far as I’m concerned)
3. Hell Bent
2. Twice Upon a Turd
1. Arachnids in the UK

Last edited by Bernard Marx on 29th August 2019, 3:18 pm; edited 2 times in total

27Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 3:09 pm

Ludders

Ludders

@stegnos
Yes, but why would I want to put myself through all that? Lol
Besides as I say, I really wouldn't know where to start, as I could probably list all the New Who episodes I find acceptable, without even going into double figures. ;-)
Edit: sorry I can't seem to access the buttons to quote when I'm using my phone.

28Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 3:13 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ronnie wrote:@stegnos
Yes, but why would I want to put myself through all that? Lol
Besides as I say, I really wouldn't know where to start, as I could probably list all the New Who episodes I find acceptable, without even going into double figures. ;-)
Edit: sorry I can't seem to access the buttons to quote when I'm using my phone.
Go into the web version when using your phone if you want to quote, as it gives you an optional icon ‘quote’ on the respective post. It’s much easier that way- I do that.

29Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 3:16 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Thanks Bernie.
I may call you Bernie, mayn't I?

30Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 3:17 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ronnie wrote:Thanks Bernie.
I may call you Bernie, mayn't I?
Of course. Though I’d prefer ‘Marx’ myself. Smile

31Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 3:19 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Actually, I think I am on the Web version but I still don't see any buttons, apart from the edit and delete function.
No matter, I'll get by. :-)

32Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 3:20 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Any excuse for a Troughton quote though. ;-)

33Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 3:23 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Having said all that, I still plan to watch Twice upon a Time and Resolution at some point soon, but that's probably as much New Who as I can manage in one year. Lol

34Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 3:24 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

You sure you’re on the Web version? Is there a link to the ‘mobile version’ at the bottom of the page? If not, you’re on the mobile version. Press the icon on the furthest top right of the screen if so, and you can get into the web version. There should be a quote option after that.

Never mind. It’s pretty much arbitrary anyway.

35Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 3:30 pm

Ludders

Ludders

Ah!
I see what you mean, thanks.
It's on the hamburger drop drown thingy.
I think I'll stick with the mobile version though because having to navigate whilst zoomed up to be able to read anything is a pain in the arse on the Web version.
But thanks anyway for the tech support.

36Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 3:33 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Yeah- I only use the web version if I want to specifically quote someone, as it is a royal pain in the arse otherwise. Glad I could help, anyway!

37Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 5:13 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Classic and NuWho combined:

1. Arachnids in the UK
2. The Tsuranga Conundrum
3. Twice Upon a Time
4. The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos
5. Kerblam
6. Resolution
7. The Ghost Monument
8. The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar
9. Hell Bent
10. Dark Water/Death in Heaven

Nothing from TruWho made the cut, and to my surprise, neither did anything from the RTD era. It was inevitable that Series 11 would comprise at least 50% of the list due to its indescribably abysmal acting and storytelling, and the Capaldi era's postmodern desecrations of beloved classic series icons drowned out the awful yet less damaging dregs of the RTD era. Not even Warriors of the Deep stood a chance of making it into the top twenty.

38Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 5:21 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

ClockworkOcean wrote:Classic and NuWho combined:

1. Arachnids in the UK
2. The Tsuranga Conundrum
3. Twice Upon a Time
4. The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos
5. Kerblam
6. Resolution
7. The Ghost Monument
8. The Magician's Apprentice/The Witch's Familiar
9. Hell Bent
10. Dark Water/Death in Heaven

Nothing from TruWho made the cut, and to my surprise, neither did anything from the RTD era. It was inevitable that Series 11 would comprise at least 50% of the list due to its indescribably abysmal acting and storytelling, and the Capaldi era's postmodern desecrations of beloved classic series icons drowned out the awful yet less damaging dregs of the RTD era. Not even Warriors of the Deep stood a chance of making it into the top twenty.
To be honest, I’d have probably included a myriad more series 11 stories if I’d actually properly watched them. Arachnids and Tsuranga were the only two I actually sat down to watch- the first three episodes were basically background noise whilst I was busy with other things, and I skipped the rest of the season. I caught the last 10 minutes of Rosa whilst paying attention, though- the implementation of that song and the sheer mawkishness of the scenes made me feel physically sick, so it’d probably be on my list if I watched it in full.

And my New Who list is also a worst of all time list.

39Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 5:33 pm

Doctor7

I will admit lets kill Hitler has a lot of flaws

40Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 9:22 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Some of these stories I haven't watched since they aired. I really have no desire to watch anything post-Series 5 again.

41Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 9:58 pm

iank

iank

Hey come on, Maxil. There are some good ones post-5. Impossible Astronaut, Night Terrors, Girl Who Waited, God Complex, Crimson Horror are all fine to great. Even Capaldi's era has a few gems like Deep Breath, Mummy on the Orient Express, the Under the Lake 2parter, The Pilot and Oxygen. Wink

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

42Top 10 worst Who stories - Page 2 Empty Re: Top 10 worst Who stories 29th August 2019, 10:03 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Maybe I'll wait until they do a "special edition" version of each episode where they digitally insert McCoy into every episode and then I'll watch them LOL

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum