You are not connected. Please login or register

Owen Jones

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Owen Jones Empty Owen Jones 27th August 2019, 9:29 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Hi I've had a busy and productive day totally pwning that soy drinking coward Owen Jones from behind my anonymous Twitter account.

What you been doing?

2Owen Jones Empty Re: Owen Jones 27th August 2019, 10:37 pm

Mott1

Mott1

Owen Jones actually got me feeling sorry for a religious figure in a tv interview, when the man in question was verbally attacked by Jones and not allowed to defend himself.

3Owen Jones Empty Re: Owen Jones 27th August 2019, 10:47 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I’ve drifted away from reading The Guardian over the last two years, which I know Jones writes for. I assume it’s not popular around here, but I used to rate it, though drifted after they started becoming hyperbolic and rhetoric towards those who disliked allegedly progressive media which was actually the antithesis of such (The Last Jedi, Ghostbusters 2016, New Who, etc), and to those who propose any dissenting view to those that conform to the Guardian’s politics (though I still check it out for actual news as opposed to their opinion pieces). But I’m not well versed on Owen Jones for some reason. Is he an arse?

4Owen Jones Empty Re: Owen Jones 27th August 2019, 10:50 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The Guardian is a load of ******* ***** and that's being kind!

5Owen Jones Empty Re: Owen Jones 27th August 2019, 10:52 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Commander Maxil wrote:The Guardian is a load of ******* ***** and that's being kind!
Yeah- I know. It only took me a few years to realise this. LOL
Although it’s difficult to find a decent news outlet these days anyway.

6Owen Jones Empty Re: Owen Jones 27th August 2019, 10:53 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Bernard Marx wrote:
Commander Maxil wrote:The Guardian is a load of ******* ***** and that's being kind!

That's very true. Still, anything's better than the Scum. My grandad used to read it and I would often wait until he had left the room to take a quick peek at the Page 3 girl Big Grin The paper itself is trash.

7Owen Jones Empty Re: Owen Jones 27th August 2019, 10:56 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Commander Maxil wrote:
Bernard Marx wrote:

That's very true. Still, anything's better than the Scum.
Yeah, the Scum is fucking shite, and downright insidious- that’s usually why I opted for the Guardian newspaper. I recognise how crap so many of the opinion sections are, and I rejected the newspaper completely after I read this pile of shite:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/film/2018/jun/25/the-last-jedi-what-would-the-200m-fan-funded-remake-look-like

But it’s either that, or the even more deluded tabloids, so it’s a lose-lose situation. Why is everything so fucking Orwellian? Why is no news source not completely disingenuous?

In the end, I plough through and still read the newspaper, though only for news updates. I’ll occasionally check out a film section if it’s by an esteemed reviewer who isn’t clearly bought off, though this seems increasingly rare today. Most of their film reviews have traditionally been rubbish anyway.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum