You are not connected. Please login or register

Best decade of TruWho

+4
Tanmann
Bernard Marx
Ludders
stengos
8 posters

Which is your preferred decade of TruWho?

Best decade of TruWho I_vote_lcap30%Best decade of TruWho I_vote_rcap 30% [ 3 ]
Best decade of TruWho I_vote_lcap60%Best decade of TruWho I_vote_rcap 60% [ 6 ]
Best decade of TruWho I_vote_lcap10%Best decade of TruWho I_vote_rcap 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best decade of TruWho Empty Best decade of TruWho 27th August 2019, 11:10 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Which decade was the peak for the Classic series? Although many would choose the 1970s, I personally prefer 60s Who due to the unbeatable surreal and alien atmosphere to so much of it, although in terms of stories, the 70s may objectively feature more consistently brilliant ones (although the crap 70s stories are certainly worse than the worst of 60s Who). And to clarify- I also love 80s Who, unlike many others (some of whom believe New Who to actually be superior).

2Best decade of TruWho Empty Re: Best decade of TruWho 27th August 2019, 11:30 am

stengos

stengos

The seventies.

I find the sixties bitty because so much is missing.

I liked the eighties aswell, particularly the Eric / JNT years.

3Best decade of TruWho Empty Re: Best decade of TruWho 27th August 2019, 11:42 am

Ludders

Ludders

The '70s isn't called the golden era for nothing. Wink

Although if I had the choice my 10yr preference would be 1968-1977. Big Grin

4Best decade of TruWho Empty Re: Best decade of TruWho 27th August 2019, 4:42 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

The 70's. Mainly on the strength of Inferno, Genesis, Seeds of Doom, The Deadly Assassin, Robots of Death, Talons, Horror of Fang Rock and City of Death.

Last edited by Tanmann on 27th August 2019, 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

5Best decade of TruWho Empty Re: Best decade of TruWho 27th August 2019, 4:44 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Tanmann wrote:The 70's. Mainly on the strength of Inferno, Genesis, Seeds of Doom, Robots of Death, Horror of Fang Rock and City of Death.
Can’t deny that all of those are absolute classics- though Genesis is probably very slightly overrated on the grounds that most regard it as the best of all time, whereas I prefer every other story you mention here to it.

6Best decade of TruWho Empty Re: Best decade of TruWho 27th August 2019, 4:45 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I'm probably biased toward Genesis as it was the story that made me a fan, and showed me that Doctor Who was serious business.

7Best decade of TruWho Empty Re: Best decade of TruWho 27th August 2019, 4:50 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I've gone for the 80s purely because of the last three seasons.

8Best decade of TruWho Empty Re: Best decade of TruWho 27th August 2019, 5:07 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

You sure you have, because your vote isn't showing?

9Best decade of TruWho Empty Re: Best decade of TruWho 27th August 2019, 5:10 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Tanmann wrote:You sure you have, because your vote isn't showing?

Should be now.

10Best decade of TruWho Empty Re: Best decade of TruWho 27th August 2019, 5:48 pm

REDACTED

60's

11Best decade of TruWho Empty Re: Best decade of TruWho 27th August 2019, 6:01 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

It's weird. I'd say that the golden age of Classic Who is 1964-1977, but I love 1984-1989 and 1997-early 2005. I might just go for the 60s, but it's hard to choose.

12Best decade of TruWho Empty Re: Best decade of TruWho 27th August 2019, 10:27 pm

iank

iank

It really is very difficult, which shows how great classic Who was. I went for the 60s as I think it was consistently solid. I love the 70s but large chunks of the Pertwee era do rather leave me a tad cold, and while I love the likes of 22 and the McCoy era the 80s has Trial in it. Eww.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum