You are not connected. Please login or register

Worst season of New Who prior to series 11

+4
ClockworkOcean
stengos
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
Tanmann
8 posters

Worst New Who season (excluding series 11)

Worst season of New Who prior to series 11 I_vote_lcap9%Worst season of New Who prior to series 11 I_vote_rcap 9% [ 1 ]
Worst season of New Who prior to series 11 I_vote_lcap36%Worst season of New Who prior to series 11 I_vote_rcap 36% [ 4 ]
Worst season of New Who prior to series 11 I_vote_lcap0%Worst season of New Who prior to series 11 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Worst season of New Who prior to series 11 I_vote_lcap0%Worst season of New Who prior to series 11 I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Worst season of New Who prior to series 11 I_vote_lcap9%Worst season of New Who prior to series 11 I_vote_rcap 9% [ 1 ]
Worst season of New Who prior to series 11 I_vote_lcap45%Worst season of New Who prior to series 11 I_vote_rcap 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Worst season of New Who prior to series 11 Empty Worst season of New Who prior to series 11 20th August 2019, 3:22 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Prior to series 11 (the obvious choice), which New Who season was the most execrable?

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I voted Series 9.

For the same reasons as Series 8, but at least that started well.

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Series 8 for me. The three episodes that I only enjoy are Time Heist, Mummy on the Orient Express and Flatline. Even then, Time Heist is like a 7/10, Flatline is like an 8/10 and Mummy is a 9/10. If you asked me 2 years ago, I honestly would have said Series 6, but in hindsight, I think that I was far too harsh on it honestly. The story arc completely sucks, but the individual episodes are fantastic, so I've softened towards it, even if I hate Let's Kill Hitler as much as Hell Bent.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I lean towards either series 2, 8 or 9. I’ve just realised how crap I usually am at voting. Smile

stengos

stengos

Series 9.

Largely because Capaldi could have been a superb Doctor but he was phenemonally let down by the scripts Moffat wrote or commissioned. There is just no justice in the world. Even with The Husbands of River Song you can tell there is a great actor in there crying out for some decent material but Moffat is death as a post and can't hear him.

But also because i have just finished this season and, with the excepion of the Whithouse 2-parter, i couldnt stand it.

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

Series 2 is probably the weakest on the whole, and is easily surpassed by the best of Series 9. It's just a pity that the catastrophic lows of Series 9 damage the credibility of the highs by association.

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

ClockworkOcean wrote:Series 2 is probably the weakest on the whole, and is easily surpassed by the best of Series 9. It's just a pity that the catastrophic lows of Series 9 damage the credibility of the highs by association.
I am agreed somewhat. I think that series 2 is consistently shit with only two exceptions (Tooth and Claw and The Impossible Planet, and a few scenes from The Girl in the Fireplace), but series 8 and 9 have much lower lows yet higher highs (especially in the case of Heaven Sent, which I know is divisive around here), though have also compromised New Who as a whole completely (not that it wasn’t a bit rubbish beforehand).

iank

iank

I went for 2 but it is a tossup between it, 8 and 9.
2 really started the rot though. Whatever you think of series 1, IMHO it was a solid enough foundation to build on if they went in the right direction from there. They chose to go the other way instead.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Series 4, 6 and 9.

Mott1

Mott1

9. Utter gash, for the most part - Hell Bent, the dalek disaster: when they got defeated by sewage it made the various indignities heaped on the cybermen seem bearable, The Girl Who Died with its zz top / noggin the nog scene, and even Heaven Sent was pretentious. 2 saw the series get more puerile but like 3 it had its occasional moments.

8 and 9 really saw an extraordinary amount of crud even for nu who - the forest one, the robin hood one, Death In Heaven...

Despite the character of Bill being a bbc wet dream at least she wasn't as obnoxious as Clara... so 10 wasn't the trainwreck I suspected it'd be. Then I saw the finale...

Last edited by Mott1 on 20th August 2019, 10:44 pm; edited 2 times in total

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Series 10 had such a wonderful TARDIS team. I wish they'd all stayed on for another series.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum