You are not connected. Please login or register

Which incarnation or incarnations of the doctor are the darkest?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Doctor7

Which incarnation or incarnations of The Doctor are the darkest?

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Troughton, Tom, Colin, McCoy, and (sometimes) McGann.

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Hartnell, Troughton, McCoy and McGann are the darkest Doctors for me. Although, personally I tend to think that McCoy is more angsty than manipulative, especially after reading the VNA'S. The stuff that Hartnell and McGann (in EDA books especially) do can border on the levels of antihero, or even anti villain.

Hartnell: The Daleks- Deliberately messes up the Tardis fluid links, just so he can explore further more into Skaro, putting his own granddaughter in danger.
The Massacre- Deliberately ensures that history takes its course by letting thousands of Huguenots die, knowing full well that Steven liked Anne Chaplet and would likely be killed in the Massacre.

McGann: The Banquo Legacy- Fakes his own death by stuffing his clothes with sticks, and throwing it on a snowy hill, so he could lure a Time Lord agent into a false sense of security, while he could search for an inhibitor that prevented him from regenerating, knowing full well that his companions were going to grieve for him.

The Ancestor Cell- Knowing that his enemies were slaughtering Gallifrey and the inhabitants, The Doctor has one final resolution: destroy Gallifrey (I won't say how, because that would involve me to write like 5 long paragraphs about the story arc at that time.) Needless to say, he knows he has to do it, and destroys Gallifrey (oh gee, doesn't that sound familiar. Don't worry, I'll make a separate post soon about NewWho ripping off the EDA'S and Classic Who)

The Burning- After a fire elemental possesses many people and attacks the Army, The Doctor is forced to blow up the village's dam to wash out the creatures, destroying the homes of the town. He also manipulates the main human villain who planned this apocalypse to let his possessed dead stone sister wrap her arms around him, so they could both be caught by the flood while the Doctor watches them and walks away, not bothering to save them.

The Turing Test- The Doctor helps a group of aliens to fix their ship and escape their fight in a war, in the middle of World War 2. For his own gains, because the Tardis is taking too long to repair itself after the destruction of Gallifrey, and he's sick of the Earth at this point. So, he manipulatively bonded with Alan Turing, so he could gain further access to the codebreaker to help the alien race. By doing that, he uses Alan's sexuality as emotional blackmail, and threatened to expose his outing if he didn't give him the codebreaker. Obviously, if you know Turing's history, then this is downright tragic for Turing and cruel on the Doctor's end (albeit he lost his memory after destroying Gallifrey, but still)

There's many more, but these are the more prime examples of Hartnell and McGann being the darkest and most mysterious Doctors.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum