You are not connected. Please login or register

Pertwee era: Best Tardis team?

+3
Bernard Marx
iank
Ludders
7 posters

Pertwee era: Best Tardis team?

Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? I_vote_lcap50%Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? I_vote_rcap 50% [ 5 ]
Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? I_vote_lcap30%Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? I_vote_rcap 30% [ 3 ]
Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? I_vote_lcap20%Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? I_vote_rcap 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? Empty Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? 15th August 2019, 8:59 am

Ludders

Ludders

As with the previous Hartnell/Troughton threads, who's your favourite Tardis team and why?
UNIT characters notwithstanding, it's really just down to 3 companions.

2Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? Empty Re: Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? 15th August 2019, 9:12 am

stengos

stengos

I voted for Liz Shaw. I felt she could be a bit wooden at times but on the whole she was good - both for her acting and for the show.

Normally i would go straight for Sarah Jane / Liz Sladen but i didnt find her that convincing in her first season with Jon. She improved considerably with Tom.

I am not a fan of Jo Grant. Too fawning and sycophantic towards the Doctor.

3Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? Empty Re: Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? 15th August 2019, 9:34 am

Ludders

Ludders

stengos wrote:Liz Shaw. I felt she could be a bit wooden at times.

Most of the time as far as I'm concerned. LOL I'm afraid was never a fan of Liz.

stengos wrote:I am not a fan of Jo Grant. Too fawning and sycophantic towards the Doctor.

I have a lot of sympathy with that point of view. She was a bit like Pertwee's Victoria in some ways. I didn't mind Jo, but the character was better when sharing the limelight with the Brig/UNIT than in her own right.

stengos wrote:
Normally i would go straight for Sarah Jane / Liz Sladen but i didnt find her that convincing in her first season with Jon. She improved considerably with Tom.

This is where I disagree. I thought Sarah had a great chemistry with Jon. Better in many ways than Jo. There was some genuine tender moments, most notably in Monster of Peladon and Planet of the Spiders.
Despite its faults, I'm very fond of S11. Smile

4Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? Empty Re: Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? 15th August 2019, 9:48 am

iank

iank

Liz. With the Brig.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

5Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? Empty Re: Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? 15th August 2019, 10:06 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

This is difficult. Unlike some here, I do actually really like Liz Shaw, and I feel like her only issue was being sidelined to only one year (albeit the best year of Pertwee’s time). I like Jo quite a bit much of the time, but the soap opera elements to her character (that being her getting into a relationship during quite a handful of stories in seasons 9 and 10) do grate a little, and she could become a little annoying as a result. I agree with the assessment than Sarah was at times better with Jon than Tom, not least because she was more active for most of the stories and wasn’t as prone to screaming (an unfortunate tendency during Hinchcliffe’s time, as fucking good as it is), though she came across as more at home in the role with Tom, yes. Hmm...

I’m voting for Liz. But, I agree with Ronnie about season 11. I don’t see why it gets so much criticism around these parts- The Time Warrior and Invasion Of The Dinosaurs (crap looking Dinosaur modelwork aside) are brilliant, and the season never really dips below mediocrity. I like it more than season 9, myself.

6Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? Empty Re: Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? 15th August 2019, 10:09 am

stengos

stengos

Ronnie wrote:
stengos wrote:Normally i would go straight for Sarah Jane / Liz Sladen but i didnt find her that convincing in her first season with Jon. She improved considerably with Tom.

This is where I disagree. I thought Sarah had a great chemistry with Jon. Better in many ways than Jo. There was some genuine tender moments, most notably in Monster of Peladon and Planet of the Spiders.
Despite its faults, I'm very fond of S11. Smile

Maybe I am being unfair. I'll give that season another go sometime soon-ish. I do like Invasion of the Dinosaurs a lot despite all those puppets. Imagine if they gave it a CGI makeover ...

Smile

7Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? Empty Re: Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? 15th August 2019, 5:51 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

3 and Jo Grant. Bonus points if Benton or Yates are with them as well. Admittedly 3 can be a bit of a jerk and Jo was a bit ditzy at the start, but their relationship blossomed in Season 10.

8Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? Empty Re: Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? 15th August 2019, 6:37 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Liz Shaw

Jo was often a bit too fickle for my liking, and Sarah was still a bit militant and hadn't blossomed yet.

9Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? Empty Re: Pertwee era: Best Tardis team? 15th August 2019, 11:15 pm

BillPatJonTom

BillPatJonTom

All the Pertwee companions were good but Jon and Katy had the best chemistry so this made for the best team imo.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum