Worst New Who season finale

+5
Tanmann
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
Pepsi Maxil
Zarius
iank
9 posters

Which is the worst official New Who season finale?

Worst New Who season finale I_vote_lcap0%Worst New Who season finale I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Worst New Who season finale I_vote_lcap0%Worst New Who season finale I_vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
Worst New Who season finale I_vote_lcap8%Worst New Who season finale I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Worst New Who season finale I_vote_lcap8%Worst New Who season finale I_vote_rcap 8% [ 1 ]
Worst New Who season finale I_vote_lcap50%Worst New Who season finale I_vote_rcap 50% [ 6 ]
Worst New Who season finale I_vote_lcap25%Worst New Who season finale I_vote_rcap 25% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 12

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Worst New Who season finale Empty Worst New Who season finale 10th August 2019, 4:17 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Which official New Who season finale is the absolute worst? I gravitate towards Dark Water/Death in Heaven myself, but what do you guys think?

2Worst New Who season finale Empty Re: Worst New Who season finale 10th August 2019, 4:21 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

Dark Water/Death in Heaven.

It just finally finished me off

3Worst New Who season finale Empty Re: Worst New Who season finale 10th August 2019, 10:52 pm

iank

iank

I genuinely like the series 5 closer, but there are so many to choose from. Doomsday, JE, Death in Heaven and Hell Bent all line up as candidates for worst story ever, never mind worst finale.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

4Worst New Who season finale Empty Re: Worst New Who season finale 11th August 2019, 2:08 pm

Zarius

Zarius

Series eight..Dark Water is great, but nothing of note happens in Heaven other than Osgood/Maybe Not Osgood's death, and they should have killed Kate too. Cyberbrig is Moffat's lowest point and a true character nadir.

It's worth it just to see bitchy Clara so broken though, thankfully she got much better after this.

5Worst New Who season finale Empty Re: Worst New Who season finale 11th August 2019, 2:59 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

I never saw The Battle of Ranskoor Av Kolos. It seemed like a complete non-event at the time and I remember seeing comments from NuWho fans saying "was that it?"

6Worst New Who season finale Empty Re: Worst New Who season finale 11th August 2019, 3:02 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I watched about 20 minutes of it out of morbid curiosity. It’s certaintly the dullest and most unimaginative of the finales, and a strong case can be made for it being the worst from what I’ve seen, though I didn’t finish the damn thing and so didn’t vote for it.

7Worst New Who season finale Empty Re: Worst New Who season finale 12th August 2019, 1:58 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

If I'm judging by an individual episode, then Hell Bent without a doubt. Utterly the worst NewWho story. But it also has Heaven Sent, which I adore, so I might just go with either Wedding of River Song or Battle of whatever the fuck the title is supposed to be.

8Worst New Who season finale Empty Re: Worst New Who season finale 14th August 2019, 11:10 am

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe wrote:If I'm judging by an individual episode, then Hell Bent without a doubt. Utterly the worst NewWho story. But it also has Heaven Sent, which I adore, so I might just go with either Wedding of River Song or Battle of whatever the fuck the title is supposed to be.

I didn't see Battle.

But I do remember after Wedding of River Song, thinking to myself "I would be happy now if I never saw River again."

9Worst New Who season finale Empty Re: Worst New Who season finale 16th August 2019, 10:19 pm

Mott1

Mott1

You know, as utterly shambolic as Death In Heaven is (and as ghastly as Simm's performance in the rotten Last Of The Time Lords is) I still hate Hell Bent more. Those scenes with the General betray both the character of the Doctor and the time lords as well as man-bashing. Hideous stuff.

10Worst New Who season finale Empty Re: Worst New Who season finale 17th August 2019, 2:20 am

Ludders

Ludders

How do you even choose? Blindfold yourself and throw a dart? LOL

No, I had to go for Series 3. Probably the moment when I truly accepted that it was the beginning of the end for me, as far as the New Series was concerned.

11Worst New Who season finale Empty Re: Worst New Who season finale 17th August 2019, 7:11 am

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

Ronnie wrote:How do you even choose? Blindfold yourself and throw a dart? LOL

No, I had to go for Series 3. Probably the moment when I truly accepted that it was the beginning of the end for me, as far as the New Series was concerned.
Were it not for the Capaldi era, I might just agree with this one. Last of the Time Lords is staggeringly bad as a piece of scriptwriting. Although both Doomsday and Journey’s End are probably on par with it for me.

12Worst New Who season finale Empty Re: Worst New Who season finale 17th August 2019, 8:04 am

stengos

stengos

Journeys End / Stolen Earth.

Closely followed by Heaven Sent / Hell Bent and Dark Water / Death in Heaven

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum