You are not connected. Please login or register

Stress relievers

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Stress relievers Empty Stress relievers on Mon 05 Aug 2019, 9:12 pm

Mercury

Mercury
What helps calm you down and keep your stress levels low?

2Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Mon 05 Aug 2019, 9:23 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
Walking around the block is usually a great way for me to calm down. Reading and writing also help a lot.

3Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Mon 05 Aug 2019, 11:28 pm

stengos

stengos
Execise of some sort - run, walk, swimming.

Hot shower or bath. I cant do cold showers.

Listen to gentle, relaxing music.

Being on my own for a while.

4Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Mon 05 Aug 2019, 11:39 pm

Doctor7

Writing,exercising,practicing my acting .

5Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 1:30 am

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater
I used to be stressed/anxious all the time for no reason. These days it's the opposite and I never get stressed at all.

The best answer is probably purely internal-psychological. You need to reach nirvana like I have.

6Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 1:54 am

iank

iank
Going for a walk. Watching a comedy. Listening to music/watching a music video. ,

7Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 12:13 pm

Zarius

Zarius
Writing and video editing

8Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 4:36 pm

stengos

stengos
Origami. I piss take ye not. Nothing advanced. Just following some elementary instructions from a book i have got.

It takes so much concentation that it blocks everything else out. Including the things stressing me.

Perhaps not as constructive and useful as sthg like video editing though ...

9Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 8:19 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
Everything seems so dark to me at the moment. It's like the world has been entirely drained of colour. The combination of paranoia, stress, anxiety and depression is not a particularly good mix. Watching Doctor Who is perhaps the best way for me to cope with it all. I often get so caught up in the adventure that I forget about my issues for a while.

10Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 8:57 pm

Mercury

Mercury
Commander Maxil Gale wrote:Everything seems so dark to me at the moment. It's like the world has been entirely drained of colour. The combination of paranoia, stress, anxiety and depression is not a particularly good mix. Watching Doctor Who is perhaps the best way for me to cope with it all. I often get so caught up in the adventure that I forget about my issues for a while.

I've been feeling the same too for the past couple months mate, Sadly in my case though, even Who is starting to lose its fun.

Glad to see its working for you.

11Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 9:03 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
@Mercury wrote:
Commander Maxil Gale wrote:Everything seems so dark to me at the moment. It's like the world has been entirely drained of colour. The combination of paranoia, stress, anxiety and depression is not a particularly good mix. Watching Doctor Who is perhaps the best way for me to cope with it all. I often get so caught up in the adventure that I forget about my issues for a while.

I've been feeling the same too for the past couple months mate, Sadly in my case though, even Who is starting to lose its fun.

Glad to see its working for you.

It's a truly horrible place to be. I hope you get better soon.

12Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 9:04 pm

Mercury

Mercury
Thanks man, same to you.

13Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 11:38 pm

cunt

cunt

14Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Tue 06 Aug 2019, 11:45 pm

iank

iank
I did wonder how long it would take. This is The Hive, after all. Big Grin

The world at large is pretty depressing these days, Maxil. I recommend other old retro TV as a tonic too. Anything to get away from the toxic 21st century. Wink

15Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 4:16 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
@Mercury wrote:

even Who is starting to lose its fun.

Are you struggling to watch it?

In truth, I only really watch the McCoy era and a selection of Sixties serials these days. That's all I really need to satisfy me.

16Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 4:34 pm

Mercury

Mercury
I still enjoy the McCoy and Troughton eras as well as some of Tom and Colin's work. But most the time I find myself not finding it as fun as it was, mainly due to the decline of Who today and constantly hearing how it (and other film and TV series)is going to shit.

17Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 5:15 pm

Bernard Marx

I’ve been feeling rather depressed and frustrated with the cynical state of modern society as a whole of late, especially concerning film and TV, and I’m sorry to hear that you guys feel the same way. For stress, I usually go on prolonged walks (preferably accompanied with a cool and welcoming breeze), listen to calm and otherworldly sounding music, and re-watch something close to my affections, hence why Classic Who typically works well with such things.

Yeah- I understand why watching Classic Who can be a more melancholic experience in light of the modern programme, though I try to liven it up by putting it into the context of the modern shite and appreciating how much better and respectfully conceived it is by comparison. Likewise, due to how depressing modern cinema and TV is, I’ve decided to branch out and look further to the past as to experience some feeling of hope in relation to the arts. I’m discovering the films of Fritz Lang and Jean Cocteau now (yeah, I’m relatively young), and plan on watching the works of other foreign language directors from previous eras as I have thoroughly enjoyed what I have seen so far. I’ve also decided to branch out with literature, and have now started reading Dostoyevsky, Kafka and Kant both for study purposes and to actually experience something decent and challenging within the medium. It’s certainly helped in my case.

18Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 7:36 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
@Bernard Marx wrote:I’ve been feeling rather depressed and frustrated with the cynical state of modern society as a whole of late, especially concerning film and TV, and I’m sorry to hear that you guys feel the same way. For stress, I usually go on prolonged walks (preferably accompanied with a cool and welcoming breeze), listen to calm and otherworldly sounding music, and re-watch something close to my affections, hence why Classic Who typically works well with such things.

Yeah- I understand why watching Classic Who can be a more melancholic experience in light of the modern programme, though I try to liven it up by putting it into the context of the modern shite and appreciating how much better and respectfully conceived it is by comparison. Likewise, due to how depressing modern cinema and TV is, I’ve decided to branch out and look further to the past as to experience some feeling of hope in relation to the arts. I’m discovering the films of Fritz Lang and Jean Cocteau now (yeah, I’m relatively young), and plan on watching the works of other foreign language directors from previous eras as I have thoroughly enjoyed what I have seen so far. I’ve also decided to branch out with literature, and have now started reading Dostoyevsky, Kafka and Kant both for study purposes and to actually experience something decent and challenging within the medium. It’s certainly helped in my case.

I feel very alienated by a lot of things that come out today. I hardly ever feel that way when I'm watching something from the past. The Eighties in particularly is an era that has always appealed to me ever since I was a young boy. I've recently gone back and delved into Thirties cinema and I've developed quite the crush on Judy Garland. I'm an admirer of Fritz Lang, my favourite film of his being Metropolis (1929). Why is something that's ninety years old somehow more compelling than the majority of crap we get now?

I must admit that the whole "war on Men" thing does get to me sometimes. There's only so many times one can hear the words "toxic masculinity" before it starts to have a very negative mental effect. Sometimes I feel like I should feel ashamed for just being the gender I am. There's a wonderful line in Rocky II: " I never asked you to stop being a woman, so please don't ask me to stop being a man" I wish these people would see this.

19Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 7:51 pm

Bernard Marx

Most of what is released today seems to lack any atmosphere or ingenuity, and seems permeated by the depressing political turbulence of modern society. I fucking adore Metropolis as well- it was my first silent film, and over 150 minutes in length, and captivated me more than anything I’ve seen released this year. What a brilliant and influential work that is. I enjoy the 80s too, though also have a strong adherence to the 70s as well. I’m a little ambivalent towards the 90s though, as that seems to be when cinema started embracing mediocrity (at least based on my observations).

I too loathe hearing about toxic masculinity within the media, and it does make me feel a little worthless as a young Male. I didn’t properly notice such a trend in the media until about two years ago- I’ve always considered myself to be rather left leaning, and don’t consider such bollocks to be genuinely progressive in the slightest. I properly started feeling frustrated with this trend after series 11 of New Who came out, which I guess is the key incentive to me both joining this forum and discovering the works of said directors and writers, so I can thank the shitstorm for that.

20Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 8:26 pm

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
Truth be told, it's hard to find a permanent solution to relieve my stress. I have Aspergers and Autism, mixed with anxiety, and I recently get more breakdowns and crying fits whenever I'm in a claustrophobic area, or paranoia whenever I feel like I'm doing something wrong. The best way to help myself is to watch any of my favourite shows. Sometimes I go for a therapeutic experience to help me release all of my tears and anxieties, like watching Season 5/6 of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, or nearly every episode of Bojack Horseman, so I can realise that I'm not the only one who feels like this, to feel wrong. Alternatively, I do watch positive shows such as Steven Universe or the Troughton era, and read the 8th Doctor books (my personal favourite era) in a quiet area to also help calm me down.

21Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Wed 07 Aug 2019, 8:30 pm

Bernard Marx

As someone with high functioning Autistic Spectrum Disorder and traits of anxiety myself, I can relate considerably with this. Sorry to hear that you experience such things.

22Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Thu 08 Aug 2019, 1:14 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
@Bernard Marx wrote:I too loathe hearing about toxic masculinity within the media, and it does make me feel a little worthless as a young Male. I didn’t properly notice such a trend in the media until about two years ago

The problem with me is that because I was bullied in my school years and got targeted and terrorized by some local vicious gangs in my teens, I probably was forgiving of the term 'toxic masculinity' as referring to something I could agree was a problem that didn't apply to me. I get the sense for many male feminists, they maybe went through the same thing.

The problem is it always snowballs from there to become a rampant snobbery of all-encompassing reasons why you're worthless or out of line as a male (and every time you think you're wrong, you try to reapproach and are despised even more for it), and of course the bullying and cruelty of women and girls towards men and boys becomes erased as an issue, or reinterpreted as them just being assertive and empowered, and there always being some kind of just 'world' excuse for why the guy deserved it.

It's insidious because it gets you to make compromise after compromise. And I did, until eventually, well I ended up feeling so worthless and wrong by 2013 that I very nearly became another male suicide. And it wasn't till I started listening to Honey Badger Radio that I began to realize how starved of male positivity I'd been, and how rampant the demonization of men had become.

23Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Thu 08 Aug 2019, 1:59 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
Stress relievers Miss10

24Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Sat 10 Aug 2019, 8:16 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
@Mercury wrote:I still enjoy the McCoy and Troughton eras as well as some of Tom and Colin's work. But most the time I find myself not finding it as fun as it was, mainly due to the decline of Who today and constantly hearing how it (and other film and TV series)is going to shit.

I like the Hartnell, Troughton and McCoy eras, but I don't really have that much time for the rest anymore. I've never been that big on the Seventies stuff anyway and the Davison/C.Baker eras have begun to lose a lot of their magic for me. I've pretty much stopped collecting the DVDs although I will eventually buy the missing episode audio sets on CD when I have enough money. Occasionally I'll get the odd novel as well.

25Stress relievers Empty Re: Stress relievers on Mon 12 Aug 2019, 1:24 am

Doctor7

You know I usually don't mind being called sir but today for some reason I got triggered by my dad and uncle demanded to be called that and it brought some trauma they were got angry and called me names I can't do anything right Nazi occasionally does that going to seek therapy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum