You are not connected. Please login or register

Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations on Sun Aug 04, 2019 12:56 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
I concur with Kaijuko. Wait for a cheaper paperback or second hand version, or see if you can hire it from your local library.

52Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations on Sun Aug 04, 2019 10:39 pm

TiberiusDidNothingWrong

TiberiusDidNothingWrong
Dick Tater
I don't get the appeal in reading these

I could be reading uhh dostoyevskий or some shit

53Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations on Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:32 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
Ordered. Hope it was worth it.

Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations - Page 3 Novel_10

54Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations on Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:37 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
Great read so far. Some nice comedic touches throughout.

55Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:18 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
It all went a bit tits up when it was revealed that Colonel Archer was a reader of the Guardian. As we're all fully aware, there's only one step from reading the Guardian to being a communist spy.

56Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations on Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:25 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
The nonsense attempt at humoured levity with the station cat's antics trying to add 'cute' comic relief during the lead-up to a firefight really was Saward at almost his most ham-fisted.

57Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations on Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:38 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
Sorry, but my own "fan" novelization of Resurrection is so much more faithful to the source material and is made with actual loving care. Here's an excerpt:

The Doctor pointed a finger at Tegan. "Come here, you Aussie slag," he ordered in his best Jamaican accent. Tegan obeyed and ran to the eccentric traveler. Turlough, dressed somewhat like a male stripper, followed closely behind her in his wheelchair. As the two approached, the Time Lord directed their attention to some graffiti on a nearby wall. He looked at Turlough and asked, "What's that look like to you, ya giant pleb?" Turlough studied the graffiti with some interest and, upon realizing what it was depicting, licked his lips. "Looks like a giant cock and balls, guv'nor." A broad smile implanted itself onto the Doctor's face. Just then, The man from those tedious Gladstone Brookes ads burst out of one of the warehouse doors and starting banging on about mis-sold PPI.

58Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations on Fri Aug 16, 2019 7:43 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
And I thought the bit in my Day of the Doctor novelization where Clara gets slightly wet during riding her motorbike was a bit risque...

59Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations on Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:07 pm

Mercury

Mercury
That awkward moment when you realize that Maxil's 'fan novelization' is much more enjoyable than the actual novelization AND the original TV story...

60Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations on Fri Aug 16, 2019 10:15 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
I really should give the old unofficial TSV version another read.

EDIT: here's the link

61Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations on Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:53 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
My other story is a Doctor-lite adventure. It features Mel and Ace as they arrive on the planet Bubble Butt Mania. The Bubble Butt queen accuses them of being spies from the planet Pink Pussy Squirt and sentences them to death by smothering. As the Bubble Butt executions oil themselves up, Mel and Ace plan a daring escape.

62Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations on Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:53 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss
Listening to the Terry Molloy audio book!

63Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations on Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:22 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
Chief Caretaker
@Rawkuss wrote:Listening to the Terry Molloy audio book!

Has he nodded off yet?

64Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations - Page 3 Empty Re: Eric Saward's Dalek Novelisations on Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:12 am

Rawkuss

Rawkuss
Not yet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum