You are not connected. Please login or register

The Pilot

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

High flying or crash landing?

0% 0% [ 0 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
15% 15% [ 2 ]
0% 0% [ 0 ]
8% 8% [ 1 ]
23% 23% [ 3 ]
8% 8% [ 1 ]
8% 8% [ 1 ]
8% 8% [ 1 ]
30% 30% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 13

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 The Pilot on Sun Apr 02, 2017 3:13 pm

Put your opinions here. God help us all. This one has a lesbian in it.

View user profile

2 Re: The Pilot on Sun Apr 02, 2017 5:28 pm

C'mon, fess up, who voted for Black Box? You know the correct answer is Barrowman - unless you are toiletman in which case nobody cares LOL

View user profile

3 Re: The Pilot on Sun Apr 02, 2017 6:36 pm

No mile high club? For shame.


_________________
And you will obey me.
View user profile

4 Re: The Pilot on Sun Apr 02, 2017 7:24 pm

Adam Ant Driver

avatar
Dick Tater
Rawkuss wrote:C'mon, fess up, who voted for Black Box? You know the correct answer is Barrowman - unless you are toiletman in which case nobody cares LOL

It was me! I thought I'd be optimistic and give it a bad score without it being a complete disaster. It could have been a mistake but I guess we'll see in a couple of weeks.

View user profile http://thehiveforum.forumotion.com

5 Re: The Pilot on Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:36 pm

Why not consider watching it first?

View user profile

6 Re: The Pilot on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:22 pm

I want to be magnamimous and give it a chance and hope for the best, but the old familiar feelings of dread and despair are approaching the closer it gets...

View user profile

7 Re: The Pilot on Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:44 pm

Penny wrote:Why not consider watching it first?

Where is the fun in that? Wink

View user profile

8 Re: The Pilot on Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:56 pm

@iank wrote:I want to be magnamimous and give it a chance and hope for the best, but the old familiar feelings of dread and despair are approaching the closer it gets...
Me too. I've been let down too many times.

Fool me once, shame on Moff. Fool me 5 or 6 timers, shame on me.

View user profile

9 Re: The Pilot on Wed Apr 05, 2017 1:43 pm

This is called The Pilot because once you see it you will want to leave the country.

View user profile

10 Re: The Pilot on Sat Apr 15, 2017 6:57 pm

Barrowman- it's a tradition. And I won't be watching it either, thus sparing my agony. Wake me when Chibbers takes over...


_________________

"You really believe in a man who has helped to save the world twice, with the power to change his physical appearance?
An alien who travels though time and space... in a police box?"- Liz Shaw, Spearhead From Space

"Moffatt didn't so much write a script as shove the rejected first draft of an L Ron Hubbard book into a lawnmower."- A. Reader, The Guardian.
View user profile

11 Re: The Pilot on Sat Apr 15, 2017 7:11 pm

Rawkuss wrote:This is called The Pilot because once you see it you will want to leave the country.

Anyone here watching will probably feel like that United Airlines passenger LOL

View user profile

12 Re: The Pilot on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:29 pm

Absolutely terrible.

Bill is okay overall, but the problem is I have seen it all before. A young, feisty, cockney woman from 21st century London has a boring life and wants to see the universe. At least she doesn't want to shag him mind you, and so far there hasn't been some weird mystery around her that has something to do with the main villain in the finale. Still other than that, just the same old, "I'm a twenty something cockney, nothing happened in my life until I met this fabulous, crazy man blah, blah, blah" get a new idea for a companion already.

Pearl Mackie isn't a bad actress, but the character can get annoying the way she has to keep picking holes in everything.

My god the Daleks. They are my favourite badguys and I really hoped to see them get a good story after the disaster of last year. Here they got a crappy cameo before getting Worfed by a stalker made of water!

The water monster was lame. Barely an explanation, plus her and Bill's romance happened so fast it was unbelievable.

Added to that nothing happened in it for the first 25 mins. It was just a dull soap opera.

3/10. All 3 of the leads were alright, with Capaldi being the best, but other than that piss poor.

View user profile

13 Re: The Pilot on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:43 pm

It wasn't explained but I've put it down to "Because it looks cool".
Water possessed monster chased them across time and space. Them's the breaks.
But if it was so obsessed with Bill, why the fuck did it imitate a Dalek?
I'd travel through the universe with Heather in a heartbeat. But the viewer isn't supposed to and be more interested in the leads!
I feel it might take a few weeks before it settles down and shows promise.

Oh and you didn't hear it from me, but in some shots Capaldi is turning into Mr. Noseybonk.

View user profile

14 Re: The Pilot on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:46 pm

I see Moffat's been watching San Junipero and completly missing the point.

Also, when did the Waters of Mars and the Midnight Monster concieve?

View user profile

15 Re: The Pilot on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:48 pm

What a fucking mess.

Chinball is going to have to do some serious hiring, firing and thinking before his version of Who is unleashed upon the public.

Tonight though: disaster - like a teen romance flick roughly stuffed into a vary basic plot, featuring as mediocre a threat as I've ever seen on the show. All was saved by Bill 'letting go' of her fluid-based stalkerette, which kind of sounds like it should be on an 'advanced' version of the Bristol scale.

However, the original scale should suffice in determining where this episode stands in the annuls of time.

This was a definite type 7. No shape or structure at all.


_________________
View user profile

16 Re: The Pilot on Sat Apr 15, 2017 8:58 pm

@Defeatment wrote:It wasn't explained but I've put it down to "Because it looks cool".
Water possessed monster chased them across time and space. Them's the breaks.
But if it was so obsessed with Bill, why the fuck did it imitate a Dalek?
I'd travel through the universe with Heather in a heartbeat. But the viewer isn't supposed to and be more interested in the leads!
I feel it might take a few weeks before it settles down and shows promise.

Oh and you didn't hear it from me, but in some shots Capaldi is turning into Mr. Noseybonk.

I wasn't sure if it imitated a Dalek or if it killed and possessed the Dalek's corpse before dissolving it completely?

Whatever the case it was stupid that the Daleks couldn't kill this thing. This thing is above the Daleks LOL. Also why did the Doctor take the thing to the Daleks? What does he just toss them aliens to slaughter nowadays?

The Daleks have been really lame for the past few years. Couldn't even kill Kinky Poppins, got beaten by a clogged pipe, got compared to Dodgems, and now can't even kill water with a crush.

The low point of my fave badguys careers.

View user profile

17 Re: The Pilot on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:00 pm

@burrunjor wrote:
@Defeatment wrote:It wasn't explained but I've put it down to "Because it looks cool".
Water possessed monster chased them across time and space. Them's the breaks.
But if it was so obsessed with Bill, why the fuck did it imitate a Dalek?
I'd travel through the universe with Heather in a heartbeat. But the viewer isn't supposed to and be more interested in the leads!
I feel it might take a few weeks before it settles down and shows promise.

Oh and you didn't hear it from me, but in some shots Capaldi is turning into Mr. Noseybonk.

I wasn't sure if it imitated a Dalek or if it killed and possessed the Dalek's corpse before dissolving it completely?

Whatever the case it was stupid that the Daleks couldn't kill this thing. This thing is above the Daleks LOL. Also why did the Doctor take the thing to the Daleks? What does he just toss them aliens to slaughter nowadays?

The Daleks have been really lame for the past few years. Couldn't even kill Kinky Poppins, got beaten by a clogged pipe, got compared to Dodgems, and now can't even kill water with a crush.

The low point of my fave badguys careers.

Low point? It's only episode 1. I imagine the worst is yet to come!

View user profile

18 Re: The Pilot on Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:09 pm

@Defeatment wrote:
@burrunjor wrote:
@Defeatment wrote:It wasn't explained but I've put it down to "Because it looks cool".
Water possessed monster chased them across time and space. Them's the breaks.
But if it was so obsessed with Bill, why the fuck did it imitate a Dalek?
I'd travel through the universe with Heather in a heartbeat. But the viewer isn't supposed to and be more interested in the leads!
I feel it might take a few weeks before it settles down and shows promise.

Oh and you didn't hear it from me, but in some shots Capaldi is turning into Mr. Noseybonk.

I wasn't sure if it imitated a Dalek or if it killed and possessed the Dalek's corpse before dissolving it completely?

Whatever the case it was stupid that the Daleks couldn't kill this thing. This thing is above the Daleks LOL. Also why did the Doctor take the thing to the Daleks? What does he just toss them aliens to slaughter nowadays?

The Daleks have been really lame for the past few years. Couldn't even kill Kinky Poppins, got beaten by a clogged pipe, got compared to Dodgems, and now can't even kill water with a crush.

The low point of my fave badguys careers.

Low point? It's only episode 1. I imagine the worst is yet to come!

Well assuming there are more Dalek eps?

View user profile

19 Re: The Pilot on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:07 pm

I don't think there are, no.
Can't wait for this! Wink

View user profile

20 Re: The Pilot on Sat Apr 15, 2017 10:13 pm

But didnt last season establish Daleks can't die. New Who really doesnt give a fuck with continuity.

View user profile

21 Re: The Pilot on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:08 pm

@Genkimonk wrote:But didnt last season establish Daleks can't die.  New Who really doesnt give a fuck with continuity.

Also how does Bill not know what the fuck a Dalek is either? They stole the entire earth barely ten years ago.

I know they said the cracks erased that, but the cracks themselves were undone and everything was put back like Rory for instance.

Also in Death in Heaven they made out that everyone knew about the battle of canary wharf which involved Daleks.

So either way she should know. TBH though the whole humans knowing about aliens thing is all over the place.

End of RTD era everyone knows about aliens because of the Cyber invasion, the Dalek invasion etc.

Series 5 according to Moff no one knows about aliens anymore. Conformed with Craig not knowing what a Cyberman is and Clara not knowing what a Dalek is.

However Death in Heaven says they did happen as not only are the Cybermen public knowledge, but so is the Battle of Canary Wharf, and apparently Cybermen have been public knowledge since the Invasion too! So why the fuck did Rose, or indeed any companion post 1969 not know that aliens existed LOL.

But now it seems that nobody knows about aliens again.

I hate the way new who fans often try and justify this with "oh but there were three explanations for Atlantis". Yeah and that was crap too. Just because Old Who had rubbish continuity at certain points, doesn't mean new who should. Also in old who's case there were no repeats, and no videos so they couldn't check these things out. New Who meanwhile they have no excuse.

View user profile

22 Re: The Pilot on Sat Apr 15, 2017 11:20 pm

Its all Davies' fault; it should never have been that public and accepted, because it makes the Who world radically different to our own, whereas in classic it was fun to think all these things could be happening and we just didn't hear about it or they all got covered up/explained away. Even Aliens of London he put the toys back in the box again at the end by having the press declaring it was all a hoax - but from Christmas Invasion on it was fucked.

View user profile

23 Re: The Pilot on Sun Apr 16, 2017 1:37 am

@burrunjor wrote:
...got beaten by a clogged pipe...
Two years ago that would have been the craziest thing ever posted on a Who forum. But fuck me, it actually happened.


@Genkimonk wrote:But didnt last season establish Daleks can't die.  New Who really doesnt give a fuck with continuity.
Not even it's own. Remember how River said that the TARDIS only makes a noise because the Doctor leaves the brake on?

And yet in the last Xmas special, River pilots the TARDIS and it makes a noise.

Both episodes being written by a Mr. S. Moffatt.

(I think the "S" stands for Sod-off!)

View user profile

24 Re: The Pilot on Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:17 am

Davies introduced the retcon drug in Torchwood, which explains why people forget big invasions and the like...retcon was even used last series

View user profile

25 Re: The Pilot on Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:36 am

How do you do the threat and impact of an alien invasion - in modern TV - without involving the population?

It's all very well curbing these things while they're still in caves, a spaceship, orbit, reliant on a homing beacon, in the far future, etc, but it's a bit limiting writing-wise.

There weren't many attempts to scale things up in the old show, so when there was an 'event' it was usually well-contained or forgotten about. There are a few exceptions, like Invasion of The Dinosaurs, but the show never really had the pennies to do a serious, worldwide threat.

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum