Rawkuss
REDACTED
stengos
Tanmann
SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 18th June 2019, 10:41 am

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

SomeCallMeEnglishGiraffe

Definitely an odd choice to pick, but I'm not complaining. I make no qualms about it, I adore Trial of a Timelord, it's one of my favourite Seasons, and I'm excited to get this.

2Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 18th June 2019, 11:57 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Can't polish a turd.

Should have picked a McCoy season instead.

3Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 18th June 2019, 12:31 pm

Tanmann

Tanmann
Dick Tater

I might get it.

Though I'll be surprised if they manage to get Colin and Eric in the same studio.

4Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 18th June 2019, 12:54 pm

stengos

stengos

They have to release the turds alternately with the good seasons otherwise they will never get released.

And if you freeze a turd and give it a layer of sealant and varnish then you could polish it.

If they go to town on the extras then it would be a tempting offer, e.g., documentaries and PDF scripts of the cancelled stories, a documentary about the behind the scenes office politics surrounding the season, a blue ray version of that clip of ChinBalls making an ass of himself slagging off Pip and Jane Baker, maybe even the audio plays BF did of the cancelled stories.

But if they don't do much with it because they don't think they will get their money back then it wouldn't interest me much.

5Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 18th June 2019, 6:39 pm

Zarius

Zarius

6Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 18th June 2019, 10:05 pm

REDACTED

Its a pisser they didn't choose 22.

7Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 18th June 2019, 10:59 pm

iank

iank

Really odd to go for the - IMO - worst season of classic Who so soon. 22 would have been a vastly superior choice.
But I'm not buying them anyway, so whatever.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKNC69I8Mq_pJfvBireybsg

8Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 18th June 2019, 11:01 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

I refuse to own anything featuring Chibnall's stupid feminist logo. Even if the packaging weren't shit, my blu-ray player already has excellent DVD upscaling technology, so I have no incentive to upgrade.

9Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 20th June 2019, 10:48 am

Zarius

Zarius

One of the extended scenes was played in the trailer....one of Mel's very awful utterances in the trial room over how unpleasant The Master is...and it's worse than what made it on screen. Sometimes deleted scenes have a reason to exist.

10Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 20th June 2019, 11:00 am

Arthur Stengos

Arthur Stengos

The only thing I’m looking forward to is the full isolated scores as the only good thing about The Trial of a Timelord was the music and the space station special fx and Peri’s death scene at the end of Mindwarp as brilliantly acted by Nicola Bryant. Unfortunately, All the rest of that season was absolute crap and embarrassing.

On a positive note, I’m excited that Mark Ayres has commissioned Richard Hartley to re-record the score to Mindwarp. Hopefully his re-recording is as close to the original as possible that he originally did in 1986.

11Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 20th June 2019, 12:44 pm

Rawkuss

Rawkuss

Sounds brilliant!

12Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 24th June 2019, 6:33 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

Arthur Stengos wrote:

On a positive note, I’m excited that Mark Ayres has commissioned Richard Hartley to re-record the score to Mindwarp. Hopefully his re-recording is as close to the original as possible that he originally did in 1986.

That is good news. I've always been a fan of the score but it never got released. Hope they include an isolated score option for the re-recorded version.

13Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 26th June 2019, 11:00 am

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

£39 for this turkey. It isn't even visually appealing! A lot of the sets look garish and cheap compared to those in "Revelation" the year before.

14Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 26th June 2019, 10:59 pm

iank

iank

The opening shot is great.
Then it's downhill all the way.

15Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 27th June 2019, 10:46 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

The only good thing about it is Bonnie Langford. That's something I think we can all agree on.

16Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 6th July 2019, 11:53 am

Ludders

Ludders

Commander Maxil wrote:£39 for this turkey. It isn't even visually appealing! A lot of the sets look garish and cheap compared to those in "Revelation" the year before.

Wait a year, and it will be a tenner.

17Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 7th July 2019, 6:34 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

If Bonnie Langford does some interviews for the set I will legitimately pay one of you via PayPal to screencap, record and send them to me. I get the feeling I'd need them for educational purposes...

18Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 5th August 2019, 1:35 pm

Bernard Marx

Bernard Marx

I don’t think I’ll be buying this. Season 23 isn’t a particular favourite, I wasn’t too impressed with the lack of difference in image quality on the sets I bought, and the added extras on prior sets I bought weren’t the most encouraging either. The ‘Behind The Sofa’ extras being a prime example, which seemed to consist of New Who turd polishing, with the Ark in Space one consisting of Louise Jameson declaring Robert Holmes to be the ‘Russell T Davies of the Classic era’, likely to appease Janet Fielding (who was also there, criticising classic stories for superficial reasons once again). It is frustrating and cynical that New Who sycophancy can still be found on Blu Ray sets for classic seasons designed to appeal to older classic fans (and perhaps younger classic fans yet to buy the DVDs), though I suppose this is to be expected in the wake of Series 11. These sets do come across as a cynical cash grab, designed by the BBC to ensure that alienated Classic fans give them their money, and I’d rather not fall for it again.

And yes- the season was shot on videotape and looks garish for most of it, so there’ll basically be no difference whatsoever in PQ. Glad to hear the news about the Mindwarp score, though.

19Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 5th August 2019, 11:31 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

They should be releasing the Tripods on Blu Ray instead as an apology to the fans for canceling it and airing this nonsense instead of a third series.

20Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 14th August 2019, 6:27 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

For the record, I actually enjoy the stuff written by Pip and Jane. It's a shame they didn't write the whole thing because the material they didn't write is shockingly awful. Vervoids is quite enjoyable if you fast forward through the Trial scenes. Sadly the damage had already been done by then.

21Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 14th August 2019, 10:17 pm

iank

iank

You won't need to if you get the Blu ray, Maxil, there's a re-edited Trial-free Vervoids on there!

22Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 30th September 2019, 10:15 pm

ClockworkOcean

Dick Tater

23Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 30th September 2019, 10:21 pm

Pepsi Maxil

Pepsi Maxil
The Grand Master

So bad LOL You can't polish a turd no matter how hard you try.

24Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 30th September 2019, 10:29 pm

iank

iank

LOL Agreed.

25Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray.  Empty Re: Season 23 is coming to Blu-Ray. 7th October 2019, 11:01 pm

iank

iank

Apparently the standalone Vervoids re-edit not only has new fx but a new title sequence as well. No idea what it's like.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum